October 23, 2014 | 830 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in #340 Entwined. The formula is nice. Fairly creamy and smooth, easy to apply. The lipstick is HIGHLY pigmented so there is no room for error at all. And it acts like a stain. As many others have commented, it stains your lips pretty badly. It fades in the middle of the lips but leaves a harsh dark ring around the outisde. So for that reason I would buy this again only in lighter, more neutral shades. But a fresh application looks great, just doesn't look so great after a few hours. I had to constantly touch up the spot in the middle of the bottom lip. It is very difficult to remove from your lips. Overall, I'd say this is above average but nothing spectacular.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have so far bought three shades of this product: Tempt, Eternal and Heavenly. The first two are a little dark for my taste and not for everyday wear, for me. But I really liked the way it felt on my lips; very smooth like the NatureLuxe color gloss balm which I LOVE...so I bought the Heavenly which was recommended on the website as a color that is supposed to work for my hair/eye/skincolor...it looks nude brown/mauvey pink but goes on I can see the orangey pink on the outside of my lips (the bleeding). But the color was subtle enough this time around. After a few hours of wear my lips started tingling and burning a bit, like I had put on mentholated chapstick. They also started feeling really dry. The lipstick had long worn off. :( Sadly this will be my last purchase, not because I don't like it but I believe I'm simply allergic to this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by elph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got two Lip Perfection lipsticks, one in Kiss and one in Hot, from the Nudes/Corals/Reds section on the recommendation of the CoverGirl website. The lipsticks glide on moist and stay moist as long as I'm wearing them. They do come off rather easily when I eat or drink, but the tubes are well designed and easy to tuck in my purse. The cap never comes off unless I want it to come off. I adore the Kiss. It's a peachy nude hue with a touch of sparkle to it. It goes with nearly any outfit I put together. I've been getting a lot of wear out of that one. I'm personally less fond of the Hot, but other people have complimented me on it. It's a brown-based red, very strong against my fair skin, so I need to be mentally prepared to work bold lips when I put that on. All in all I recommend the Lip Perfection line without reservations. The recommendations on the website are pretty solid too.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by hanzgrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am still looking for the lipsticks that would look good on me.Went online on covergirl.com to know which lipsticks would look good on my medium/tan skin with warm undertone.It suggested a lot of colors, so I went to Walmart but got Temptation ,impassion and delight.Right off the tube temptation and impassion had that orangey,goldish color which looks customey on me.I have to apply it lightly or have to mix it with other colors for it to work.Delight had that lovely pink color on the tube but looks sheer on my lips even after several applications,I have to put on a nude lip liner then Delight after that ,it gives me a pinky nude color that I actually like,makes my lips look thicker.Very moisturizing though.I don't know if I just did not get the right colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh, how I wanted to love this. I don't recall the color I got....it was a tad too bright pink for my taste but I was planning to exchange it for another color because the formula is a total dream....silky, smooth, with a delicate sheen, crisp edges, feels gorgeous, looks smooth and wonderful, bold pigment, etc.....but as much as I tried, I could not get past the taste. It was horrendous. Some lipstick fragrances don't bother me, but this one I could not ignore. Such a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by starbound25

I absolutely LOVE these lipsticks. They are my HG of lipsticks. I have about 12 of them and if there were more shades that suited me I would buy them too. I did a video review as well:

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by KateXOXOXO

I recently bought CG Lip Perfection in shade 395 Darling from my local Shoppers Drugmart for about $9 CDN. Darling is a frosty, cool soft pink in the tube, but goes on a bright bubblegum pink with a little bit of shimmer I've only noticed outside in natural light. It's hard to say if it's a warm or cool pink while it's on. I was hoping from the colour on the bottom of the tube, that it would be a bit more mauve but hey, it's mine now.

It last up to four hours without a lip primer or pencil, but a lot less when you eat or drink. It smells funny, but it fades after a while. It tastes a little chemically too.

I have only been wearing it for 4 days so far so I can't tell you if the "silk therapy" thing really works, but so far my lips haven't felt any more moisturized. It goes on smoothly but I wouldn't say it feels like silk. I haven't noticed any staining, like so many of these reviews led me to believe there would be.

Overall I rate it a three, all the cons even out the pros.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by verner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had four of these. Darling, Heavenly, Romance and Coquette. Romance I threw away. Made my lips looked GRAY. Really. I have very pigmented lips and the other colors turned really weird on me. Darling turned a frosty pink and made my lips looked wrinkled. And all of them have this awful smell and tasted like plastic. Heavenly turned bright orange and Coquette, "Frost city" plum. Cannot find a color I liked and I wished there is a indication on these whether these are creams, shimmer or frost. Won't be buying these again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I have 9 of these (sultry, darling, heavenly, spellbound, divine, flame, fairytale, temptress & siren). Oddly, ALL of these colors turn very pink on me. Regardless of what the color is supposed to be, i.e. divine is very purple in the tube, it turns out to be a hot pink/fucshia color on me. They remind me of those mood lipsticks that always turn a certain color based on your body's chemistry.

Also, these are more like a lip stain than a lipstick. If you're wearing a particular color, be ready to commit to that color all day, because they stain your lips like crazy.

I also find that if you apply this throughout the day, your lips will be chaffed and chapped because the formula is very drying.

I found that the best way to use these is to apply with a lip brush in very thin layers. Because of the staining power, you don't need much product. It also gives a matte finish (which I love) that you can control by adding more lipstick or a gloss on top of.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Rorien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The number one problem I have with lipsticks is the lack of moisture it gives to my lips. Because of this, I usually stick to lip glosses. I noticed CoverGirl has a new line of lipsticks and was immediately attracted to the cute & sleek packaging. To my surprise, this drugstore lipstick exceeded my expectations. Not only is CoverGirl LipPerfection incredibly moisturizing, they offer a variety of gorgeous colors too!

Application for this lipstick goes on very smooth and creamy. Like I said before, maintaining moisture is the number one feature I look for in a lipstick, and that's what LipPerfection does! I have the colors "Temptress" and "Fairytale", which are pink/rosey colors (perfect for Spring/Summer!). I've received many compliments from people when I wear them, and they're ALL surprised to find out that it's a drugstore lipstick. :)