RCMA Color Process Foundation

4.3

Ingredients: IPM (Isopropyl Myristate), Castor Oil, Carnauba, Candelilla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, propyl Paraben, BHT. May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.Green, Cos. Blue.

on 7/14/2005 2:58:00 AM

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now... and i think it might be love. I have been using this with mixed with a drop of the foundation thinner, to make it a liquid, and blending with my fingers. Powder is a must with this for my skin. Used alone, i found it made me look a bit flakey even when i wasn't. This foundation is gorgeous, it covers everything that you might need to cover and makes you look flawless all day!! I even found a colour match for my very pale skin- KO-G (for reference, even MAC and prescriptives don't go light enought for me). I'm not sure whether this shade is availiable everywhere though, I've only seen it at ACMUSE. Lovely, lovely stuff.
Edited to 4 lippies, as tended to 'melt' on my face despite the primer and powder, and is just too much work for everyday.

on 6/15/2005 3:17:00 AM

I love RCMA foundation. I wore this on my wedding day and got flawless, even coverage all day. I was surprised to find that my shade was "olive 1" because i'm usually in the ivory/beige/neutral families. This product looks much darker in the pot than once applied. There is a photo of me wearing "olive 1" in my pictures. This was applied at 7.30am, and when I removed it at 1am the next morning it was still immaculate. Highly recommended. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 6/6/2005 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad I tried this based on your reviews! This is the first foundation to completely match my skintone and look great! I bought the RCMA 16 color foundation pallete (Shinto Series) from Camera Ready Cosmetics online for 40.00. I'm so glad I did, so I could find the perfect match for me. It was one I would not of tried right away. Olive 2 was perfect for my skintone. If you really don't know what is going to be a match for you (a perfect match), I suggest doing this.

on 3/7/2005 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been searching for a foundation that has enough coverage for my hyperpigmentated areas and one that is safe for my overly sensitive, dry skin and RCMA fits both criterias! This is my HOLY GRAIL :-D

I wear NC44 in MAC Studio Stick, Golden in Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick and a 50/50 mixture of Toffee Bronze and Sunset Beige in Laura Mercier's foundation. In addition to one of these foundations I would have to use NW40 Studio Pot Concealer in MAC, so it was double work for me.

I use a mixture of Shinto 3 and Shinto 4 to get my coloring and guess what....No Need For An Extra Concealer, YEAH!! This stuff covers beautifully. You do have to be careful not to put too much on, but once you get the hang of it, the coverage can be flawless!! I set it with translucent powder and this stuff did not melt, shift or settle into my lines like other foundations that I have used in the past.

This stuff rocks! So if you need a foundation that has buildable coverage, is natural looking and you have been disappointed with dept store foundations, give RCMA a try! The price is $20.00 a pot.

on 2/9/2005 12:06:00 AM

I finally found something that matches my skintone! I always have problems finding something that is light but doesn't make me look like a ghost. I end up using something that looks way too dark. I decided to try RCMA Shinto 1 and it looks great. It covers really well and leaves a porcelain-like finish after I use powder. I've been using Illuminare for years because my skin is super sensitive and I'm always afraid of breakouts. I'm not sure what the ingredients are in the RCMA, but surprisingly it has never broken me out and I've been using it for 2 months.

After hearing about this product from you guys, I decided to buy it from themakeupartist.com At first, I hated this foundation! It appeared to have a thick and granular texture, feel heavy, and look and feel like a waxy mask! However, after learning some techniques on how to apply this, I've found that this foundation is definetely worth it once you learn how to apply it right! First, you nead to warm the product up. I wet my fingertips with warm water to thin the product out and make the consistency smoother. A LITTLE GOES A VERY LONG WAY! DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTSAKE I DID AND APPLY HEAVILY! One swipe of your fingers in the creme is enough for half of your face! Otherwise, this will seem to thicken up and look fake. RCMA has 50% pigmentation, one of the highest levels on the market that I have seen so far...I usually just apply this on my cheeks, and a little wipe of it on my chin and nose sometimes, otherwise I look a little TOO perfect and I look like a porcelain doll. =P

on 1/8/2005 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this foundation. I was introduced to it in Makeup school and thought for sure i'd want to chuck it when i was out working on my own. I was wrong. It covers like nobody's business, has awesome color selection, and really makes the skin flawless under harsh lights. It stays on forever as well. This product just really works. I hate cream foundations because they feel heavy and usually look heavy. This one still feels like a cream on but doesn't look cakey. I don't recommend it for everyday wear but it works wonders for pictures and camera work.

on 10/21/2004 12:39:00 PM

Can see why so many other artists' still use RCMA! Working as a makeup artist in print, film and tv these foundations are gorgeous w/ great staying power. Purchased a small shinto series pallette w/ 16 shades. Love it for my kit! Be sure to set with powder, try Dr. Haushchka's loose translucent.
Beautiful!

on 9/16/2004 3:20:00 PM

I agree with tvartdiva, this foundation is excellent! There's no way you can go wrong with it and they have colors for every shade there is. It gives excellent coverage and looks totally natural on skin. Super cheap ($15 or $17) for a small tub which lasts literally forever. I use two colors - one for eyes (Shinto I or II - can't remember right now) and another for my face K07 and they blend perfectly well together.

I like the powder too, but I've been using Alexis Vogels compact powder and loving the results! If you can find an RCMA counter (usually in places that sell theatrical/TV/Film makeup), then by all means give it a try. It's way better than those super, expensive foundations at department stores.

on 8/27/2004 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

**As a TV/ Film Union Artist I can honestly say that this is by far one of the best foundations available and a personal HG. RCMA works on a very simple TV makeup principal, no fillers= high melting temperature. It is perfect for every skin type, but for those with sensitive skin issues such as rosacea and acne it is a godsend and the coverage is flawless! Don't be intimidated by those who are not properly schooled in it's application technique. It is simple to apply and in my opinion fingers are not the best option for more than a single section. It is a total oxymoron, it covers completely yet is not heavy in texture. Anyone who finds it heavy, difficult to use or unblendable has clearly misused this product. *It can be all from a light coverage to full kabuki.

Directions:

For a long lasting, heat resistant, waterproof wear; use only a light gel moisturizer or primer under your foundation if any. Apply the foundation where you desire the most coverage, with a very warm, damp-not wet sponge stipple the foundation in a fast tapping motion to blend over the entire face (lids, lips as well) be careful not to drag or pull the sponge as you would with liquid base this will only leave you uneven. You can use with a dry sponge, but warm it against the back or you clean hand to make it more blend-able. *A brush my also be used to apply but blend. The shades that have been chosen are all accross the board. I especially love their yellow-based colors that range in depth, and are the most effective in perfecting red skin tones, and neutralizing red or hyper-pigmentation in the skin (I'm-Shinto III). Foundation should never be used to lighten or darken the skin, only correct in specific cases. Use your blusher, bronzers or my fav Ben Nye Contour Brown to contour where it is desirable to see it, * but only use dry pigments after you have set your base with complimenting loose powder like silica or (Ben Nye Banana Powder-fav!) and a puff, never a brush as it leaves texture marks. You're to take your time here, this is the most valuable step in all of your application; remember you are making a neutral canvas to which all color is to be applied. This is the foundation of celebrities, believe me I know, it's in my kit!

Popular Crème Foundations