December 20, 2014 | 1604 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Superb product! Smells good, adds a nice shine and tames my hair down. I always get compliments how shiny and healthy my hair looks and the credit goes definitely to this product. Be careful with elixir ultime though - only a tiny amount is needed. The first time I used it, I ended up with greasy hair cause I used to much of it.

A little sidenote: My hairdresser said that Redken has an oil which is basically the same like Elixir Ultime, but costs less. It even smells almost the same. I forgot the name though but if you're looking for something like this for less money, check Redken oils/treatments.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mikky2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Given Kerastase's great track record, I was pretty dissapointed with the EU. Every time I get my hair cut, my stylist uses it and I always feel like a greasy mess when I walk out. He swears by it and I assumed that maybe he was applying too much. I was always hesitant to buy it but during my last visit he was kind enough to give me the rest of his bottle. I used just a half pump on my damp hair and still, way too greasy for me. It does add shine and softness but my hair felt really weighed down. I have very fine hair, but lots of it. Maybe this is best for coarse or thick hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I also wonder whether I am using this properly, since it simply does not work on my color treated, fine and damaged hair at all. I agree that it has a wonderful smell and does not leave a greasy look behind, but it does not repair the hair or eliminates frizz. The overnight serum of Kerastase works far better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Galenabg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have aboslutely the same opinion as maneater.Maybe for healty hair this product will be the right choice, but for my dry and extremly damaged hair this product didn't do anything.I'am very disappointed. I recommend you Kerastase Force Architecte- it's a great produkt.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by fieza90

I think this is the best hair serum I have ever used at the moment. I am currently using macadamia natural oil because I have ran out of kerastase and I thought I want to try something new. But the macadamia natural oil does not make my hair feels soft unlike when I use Kerastase elixir ultime. I can't make a comparison between this hair serum and moroccanoil since I've never tried that one. So far I have used 2 bottles of this hair elixir! Overall I really love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So dissapointed with this product. Was expecting an amazing product, based on the price, media hype and fact that i usually love their products. This stuff smells great, but that's about it.

It made my hair feel nice for about an hour. I don't use it as a styling product anymore, but since the bottle is so big, I mixed it into one of my favourite deep conditioners.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by pjoopi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best hair product i have ever owned for my hair. Its all i need for styling. I have had my bottle for 2 months and the bottle still has 90% of it's contents. It does not weigh my hair down and it wont leave a greasy residue.

I have tried them all, Maroccan oil, Orofluido.. you name it but none of them came close to this product. I love the bottle. Its plastic and not glass... I tend to drop my bottles and smash them and I hate heavy glass bottles. This one is perfect.

I will never buy another oil than this!! Its AMAZING!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by chapstickaddict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. Got this in my Birchbox. I have used Moroccan Oil for a long time and was happy to try an alternative. This stuff is SUPER expensive and no better than the Moroccan Oil, just more expensive. Any of these products with silicone stop working wel for me after a week or so, and I need to use a clarifying shampoo to strip the residue to make them work again which also strips my haircolor :(

(I have straight, thick, dark, long hair, and it tends to feel dry from coloring and the texture is starting to change to more stubborn and almost kinky as it goes gray, so an argan oil product really helps me.)

I am going to look for some pure, organic argan oil. I have also heard that macadamia nut oil is good... but definitely will not purchase the Kerastase. Way too spendy for such little payoff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Nai89

Since using this I have had so many comments on how lovely and shiny my hair is!! Totally worth the money- a little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product! I use one or two pump of it everytime I wash my hair. It has a wonderful scent and it leaves my hair soft and shiny. The only down side is that it is really expensive! Here in Italy is around 35 !