April 23, 2014 | 900 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Reylena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Hair- Waist length highlighted blonde --TONS of spit ends frizzy, no shine.

I love this product!
I've been reading up on this product for over a week and i bit the bullet as i am now out of my Sebastian liquid gloss. which was $20 for 1.5 oz.

I will only use this as a before or after blow dry finisher, never as a wash out.

However it smells great and give tons of shine, it is very light to the touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I'm really surprised by some of the negative reviews! It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. It's a great light serum, but packs a punch! It really moisturizes my hair, and it feels like nothing is in it! It gives my hair great shine, really smooths my hair, and has one of the best scents! I love Kerastase, and this is no exception.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahscantron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never even knew this product existed until i received it in my monthly birchbox as a sample. They usually send me crap, but I could not be more pleased with this product. I struggle to find hair care products to make my hair look normal, as it is fine, dry, damaged, and straw like. This product gives me beautiful movement, and dare I say salon like results.

I have tried several serums in the past, but have never seen results like this. I've used Redken, Paul Mitchell, Morroccan Oil, nothing comes close to this product. All of those products will give me OK results at first, and stop working after a while. Elixir Ultme is consistent, which is one of the things I love about it.

Usually, when I wash and dry my hair, it'll decent, but not great. I have to wash and dry my hair every day because of how crappy it looks the next day after styling. This product lets me go a day or two without washing, and even makes my hair looks great the second day. I have never found a product to do that.

This is definitly my HG hair product. I am more than willing to fork over the $60 it will cost to buy the full size.

Edit: After using it for a while it stopped being consistent. My hair's back to the fried mess. What's a girl to do?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by DEWW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hair: Wavy, long, color treated, fine texture, thick ... I wanted this for air drying and it is nice buy not wow, I still have frizz; for blowdrying it's better. I like Moroccan oil or Redken heat glide better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by lovebuzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT I HAVE: very dry damaged fine highlighted hair

I could never justify spending 58$ for this product, but I got it in a kit with Kerastase shampoo hair masque for 80 so thats why I did it.

PROS: smell = orgasmic. made my hair feel SILKY. smoothed fly aways. made my hair appear a little shinier. can use when hair is damp or dry,.. if used when damp helps untangle dramatically. if you have blonde hair this product is better then morocccan oil because its CLEAR and will not tone your blonde. will last you FOREVER, only need a drop. ALSO, never weighed my hair down or made it greasy like other oils have in the past...

CONS: smell doesnt last. WAY too expensive. my hair didnt end up feeling that beautiful silky feeling a few hours later and certainly not the next morning when I woke up... my hair still tangled easily. I havent noticed any long term repair like the product claims

I think ill try out a different hair oil when this runs out. The results were NOT worth 58 bucks and thats the bottom line.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by alanav09

AMAZING. makes my hair look like ive stepped out of a salon EVERYDAY, and dont even get me started on how it feels and smells.

it took me awhile to get over the price of kerastase products, but my hair and scalp are complete snobs and don't want anything else.

i have not used it as a deep conditioner yet - definitely excited to try that out.

as for how long it lasts - my stylist said one bottle lasts her up to a year and she has hair down to her waistline. - that being said, 1 OR 2 PUMPS AT A TIME PEOPLE. trust me, this is liquid gold - u dont wanna use too much at once.

if you dye your hair like i do (or do any chemical damage to it), save up and GET THIS. u won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by KelleA1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think that the DS L'Oreal EverCreme Leave-In spray in a dupe for this stuff !

$ 8.99 not $ 50.00 !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by vodka2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this serum almost every day for about 2 months. Until yesterday I would have said it was the best I'd ever used. When my hair was blow dried and straightened with this stuff, my hair felt AMAZING. It gave me a silkiness I'd never had from any other product.
Sometimes my hair would pouf back up a little when I stepped outside, but much less so than any other product I'd tried before. So that was one con with this serum. Another was that I never had good second day hair - it was always oily and rough/coarse looking. I found my hair looked best on the day it was washed. The price didn't bother me, like I said I used it almost every day for about 2 months, and I don't think even a quarter of it is gone - all I used was one pump on damp hair, and a tiny bit after it was dried to smooth out any dry ends.
I think it is great for dry damaged hair to get that silky shiny look. As I mentioned, my hair did pouf up a little from moisture in the air with this stuff, which is one of my major concerns, so I tried out a new product yesterday for that - Sabino Moisture Block. I'll see how that goes and whether it will replace the Elixir Ultime for me. If the MB doesn't end up working better for me then I will definitely go back to the Elixir, so I would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by blushmetweetme

This has completely changed my hair from a frizzy, unmanageable mess to sleek, shiny, glossy and healthy hair. I cannot live without this stuff. You need to work out how many pumps work for your hair though, because if you have fine hair I would say you only need half/one pump, but I have really thick hair so i use three pumps. I use this after I've washed my hair, by applying it though the ends of my hair wet, and leaving it to dry naturally, but I also use it as a finishing serum when my hair is dry, or when I have finished styling it. I know this product contains silicons...but hey, so does Moroccan Oil and all the other hair treatments like this on the market. It's very expensive, but a bottle lasts me a little under a year, so I'm not complaining due to the fantastic results this has given me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by SM83

Really surprised to see some negative comments on here about this product - but hey, I guess there's no one product out there for everyone! From my perspective - very fine, dark blonde hair with a natural kink with dry ends - this has been an absolute life saver. I can now wash, shampoo, pop a pump of this through, and go. It makes my hair shine and smell amazing, it's in the best condition it's ever been in and it feel incredible. Even my boyfriend (who like all boys is essentially blind when it comes to this stuff) noticed and commented after a couple of weeks of me using it! Literally cannot live without it.