July 31, 2014 | 2022 users online

Crème - RCMA - Color Process Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2003 10:28:00 AM More reviews by ctomek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thank you to the wonderful swapper who sent me a sample of this. I tried applying it using a sponge, which didn't work and I didn't think much of the product. A few days later I tried applying it with my fingers, which warms the product up enough to make it easy to blend. Just make sure your skin is well-moisturized prior to application. The product just melts into your skin and looks completely natural but gives excellent coverage. The color I received was KO-1 which by some strange fluke turned out to match my skin perfectly (fairly light beige)! A little bit goes a long way, so I've been using the sample pot for a while now and just ordered my own from Makeup Mania - $18 for 1 oz. - not a bad price when you realize what a small amount you need to cover your entire face. This could be it, my HG of foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2003 5:59:00 PM More reviews by parkc

THIS IS AMAZING FOUNDATION. Kehoe invented this formula, and it is very clean and looks amazing on camera. I have been using it for over a year and my skin thanks me for it every day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 9:30:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

I use to think minerals were my holy grail foundations until I started noticing that my pores were always clogged. I tried RCMA based on some recs from some makeup artists and it has got to be the BEST foundation out there. I've used it continuously for almost two months now and I can safely say, no clogged pores, no breakouts and I have oily, sensitive, very acne prone skin. I use a non-latex sponge and stipple it on, a little at a time. I wait a few minutes, then powder well with a finishing powder and it looks great all day! Powdering is the key to working successfully with RCMA. I recently tried the genacolor (blush) which is the same formulation as the color process and I have a separate review for that but the blush is also great!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2003 5:46:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This is a solid cream foundation which comes in a small screw-top compact, like a cream blush or eyeshadow. Texture is highly blendable, yet opaque and buildable. It is not a particularly easy foundation to apply, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is not experienced in application. After much fiddling with various application methods, I have settled on fingers as the best choice, since this foundation is much easier to work when warmed. Pressing the cream into the skin with the fingertips gives a very natural and non-cakey coverage. No additional concealer is necessary, as you can add additional layers with a brush to cover blemishes, ideally powdering in between. This foundation looks and holds much better with a powdering anyway. Although the color range is extensive, it is very much biased towards the warmer and deeper end of the spectrum (bear in mind it is a professional formulation designed for use under bright lighting, not for skintone matching). Darker complexions who are unable to find a match in conventional ranges may well strike lucky here. Of the lighter shades, Porcelain and Ivory are self explanatory, F1 and F2 are a pink-ivory and a pink-beige respectively, and Gena Beige is a light peachy beige. All of the other 20+ shades are more suitable for tanned or medium to dark skin tones, and there is a good range of different undertones available here. Anyone looking for a truly perfect color match would probably need to blend two or more shades, which is not so easy to do with consistent results with a solid product such as this. The container is highly portable and durable, and the solid format makes it easy to disinfect between uses. If you don't need as much coverage as this provides, you could always use it as a concealer instead. If you can find a color match and can perfect the application technique, this is a terrific foundation for natural yet effective coverage. continued >>

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2002 10:06:00 AM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great for swipe-and-go coverage, which I've needed lately. It's more sheer than it looks but can be built. It evens out red spots and covers the circles, but blends into the skin so you only have to use it where needed. And my pot was $18, which seemed like a lot until I realized just how little goes a long way. I can see that it might be heavy for some skin types, especially if applied all over the face; I wouldn't call it weightless. But for those who like a little more coverage, it's fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2002 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got two colors just to be sure I'd find a match - Olive 1 and KO1. Both were fine (Olive a little too pinky, believe it or not - gosh, I'm green! KO1 is a fine, workable match) Anyhoo, it's not the color that's a problem, it's the composition of the product. The feel is sweaty and grainy, like the worst that Dermablend feels. Chalky yet oily. Too bad! Doesn't on easily without some serious aid of lotion. Oh, and it looks really fake, and I've got young skin! Can't even use this for concealer! And boy, can I feel this stuff when it's on! I'm not oily-complected, but I was sweating underneath it - and this is in February! This totally doesn't hold up against my Calvin Klein foundation and Club Monaco/ Skin Allison Raffaelle concealers!
UPDATE, 3/24/03I got a video of Alexis Vogel, which shows how a foundation like this is used. Well! I never! This is looking good now, actually. I think I got the hang of it - it actually looks nice on, now. I use it when I am up on stage and singing under hot lights with my band. Keeps its cool and stays on. I have a new respect for this stuff!
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2001 9:10:00 AM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the other review. I tried this out at makeupmania. The coverage can be absolutely flawless, and is perfect for photographs. You can blend it out with some regular lotion for a more sheer finish, or even use it as concealer. This will give you a very even tone all over your face, whicle varying the coverage. Since the texture feels a little oily, you do have to powder down a lot with translucent powder, but the staying power is very good. Even up close, it looks natural. Color matches can be achieved by custon blending, but they do have a wide range of shades avail. I have acne-prone skin, but have experienced no breakouts with this, even when used all over. I do not use this as my everyday foundation, but only as a concealer and will use it all over for photographs. I am MAC NC30 studiofix, KO2 in RCMA. K03 is NC35 Packaging is very plain and functional.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2001 8:57:00 PM More reviews by naztazia

Woah ladies and gentlemen... if you are reading this review, you are treading into some serious non-street makeup here! :-) RCMA was developed by Vincent Kehoe, professional film/stage/photo makeup-artist extraordinaire. His color process foundation is a very, very, very pigmented cream-based foundation that feels incredibly lightweight and non-irritating to the skin, even under the hottest conditions (lights, humidity, etc.). The coverage is lightweight yet *extremely* opaque. What you are left with is an incredily smooth and creamy-looking flawless complexion. BTW, the foundation comes in a bazillion colors, which are so blendable that any skintone can be precisely matched. Oh and it is highly recommended to powder this foundation very well after applying (RCMA makes a great translucent powder). You don't see many "everyday" people wearing this foundation, usually only actors, performers and musicians. And most of them will tell you it's fantastic!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No