January 29, 2015 | 1085 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by aperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the translucent color in this blush, because every time I seem to purchase a product from PF it is too dark for me. I am very pleased with this blush! It does look gimmicky, but I love the way it looks over my MAC Matte Blush in Melba. It gives me a great glow, and I think it would look great alone, too. It does smell lovely, and as for the "Mood Boosting" formula, I don't buy it. But the product itself is wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by princess101

Great powder for highlighting, but also works when blended with powder foundation for that "luminous" look. I will sometimes use this across the tops of my cheekbones after contouring, and it brings a brightness to the area, without any over-the-top glitter. Or I will swirl a brush into this, and then into my loose powder foundation and buff them onto my skin.

Packaging is cute but not practical as it is extremely bulky, I don't plan on carrying this around anyhow, so not a big deal. The scent is gorgeous and overall, a good buy. I would recommend waiting for a sale to purchase this as it is on the higher end of the spectrum for drugstore makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

Bought this on a splurge and ended up really liking it -- the case is cute (although, as always, w/PF the brush is useless), the highlight/shimmer of this is very natural and flattering, and the little hearts pattern on it is adorable. I think the idea of "happiness extract" or whatever the claims are for this are ridiculous, but the cute packaging and product do make me smile, and for $12 that's enough happiness boosting for me. If you have large pores this may be a highlighter that you can actually enjoy using. So - heck yeah, I'm happy! If these stay on sale, I may spring for the blushes. I'm pretty sure this is a limited edition thing, but if it's still available when I run out, I'd purchase it again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good dupe (not 100%) for MAC's Perfect Topping MSF. This is a little lighter than Perfect Topping. It was $8 on sale at CVS. It's a great highlighter that is not too shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by kiwibop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was worried that I wouldn't get much use out of this product because I thought it would be too glittery and make me appear too shiny. This product provides a nice subtle glow that looks really pretty actually. The product is very cute and the scent isn't too strong, which I like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is absolutely one of my favorite things I've gotten in a while. The smells is absolutely divine but not at all strong unless you sniff the compact. The translucent powder is perfect for a subtle glow that imparts nothing but glowy (read: not glittery) perfection. I use a bronzer brush(big and fluffy) and apply this directly over my foundation and I'm done. I don't think this would work with oily skin, but I find it makes me look perfect. It also looks good by itself for a subtle perfection. It is divine and looks like it will last for ever. Definitely pick this up when PF is on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by luvivalot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a nice subtle highlighter and originally wanted By Candle Light from MAC...but my bank account doesn't agree with that at the moment. I tried this based on the reviews below and I am so happy that I did. I got a 3 off coupon so the price was around 10 bucks. I put it around the cheek bones and any place else I want depending on day/night time. It leaves on color behind (which is fine by me) and creates the light sheen on skin that doesn't look like glitter or anything resembling fake glitter chunks. The "happy" scent doesn't even phase me & most of the time I don't even smell it (which is a plus in my book...don't like smells on my face!) I'm going to try the bronzer next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gosh darn it, this thing puts a smile on my face everytime I use it. It's too cute, and I use a fluffy dual fiber brush so it's effect is a lovely subtle glow that perks up my ashen tired complexion. I have the natural blush, beige, and translucent powders. It's kinda pricey, and I wish the compact wasn't so darned huge. Other than that, love love it. The smell is mild to me and fades fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dollihaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a lovely product! I am a bit of a sucker for cute packaging and design, so I fell immediately for this sweet little compact.

Ultimately, this product reminds me of a toned-down Mineralized Skinfinish from MAC. Just a tiny deposit of glow as opposed to a sheet of shimmer. This can be swept over the entire face for a subtle touch of luminosity with a slight kiss of warm color.

As for the scent, it might not be everybody's cup of tea. I, personally, adore it because it reminds me of 80s childhood (not the greatest description, but the one that most accurately describes it for me)!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is really, really pretty. It gives my very pale skin a nice soft glow without being over the top glittery or shimmery. (Please note: there is some shimmer, but it's pretty minimal as far as products of this type go.) It does have a nice, subtle sweet floral scent, but it's not cloying or overpowering. It is sheer but easy to build up to a nice glowy highlight. I think the packaging is a bit chintzy, but in general I don't love or hate the packaging. It's functional, at least, even if the pink chrome plastic seems a little cheap. The only real criticism I could give is that these powders and blushes are a bit expensive for drug store, but I suppose they generally fit in to PF's price point. I do intend to try other products from the line and I hope that PF expands the line to other types of products as well.