August 2, 2014 | 872 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by luvivalot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a nice subtle highlighter and originally wanted By Candle Light from MAC...but my bank account doesn't agree with that at the moment. I tried this based on the reviews below and I am so happy that I did. I got a 3 off coupon so the price was around 10 bucks. I put it around the cheek bones and any place else I want depending on day/night time. It leaves on color behind (which is fine by me) and creates the light sheen on skin that doesn't look like glitter or anything resembling fake glitter chunks. The "happy" scent doesn't even phase me & most of the time I don't even smell it (which is a plus in my book...don't like smells on my face!) I'm going to try the bronzer next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gosh darn it, this thing puts a smile on my face everytime I use it. It's too cute, and I use a fluffy dual fiber brush so it's effect is a lovely subtle glow that perks up my ashen tired complexion. I have the natural blush, beige, and translucent powders. It's kinda pricey, and I wish the compact wasn't so darned huge. Other than that, love love it. The smell is mild to me and fades fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dollihaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a lovely product! I am a bit of a sucker for cute packaging and design, so I fell immediately for this sweet little compact.

Ultimately, this product reminds me of a toned-down Mineralized Skinfinish from MAC. Just a tiny deposit of glow as opposed to a sheet of shimmer. This can be swept over the entire face for a subtle touch of luminosity with a slight kiss of warm color.

As for the scent, it might not be everybody's cup of tea. I, personally, adore it because it reminds me of 80s childhood (not the greatest description, but the one that most accurately describes it for me)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is really, really pretty. It gives my very pale skin a nice soft glow without being over the top glittery or shimmery. (Please note: there is some shimmer, but it's pretty minimal as far as products of this type go.) It does have a nice, subtle sweet floral scent, but it's not cloying or overpowering. It is sheer but easy to build up to a nice glowy highlight. I think the packaging is a bit chintzy, but in general I don't love or hate the packaging. It's functional, at least, even if the pink chrome plastic seems a little cheap. The only real criticism I could give is that these powders and blushes are a bit expensive for drug store, but I suppose they generally fit in to PF's price point. I do intend to try other products from the line and I hope that PF expands the line to other types of products as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by leyla625

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually bought this so I would get $7 bucks back at CVS plus it came with a $3 coupon, it was basically free! I'd always wanted to try a shimmery powder but since I have an oily Tzone I never had the courage but I've become friends with a mattifier so why not?! LOVE the heart pattern and the scent is beautifically delicate. I even like the brush that came with it so have been using that one. The effect is such a pretty irridescent ivory pink tone and makes me look and well, feel, happy. I was even able to concentrate the bristles into the bright pink and popped that just on my cheeks for an extra glow. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Aren't these the prettiest things? I cannot smell the violet smell at all so if you are concerned with scent, it is very mild at all. I had to stick my nose in it LOL to smell it. it looks girley and feminine but of course the most important thing is that it leaves a very pretty blush on your face and I found it pigmented so it will last a long time.
I'm happy looking at it. I bought both the rose and translucent, both work well
Hope this helps you whether to get or not. the translucent of course is more natural and can be used as a highlighter ( ohhh! maybe over a cream blush, what do you think?. the rose will be rose so be soft to the rose!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Tinamarie1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To my surprise, I like this powder. Once I got past the gimmick, and put away the hammer and chisel I needed to use to actually open the box it was in, I found a nicely pigmented, long lasting, glow producing product. The glow was from the pink "hearts" not the happy boosting, or the violet scent, which I did not get much of. I may go and purchase on of the blushes too...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm using the medium shade of this powder instead of Translucent as Translucent seemed like it would be too pale even though it is supposed to be translucent lol Anyways... this is totally gimmicky but very cute and that is why I bought it. I needed a new powder and while the blushes looked tempting, the last thing I need is another blush. So I could still get the cute design and cute pink compact and get my kicks.

The packaging is very MineralWear but a metallic pink. Main powder compacts lifts up to expose a mirror and brush. The brush is cute too... two toned bright and dark pink. The powder has little hearts all over it which will last until you dive deep enough into the powder to fully buff them away. There's about 3 different colors of powder in the pallete and then one bright pink heart powder. When I bought it, it did have a pretty noticeable violet scent. After using it for 2 weeks I really have to stick my nose right to the powder to smell it. For some people that would be a plus, for me.... dammit I liked my violet scented powder.

The product itself is nice. The powder is pretty soft, milled fine. Leaves a nice finish w/o being matte or shiny. Just natural. The little pop of pink can be avoided but it actually works to liven up the skintone.

Of course it doesn't make you happy lol... but the cuteness factor might! I think it is a little silly for PF to claim it is mood boosting but I don't think anyone would take much stock in that anyways.

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Oh, Physicians Formula. They're pretty gimmicky, but I never thought they'd come out with a powder that would replace Prozac. I think they make some ridiculous claims, but the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent product itself is really nice.

PF's description:
Ultra-smooth, perfecting powder in a complementary palette of color blends together to even out skin tone with a flawless radiance.
Vibrant pink heart gives cheeks a healthy pop of color.
Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

My take:
I actually really like this. Physicians Formula has recently made some really nice powders with just the right amount of near-invisible, superfine shimmer. You really don't see powders like this in the drugstore. More subtle than Coty Airspun Luminous (which I do really like) and they blow HC Moon Glow and a lot of other drugstore highlighters out of the water. I even prefer them to WnW All-Over Shimmer.
My favorite thing about this powder is the lovely finish--I swirl my kabuki brush all over and the resulting effect is a soft, candelit pinky-ivory glow. Totally luminous. Really subtle. On par with PF Mineral Glow Pearls but a tad bit pinker than Translucent Pearl, thanks to the pink heart. It doesn't look cakey or powdery. It's not going to give you a flawless finish if your canvas has some blemishes, but it's nice as a finishing powder. The powder itself is silky and smooth. Also, I love that it's sheer enough not to look fake or to change my extremely pale skin tone (I'm lighter than NW10; about NW5 or so.) Unfortunately, I really hate that it has so many plant extracts; I feel like that cannot possibly be hypoallergenic. I hate flowery scents in my powders and this one straight up tells you it's going to have a heavy scent. It's potent, but at least we're warned. The other thing I object to is the seriously bulky packaging. But the powder itself is so gorgeous, that as long as I don't have a reaction to this powder, I'll keep using it.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No