July 30, 2014 | 1953 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by pjoopi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the best hair product i have ever owned for my hair. Its all i need for styling. I have had my bottle for 2 months and the bottle still has 90% of it's contents. It does not weigh my hair down and it wont leave a greasy residue.

I have tried them all, Maroccan oil, Orofluido.. you name it but none of them came close to this product. I love the bottle. Its plastic and not glass... I tend to drop my bottles and smash them and I hate heavy glass bottles. This one is perfect.

I will never buy another oil than this!! Its AMAZING!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by chapstickaddict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. Got this in my Birchbox. I have used Moroccan Oil for a long time and was happy to try an alternative. This stuff is SUPER expensive and no better than the Moroccan Oil, just more expensive. Any of these products with silicone stop working wel for me after a week or so, and I need to use a clarifying shampoo to strip the residue to make them work again which also strips my haircolor :(

(I have straight, thick, dark, long hair, and it tends to feel dry from coloring and the texture is starting to change to more stubborn and almost kinky as it goes gray, so an argan oil product really helps me.)

I am going to look for some pure, organic argan oil. I have also heard that macadamia nut oil is good... but definitely will not purchase the Kerastase. Way too spendy for such little payoff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Nai89

Since using this I have had so many comments on how lovely and shiny my hair is!! Totally worth the money- a little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product! I use one or two pump of it everytime I wash my hair. It has a wonderful scent and it leaves my hair soft and shiny. The only down side is that it is really expensive! Here in Italy is around 35 !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am SOOOO in love with this product. It doesn't leave your hair greasy, it has a wonderful scent and it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Reylena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Hair- Waist length highlighted blonde --TONS of spit ends frizzy, no shine.

I love this product!
I've been reading up on this product for over a week and i bit the bullet as i am now out of my Sebastian liquid gloss. which was $20 for 1.5 oz.

I will only use this as a before or after blow dry finisher, never as a wash out.

However it smells great and give tons of shine, it is very light to the touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I'm really surprised by some of the negative reviews! It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. It's a great light serum, but packs a punch! It really moisturizes my hair, and it feels like nothing is in it! It gives my hair great shine, really smooths my hair, and has one of the best scents! I love Kerastase, and this is no exception.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahscantron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never even knew this product existed until i received it in my monthly birchbox as a sample. They usually send me crap, but I could not be more pleased with this product. I struggle to find hair care products to make my hair look normal, as it is fine, dry, damaged, and straw like. This product gives me beautiful movement, and dare I say salon like results.

I have tried several serums in the past, but have never seen results like this. I've used Redken, Paul Mitchell, Morroccan Oil, nothing comes close to this product. All of those products will give me OK results at first, and stop working after a while. Elixir Ultme is consistent, which is one of the things I love about it.

Usually, when I wash and dry my hair, it'll decent, but not great. I have to wash and dry my hair every day because of how crappy it looks the next day after styling. This product lets me go a day or two without washing, and even makes my hair looks great the second day. I have never found a product to do that.

This is definitly my HG hair product. I am more than willing to fork over the $60 it will cost to buy the full size.

Edit: After using it for a while it stopped being consistent. My hair's back to the fried mess. What's a girl to do?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by DEWW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hair: Wavy, long, color treated, fine texture, thick ... I wanted this for air drying and it is nice buy not wow, I still have frizz; for blowdrying it's better. I like Moroccan oil or Redken heat glide better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by lovebuzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT I HAVE: very dry damaged fine highlighted hair

I could never justify spending 58$ for this product, but I got it in a kit with Kerastase shampoo hair masque for 80 so thats why I did it.

PROS: smell = orgasmic. made my hair feel SILKY. smoothed fly aways. made my hair appear a little shinier. can use when hair is damp or dry,.. if used when damp helps untangle dramatically. if you have blonde hair this product is better then morocccan oil because its CLEAR and will not tone your blonde. will last you FOREVER, only need a drop. ALSO, never weighed my hair down or made it greasy like other oils have in the past...

CONS: smell doesnt last. WAY too expensive. my hair didnt end up feeling that beautiful silky feeling a few hours later and certainly not the next morning when I woke up... my hair still tangled easily. I havent noticed any long term repair like the product claims

I think ill try out a different hair oil when this runs out. The results were NOT worth 58 bucks and thats the bottom line.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No