December 21, 2014 | 1760 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I recently bought this gloss in Sienna Sparkle and I love it! It's very pigmented and is almost like a liquid lipstick rather than a gloss. It has a slight sparkle and it's creamy and has pretty good staying power for a gloss. I also like the classy packaging... it looks similar to a Chanel Glossimer. The color I chose is perfect for my coloring and is now my every day go-to gloss. I highly recommend trying this gloss.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Chiquilla01

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

purchased this in Strawberry. the color on the outside is fabulous.. its a hot pinkish color, with some sparkle.. looks unbelievably pigmented.. i was so happy with the purchase, until i put this on.. yet another disappointing product from Revlon.. hardly any pigmentation, and seems too slippery in texture.. i am a MAC lipglass girl, and with the recent economy, have not been purchasing any MAC products.. i was hoping this was going to be a cheap alternative. sadly, it doesn't even come close. waste of money, yet again.. going back for sure..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These glosses are great and IMHO, waay better than Super Lustrous. The pigmentation and staying power are superior. I don't detect any smell or taste at all. I bought Rosegold (beautiful peachy pink), Sunset Peach (sheer peach), and Gold Dust (perfect sheerish nude). All three shades are shimmery, but I don't mind that. I loved them so much I bought Strawberry later (very pigmented red/pink). Of the four I own, I would say that Sunset Peach is the least "wow". They last through morning coffee, no touch up required until close to lunch. Would def buy again. Price is about average for a d/s gloss and well worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

I've bought several of the glosses, and if you don't look real hard, they all look the same. The pigment is low, the sparkle high. They're disappointing. Try NYX, Neutrogena, or Clinique instead. These are a miss...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by butterflyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the shades crystal lilac and sunset peach. Unfortunately they don't look like much on my pigmented lips. I don't like the odd shaped applicator either. My last complaint is the scent. Usually scented makeup doesn't bother me but this smell is just odd. Im not sure how to describe it. I like the super lustrous glosses so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by wutwut

Just purchsed this gloss in Crystal Lilac. It's one of the new shades; a soft pink with purple undertones. First of all, the applicator is oddly shaped. I find it difficult to get the right amount of product out. Secondly, while beautiful in the tube, I find the color to be rather unremarkable. Not terribly pigmented. Not very long-lasting. It leaves a sheen, but hardly any color. I'm a big fan of Revlon products, but this is one I would definitely not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Selected shades: bellini (pale nude), crystal lilac (lavender), hot pink (shimmery fuchsia), peony (shimmery peach), sunset peach (shimmery peach)

Pros

- pigmented
- not sticky

Cons

- leaves glitter residue on lips
- shimmery shades feel gritty

Comments: I love the fact these are not sticky, but these are the type of glosses that work best when paired with a lipstick or liner. They can feel gritty on the, but less so if mixed with another lip product. I like these, but not by themselves. My favorite is Crystal Lilac...perfect gloss for all my light blue-based pinks!

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

I love the colour Jessica Alba had on the ad display. It says she was wearing Peony though but I found it hard to believe cause when i picked up Peony it looked light pink with gold glitter. Jessica Alba's lips appeared bright pink to me. Hot pink looked more like the colour Jessica Alba is wearing and so i bought it. I'm so happy to see that this gloss has colour (unlike most gloss which are just clear) and it looks exactly what Jessica Alba was wearing on the display (the displayed lied abt what colour she's wearing???) . The gloss is not sticky and I'll probably pick up a few more in other colours since I'm so pleased!

Smell wise at first I couldn't find the food to describe the scent but after reading a beauty blog they described it as vanilla (like vanilla extract) and that's exactly how it smells like! I don't really like vanilla extract smell so at first it bothered me but it fades away after a few mins.

Oh also hot pink reminds me of an old favorite lipgloss that has been discontinued. Jessica Simpson's dessert beauty lipgloss in slip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in love! I went to five different CVSs and Walgreens this week and finally found them at CVS. Retails for $7.40 for 0.20 oz of gorgeous gloss. I bought six colors--peony, strawberry, rosegold, and some other shades that have escaped my memory. They're nicely pigmented just like the lipsticks and offer a nice shine. The colors are so pretty too...I can't wait to try more=)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw these recently at my Walmart and was intrigued. The tubes are skinnier and taller than the Revlon SL lipglosses although they both contain 0.2 fl oz. I ended up buying Strawberry which is a gorgeous hot pink color with sparkles. I tried the gloss on when I got home and these glosses are definitely more pigmented than the SL lipglosses. I can see myself using this lipgloss by itself whereas for the SL lipglosses, I apply those over a lip stick for extra shine. The applicator is not a doefoot applicator, I'm not sure how to describe it, I did post a picture comparing the two. I have not worn Strawberry for a long time, so I can't say anything about the staying power, but so far I am really happy with my purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No