April 19, 2014 | 1913 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sashaacosta23

I had a friend that looked amazing so when she told me she was using fit me by maybelline I immediately went to go buy it...it wasn't bad but not great either I do have oily skin so as the day went by it got very oily even when combined with powder. Let me say she has dry skin with just mild discoloration so it worked prefectly for her. I on the other hand have few blemishes and oily skin. I didn't like the coverage I had to use concealer. I don't recommend if you have blemishes, acne, or oily skin if you're trying to get good coverage. But if you only have discolorations and not very oily skin I say give it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Gerdule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I liked this product. Gives very smooth, natural look and great finish. Coverage is minimal (in my opinion) so I use this foundation on daily basis but only if my face is in good condition (no pimples, redness etc.) because it doesn't really cover anything. If my skin isn't in very good condition I have to use other foundation with better coverage. So if you have a problematic skin I wouldn't recommend this product. I always finish it with powder (at the beginning it looks very nice and mat even without the powder but after some time begins to shine to powder is needed). Looks good for like first 5 hours but later needs refreshment. texture is very liquidish, I don't think its very suitable for application with fingers, you need sponge or brush (I personally use brush) also after application check your face in good light to make sure you distributed product evenly and don't have any marks from brush/sponge. The package is ok but I don't like the plastic cap because it makes package look a little bit cheap and breaks very easily. Overall I liked this product, it worked for me. if you have a non - problematic skin and want a natural and light look then this foundation is a good option.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

I had been searching high & low for a foundation that would fit my East Asian skin. The shade "Natural Beige" in 220 fit my yellow undertones pretty darn well. (For the record, I would say I have combo skin.) It seems the 200 series of these shade have a slight YELLOW undertone; the 100's generally have a PINK undertone; the 300's would probably best suit olive undertones, but I'm not certain. I have been using the Fit Me liquid foundation for the past two years now, and have recently begun using the Fit Me concealer (also in 220). Here is my commentary:

Pros:
Pretty decent color selection for drugstore foundations
Handles yellow undertones well (Can't really comment about other tones, sorry :\ )
Blends nicely (I have used a tapered round brush, a flat brush, a "special" foundation sponge, and a cheap cosmetic foam wedge with this. I have never had issues with blending. It does dry a little fast though, so work quickly.)

Cons:
Does not hold up very well on it's own.
Starts with a nice powdery, matte finish and becomes oily. (I found the product broke down on my skin after ~4-5 hours (without a primer). I can more wear out of it if I finish with a powder. I have not yet used a face primer, but if I do, I'll report back with results!)

For the last few weeks, I have been trying L'Oreal's True Match Liquid (W4) and Rimmel's Lasting Finish (102), and have found that these hold up better than the Fit Me Liquid, but my yellow undertones are not matched as well. Currently (it is winter) so I am even fairer than usual, so the 220 foundation and concealer are a bit too dark, but if I blend them with either the L'Oreal or Rimmel ones, I can get the right undertone I need.

In short, this might not be for everyone, but I'm willing to stick by it (and experiment with powder and primer) since I have a hard time finding foundation that gracefully handles my yellow undertones.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by emmarado

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you have oily skin I would not recommend this product. It already has a dewy finish, so on my oily skin it looks super shiny. Even when I touch up with setting powder, I still look very greasy.
I don't like the packaging either. It's very liquidy, so without a pump a lot of the foundation spills all over and gets wasted.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bubbleberry5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the foundation. It does not become patchy as the day goes on. I do get a tad shiny but nothing out of the ordinary for me. I always wear this with MAC Prep & Prime foundation primer. The glides on pretty smooth. The coverage is a builable medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by RebDesnoyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives out a really natural, dewy finish that I really enjoy for everyday use. The formula is a little hard to blend on my skin. I picked up the shade 110 Porcelain, witch is still a little to dark for my really, really light skin tone. I wish Maybelline would come out with lighter shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1599

So my friend bought this and it was too dark for her so she gave it to me. It's the only foundation I have so I obviously use it. A small amount goes a long way and I find it looks really good when you blend it in with your fingers mad then run a makeup sponge over your entire face. I have dry to combination skin and find that it looks fine. My friend who gave it to me has very oily skin and it looked kind of shiny on her. Also, I wear the lightest shade and I'm not super pale. So if you are very very fair the color selections aren't great.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by maddi0203

I don't really like this foundation at all. It's extremely runny and is quite hard to blend into the skin. It made me look extremely blotchy within an hour after applying, even set with powder. It also made me break out heaps! Won't be repurchasing anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by indigoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Several months ago, I was looking for a good liquid foundation and I saw this one (Maybelline Fit Me) and purchased it. I really liked the natural, dewy finish. However, I picked it up in a shade a little too tan for my skin, even if I had gotten naturally sun-tanned (but usually I burn more than tan, because I'm European and very light-skinned!). Due to the wrong shade, it sat in my makeup drawer, barely touched. A couple weeks ago, I was at Wal-Mart and I was looking in the cosmetics aisle. I saw the Fit Me foundation and picked up a better shade that, in fact, does FIT ME :) I got it for about 6 US dollars, which, to me, is a great price (since I barely wear foundation anyway)! The packaging is very simple and looks good, but the only issue I have is that, where I live, it doesn't have a pump. Because the foundation is pretty runny, it can be a mess if you're not careful and product goes to waste. As I've said earlier, I really do like the natural, dewy finish it gives to my skin. I'm not very interested in matte foundations, simply because it's just not a look I'd go for. But if you're not looking for a dewy look, or if your skin is really oily, then I wouldn't recommend this to you. I find that this blends into your skin very nicely with a foundation brush, but sometimes I just use my fingers (fingers are free!). I wouldn't say it lasts very long on it's own, but I have yet to try it with a primer underneath. Overall, I'm really diggin' this foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Baxter007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is light, blends amazingly to the skin, and covers what needs to be covered. I don't have severe acne, maybe one or two blemishes here and there but I do have minor hyper pigmentation in some areas. This helps with it. I apply it with a wet sponge and set it with powder. After this I spray my elf setting spray (3 bucks amazzzingg) and I'm great ready to go! It stays and I've gotten tons of compliments and comments saying it looks like I'm not wearing anything... I would definitely recommend. Oh and I have dry skin .