RCMA Color Process Foundation

4.3

Ingredients: IPM (Isopropyl Myristate), Castor Oil, Carnauba, Candelilla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, propyl Paraben, BHT. May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.Green, Cos. Blue.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I thought at first I had made a massive mistake buying this foundation, because whilst the color was okay the texture appeared greasy and made my skin look flakey. I washed it all off and exfoliated with a washcloth and re-moisturised. It applyed much better, I pat it in with my fingers and then use a light powder to seal it in. I find this creates a flawless look. I was looking for a n alternative to mmu, because all the mmu brands I have tried have only lasted 3/4 hours on my skin and then turned into a cakey mess. This is how RCMA differs, it lasts litterally all day and when I removed it at night it still looked pretty good. You really have to be careful how you apply this though, because it can look really cakey if you're not careful!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is best so far that I've tried, no oils, petroleum, lanolin etc. Lasting coverage and high pigment, great finish and not greasy at all, feels comfortable on your skin. I have shinto 5 and it's so dark Shinto 4 is dark too, so I have to get maybe Shinto 3 or 2 to see if the color matches me or mix the colors. The company will not be making anymore palette testers, so I had to take that chance. I haven't given up cause I like the coverage and the texture of the foundation, great for photography.

I was so curious about this makeup from what I read that I bought one sight unseen to try it..The sales person said I might be close to KO1 even though I'm not Asian.I usually wear a 20 series in other foundations (light but not fair)...usually a couple shades down the list...anyway I got it and compared to my other foundations and found it to be too yellow.. at first I wished I had ordered the Gena Beige but the sales girl had said it might be too pink for me..Update well the Gena Biege turned out to be perfect! Well I couldn't believe how good it looked so I took it with me on a company trip. One night we had a cocktail party and I used all my evening brands and when I went down to the lobby a person I don't really know with the group came up and said" you look so beautiful ...did you have your makeup done by a professional?"...needless to say I will use it again...but for daytime I would go very light as it has heavy coverage which looks bad on older ladies.

RCMA foundation gives good coverage and is easy to blend. It gives a non cakey finish and feel.

I use The SHinto Line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm really bummed this one didn't work out: I had high hopes based on the reviews. The color selection is great; KO-1 matches my NW-20 skin well and looks much darker in the pot than it applies. I had no problems with the application: applied w/a damp sponge for lighter coverage (patting well to blend), dry sponge to conceal and set w/powder (powder seems to greatly enhance this one)the finish was natural/matte. But that's as good as it got. While the finish was natural in most light, it didn't provide very good concealment of redness and uneven pigmentation. Worse, within one day a pimple began to emerge on my, usually clear, cheek. By day two, another. And, by day three, I had dry, flakiness on my chin (which is never a problem). Perhaps this is a rare reaction. I'm usually not terribly sensitive to topical products. Nonetheless..."next!"

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hoped Porcelain would highlight cheekbones, forehead, lipbow, etc. With a pale shade just this side of ghostlike, RCMA can end any VPPP/goth's search for foundation color-match. This is where the concessions end though--texture woes will continue, believe me, even with the recommended pre-moistened sheer application. Heightens roughness, like a creamier, spreadable MAC full coverage foundation. Looks unnatural/grainy on dry skin, particularly cheeks, and glowy/oily otherwise (then, hand-pressed LM powder leaves texture behind). RCMA is best with a sheer, dewy foundation to minimize/blend texture probs. Coverage is otherwise full, good for photos, stage, and interacting with people 5 feet away. Pluses: no SPF and no irritation. (me: dry rosacea-prone German-Irish skin, 30's)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I demured quite a while about writing a review for this product . . . I rated this a 3 b/c I find it to be an average/good product rather than the stellar one I would have expected based on the reviews here.
Application with a sponge is a cinch and yields nearly complete - but not flawless - coverage. I also find that it requires a heavy application of powder to set and that even then it does not hold up on hot days. The feel on the skin is also quite heavy. Color selection is exceptional and packaging no non-sense. Price is very reasonable for the large amount of product.

I am still experimenting with this product in the hopes that it has untapped potential. I'll post an update if I find improved ways of using it - unless I do I will not re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I was able to purchase a palette of RCMA foundations for a recent trip with my band where I did the makeup and I am impressed! For 40 bucks I was able to find perfect matches for me and two band members for the stage. And YES, this stuff looks good on. Really good. REALLY good. I was able to snag the attention of two men and about five women for how good I looked.

The cool thing about the palette was that I was able to mix and match - a separate color for undereyes and for contouring and highlighting came in HANDY! I was areg'lar Kevyn Aucoin with this palette! I'm enraptured! And just for those wondering just what was a good match for me, lean in close..... Shinto II.

I really wanted to love this foundation after reading all the great reviews but I have to say I hated this stuff. It looked very unnatural, felt heavy and greasy and slightly itchy. After four hours I actually had to go home for lunch to wash it off! I tried a few different shades from the sample kit and different techniques to apply it including lightly with fingers, then a sponge and also powdering after to set it and it still just turned oily within a few hours and made my pores more visible and seem larger. The only benefits I could see is it covers well, is easy to remove and didn't break me out. But it looked horrible and obvious on so would definitely not repurchase!

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now... and i think it might be love. I have been using this with mixed with a drop of the foundation thinner, to make it a liquid, and blending with my fingers. Powder is a must with this for my skin. Used alone, i found it made me look a bit flakey even when i wasn't. This foundation is gorgeous, it covers everything that you might need to cover and makes you look flawless all day!! I even found a colour match for my very pale skin- KO-G (for reference, even MAC and prescriptives don't go light enought for me). I'm not sure whether this shade is availiable everywhere though, I've only seen it at ACMUSE. Lovely, lovely stuff.
Edited to 4 lippies, as tended to 'melt' on my face despite the primer and powder, and is just too much work for everyday.

Video Reviews & Tutorials