October 31, 2014 | 1538 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by avel

I think this product great for its price point. It's very moisturizing and doesn't clog your pores. I use this at night and when I wake up in the morning, my skin feels soft and refreshing. I used the Josie Maran argan oil before this and I can't really tell the difference. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jpando

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted this to work for me (dry skin, acne-prone), and it was great for a few days...then made me break out.

Update 11/1/13: So I raised the stars on this product after trying it again. I like it for oil cleansing but can't apply it afterwards as a moisturizer. Still looking for an HG oil, but this is not bad and breaks me out less than mineral oil did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Been using this every night for about a month now and I say this is the best moisturizer I used. Im suffering from PCOS and I get cystic pimples every now and then. Though Im already taking up supplements to help correct my hormonal imbalance issue, yet pimples show up every now and then. Im still using the products that my dermatologist recommended but I use this in conjunction. The oil mimics the skin's natural moisture so it tends to not to produce too much oil, the result is balanced skin. This also helps de-clog the pores. Im glad that I came across this product and will definitely re-purchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Nikz90

Hey there its my first review at this site!:) So here i go
First of all i must say this oil is so so so much AMAZING i cant even describe it in words i love this product i will continue to use it for as long as i live!:)

Seriously im in love with this product! It has made my hair so amazingly soft and my hair fall has finally gotten in control that my hair cant live without them! My hair are thin and straight but they were so dry i cant go anywhere without straightening and my hair damage increased after straigtening i used alot of oils almond, olives, coconut everthing u name it bt my hair fall didnt stop i then used vit tablets to stop hair fall bt again no affect finally i found this prouduct online and i ordered it since its nt avaliable in my country and after using it once i can feel the difference in my hair and got compliments from my friends that my hairs have gotten more volume n everyone in my household started using this n my bottle finished in no time!:/ then i have to wait for it a long time for order to arrive n this time i ordered more than one bottle so that it can last for a year at least the only problem is that i cant find this in my country n it costs me alot to order this with the shipment n all and it only comes in small bottle which i dont like since it finishes quickly

It is an amazing superb product my HG oil nt only for hair bt can be used for whole body!:) esp for dry skin it can do wonders for dry skin my sister used it once and she is amazed by its result!:) if u buy this product u will definetly buy this thing again and again just like me!:D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by AGDMR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont know verite cleansing lotion,pure rose water or jojoba or all make my skin perfect.but guess jojoba.on nose be careful because gives black pots

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I use a splash of this in my homemade oil cleanser. I started to use it on its own as a facial moisturizer but it was a bit too greasy for me...not my face, but it would seep into my hair and cause my hairline to turn greasy real fast. I love it as a body moisturizer, but it's too costly to use it regularly in that manner.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

Welcome to zit city! I use a few drops as a moisturizer because I read of its non pore clogging skin softening reviews all over the place. I was so happy the first few days. My skin was so dewey and moiste! Then the nightmare came. Zit city all over my face even on my eye balls !!!! you read it right ! in the corner of my eyes and it clogged my eye lash roots as well. I decided to stop to see if something else could be the culprit. My skin cleared ! I started using jojoba oil again, and I was welcome back to ZIT CITY again. I stopped using jojoba completely on my face. I only use the left over as a hand lotion. I find safflower oil works just as well to moisten my skin without clogging pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

I am on my second bottle. I have extremely sensitive and dry eyes, and this doesn't irritate my eyes much when I use it as a eye make-up remover. Excellent all-in-one makeup remover, great for short trips. However, the packaging isn't the best, so if you bring the whole bottle for short trips, it might spill. What I do is, I use a smaller, more secure bottle. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by khloe101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as an extra hydration boost added to my moisturizer (CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion). I just add three drops to every pump of my lotion. It helps with flakiness and actually balances my oily skin. Jojoba oil is much like the oils found in human skin. When you get dry, your glands go nuts trying to produce more and more sebum. By using jojoba oil, it's basically tricking your skin into thinking you don't need to produce so much sebum, which makes your face waaay less oily. Give it a try if you suffer with dry or oily skin. I suffer with both and jojoba, along with CeraVe lotion helped alot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Jojoba Oil is a staple in my natural products cabinet. When I am choosing an oil-cleansing method, I find Jojoba oil best if I need to clean off my make-up.
I have always rated cleansers on these pros and cons:
Does it take off my makeup? If it doesn't, I don't think it's worth my time. I'm not interested in second steps or double-washing.
Does it make my face feel squeaky clean? I'm not talking dry, just clean.
Does it over-dry my face or leave it feeling soft and dewy?
Does my face feel stripped of its' oils after I've rinsed?
Jojoba Oil for me is the HG of makeup removal. A few swipes with a cotton pad and my mascara is off. Even stubborn mascara and liner that may remain on my bottom waterline can be easily removed by rolling a cotton swab along the length of it once. The less pull on the bottom of my eyes the better.
I use a cosmetic sponge with warm water to remove the oil. My skin feels refreshed, and looks dewy. It feels clean, but Jojoba oil does make it feel it a little oilier than some of the other oils. I don't think this has to do with the amount I'm using, since I compare different oils and others I like better. I've also used a cotton pad to remove my makeup after massaging the oil into my skin, then I'll wash with one of my regular cleansers. I know that this oil can remove all traces of cosmetics ingredients like heavier foundations, primers, the added sunscreens that I put on, plus all the eye makeup. It never fails me.
As an eye makeup remover, it beats all the others and that's what I use it for consistently. The less stress and pull on the delicate eye area , the less chance for fine lines and wrinkles to show up later.
I've tried using it in my hair. I have bleached and color-processed hair. It's also very fine. I notice that it makes it limp, no matter the amount I use. For me, it just doesn't work as a hair restorative.
As a moisturizer on my body, it's also a greasier feel. A little goes a very long way. It certainly has its benefits. I will always keep a bottle around and will repurchase. If the only use I have for it are my eyes, that's ok with me. It's inexpensive, and the bottle will last forever.
When I make my body butter, I add a few drops, also, so it does go into that recipe. All in all, I'd say if you're into home recipes, it's a staple because you're going to use it in a variety of ways. You just have to figure out in what way your body is going to accept it the best.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No