July 22, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst (All colors)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by butterflyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the shades crystal lilac and sunset peach. Unfortunately they don't look like much on my pigmented lips. I don't like the odd shaped applicator either. My last complaint is the scent. Usually scented makeup doesn't bother me but this smell is just odd. Im not sure how to describe it. I like the super lustrous glosses so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by wutwut

Just purchsed this gloss in Crystal Lilac. It's one of the new shades; a soft pink with purple undertones. First of all, the applicator is oddly shaped. I find it difficult to get the right amount of product out. Secondly, while beautiful in the tube, I find the color to be rather unremarkable. Not terribly pigmented. Not very long-lasting. It leaves a sheen, but hardly any color. I'm a big fan of Revlon products, but this is one I would definitely not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Selected shades: bellini (pale nude), crystal lilac (lavender), hot pink (shimmery fuchsia), peony (shimmery peach), sunset peach (shimmery peach)

Pros

- pigmented
- not sticky

Cons

- leaves glitter residue on lips
- shimmery shades feel gritty

Comments: I love the fact these are not sticky, but these are the type of glosses that work best when paired with a lipstick or liner. They can feel gritty on the, but less so if mixed with another lip product. I like these, but not by themselves. My favorite is Crystal Lilac...perfect gloss for all my light blue-based pinks!

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

I love the colour Jessica Alba had on the ad display. It says she was wearing Peony though but I found it hard to believe cause when i picked up Peony it looked light pink with gold glitter. Jessica Alba's lips appeared bright pink to me. Hot pink looked more like the colour Jessica Alba is wearing and so i bought it. I'm so happy to see that this gloss has colour (unlike most gloss which are just clear) and it looks exactly what Jessica Alba was wearing on the display (the displayed lied abt what colour she's wearing???) . The gloss is not sticky and I'll probably pick up a few more in other colours since I'm so pleased!

Smell wise at first I couldn't find the food to describe the scent but after reading a beauty blog they described it as vanilla (like vanilla extract) and that's exactly how it smells like! I don't really like vanilla extract smell so at first it bothered me but it fades away after a few mins.

Oh also hot pink reminds me of an old favorite lipgloss that has been discontinued. Jessica Simpson's dessert beauty lipgloss in slip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in love! I went to five different CVSs and Walgreens this week and finally found them at CVS. Retails for $7.40 for 0.20 oz of gorgeous gloss. I bought six colors--peony, strawberry, rosegold, and some other shades that have escaped my memory. They're nicely pigmented just like the lipsticks and offer a nice shine. The colors are so pretty too...I can't wait to try more=)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw these recently at my Walmart and was intrigued. The tubes are skinnier and taller than the Revlon SL lipglosses although they both contain 0.2 fl oz. I ended up buying Strawberry which is a gorgeous hot pink color with sparkles. I tried the gloss on when I got home and these glosses are definitely more pigmented than the SL lipglosses. I can see myself using this lipgloss by itself whereas for the SL lipglosses, I apply those over a lip stick for extra shine. The applicator is not a doefoot applicator, I'm not sure how to describe it, I did post a picture comparing the two. I have not worn Strawberry for a long time, so I can't say anything about the staying power, but so far I am really happy with my purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in Peony. Its a pink with shimmer. The tube is long and skinny and a little awkward to use since the applicator is so long. And the doe foot applicator has sort of an odd shape.
The product itself is nice. Low to no odor. No grainy feel. Smooth, not very sticky. The pigmentation is not what I thought it would be though given that it's called "colorburst." still, it's more pigmented than Revlon SuperLustrous lipgloss. Also it may just be the peony color, since it is one of their lighter colors. If there is a nude color in the collection, I'll definitely get it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found one of these new Colorburst glosses yesterday at my local Bed, Bath and Beyond. Since I'm such a fan of the Colorburst lipsticks, I was a bit obsessed to track one of these down after reading about their launch on my favorite cosmetics blog, Nouveau Cheap. After much deliberation, I selected the shade Rosegold (026), because the lipgloss is advertised as being "drenched with color" or something like that, so I didn't want one of the darker colors. This is a beautiful bronzy rose color with fine golden shimmer. Reminds me of my NYC lipgloss in Sungold Pink, except that the shade is one or two notches deeper and a bit more complex. It's a very flattering color on me, so that's good! So far though, I find the texture and wear of this gloss to be it's most exceptional feature. As a drugstore makeup hoarder, I would say that the texture of it is right in between the texture of a Revlon Super Lustrous gloss and a L'Oreal Colorjuice gloss. I tend to like a thicker, stickier gloss so this pleases me :) It wore very well for me earlier today, and wore off very evenly and pleasantly. I think it lasted about 3 hours. Packaging is nice, though I am one who always applies my cosmetics on the down-low, so a packaging's attractiveness is not that important to me. I do like that the tube clicks shut, so you know for certain that it is closed. I believe this cost about $6.00 at BB &B, including tax, but I bought a couple of other things and used one of their $5 off coupons, so in total I bought three items that I've been very pleased with for about $11. LOVE that!! Oh, and for you smell sensitive types, there is a fragrance of some sort in there....my nose doesn't easily detect fragrance, so it didn't bother me at all. I would describe it as some sort of foody smell. I'll be interested in seeing how others describe the fragrance!