April 18, 2014 | 2002 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has to be Revlon's worst. I do not see a reason it needs to feel cold when initially appying.... ridiculous. Terrible coverage, terrible brush, terribly cake'y feeling and looked 'fake' on my skin- Halle, you lied. LOL. I will not purchase again,
Tossed to the curb like a bad, bad boyfriend (and not in a good way bad- LOL)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by AmandaYvonne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Personally, I just dust this on over top of my Colorstay liquid foundation. I've always had trouble finding products that don't leave my skin looking oily by the end of the day or breaking me out, and this did neither. It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh all day long , I absolutely love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by sunidais1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this product! It took me a minute to get used to the wet feeling when applying, but now I like it. I use it as a powder to set my liquid makeup and as a touch up during the day. It gives me light to medium coverage. I shake the product onto an old mirror that I have (which I do with all of my mineral makeup so that you don't get too much on your brush) and apply with a small kabuki brush. When I first apply, it is a bit sparkly but that calms down after you wear the product for a few minutes. I DO NOT GET A GLITTERY LOOK. You can "build" with this foundation. I have put some on, waited a minute and then put on more and it give nice coverage this way. I haven't had a problem with it bein "cakey". Maybe that happens if you put on too much at one time. I also want to add that I have an oily T-zone and live where the humidy has been high recently. I've been happy with the performance of this makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by JesdicaSofia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

SAVE YOUR MONEY. This "foundation" is nothing exceptional. I tried it and it was just shiny. Besides the glitter that everyone complains about (doesnt bother me much) it just makes the skin look oily. I have good skin, its not oily and this would make me look oily in a second. I used it a few times because I was trying to make it work but to no avail, its sitting full on my vanity just in case of an emergency but I was really thinking about giving it to my 14 year old sister. Brush is kinda cool the bristles look like they are nice quality but the thing isnt very functional. Again, SAVE YOUR MONEY.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by terrortwigg

I've had terrible experiences with mineral foundation in the past, so I tend to avoid them. I read the iffy reviews and bought it knowing it had little coverage, which I was kind of going for. I was looking for something to wear in the summertime that would even out my skin a tad, and this does. I wear it over concealer, and I really like it. No, it does not give full, or even medium, coverage, and it is not very buildalbe. It does do a good job of just evening out my complexion, after i've concealed any spots, and it looks very natural. I really really dislike the wet feeling, not because of the sensation but because it makes it difficult to keep track of how much product is on your face and brush.. like when you apply it the first part of your face you touch feels soaking wet, then when you blend it the wetness fades and you feel like you put a huge glop onto one tiny part of your face and very little product everywhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by meme2005

I have been on the search for a finishing power to put on top of my merle norman tinted moisturizer; there was a coupon for this so I decided to give it a try. Im glad I did! It is a great finisher and mattefier. I put it on after my moisturizer in the morning and then again in the evening if Im going out after work. It really keeps the oilies at bay, and I have oily skin. The cooling/wet feeling does feel weird and I find it has an unusual smell, but the smell fades quickly. I have not noticed any kind of sparkling or glitter in the powder after I put it on, just a soft dewy look. I have been using it for about 2 weeks everyday and have not broken out yet! So its a keeper :) Will update later if things change!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this powder BEFORE they turned it into this weird, wet powder :P It used to be dry, which was great for my oily skin. It was easy to blend, even though it was pink undertoned. Very natural looking, and didn't make me breakout.

AFTER THE CHANGE
I didn't think the whole coconut water thing would change this so much! I got this in medium deep like I did before, a huge difference in color! I loved how easy this was to blend, but after the change it was impossible for me to blend! This had too much of a pink undertone! The medium deep was VERY pink, like I put blush all over my face :( Didn't give any coverage at all, this actually made everything look worse. It really made my pores look huge! I really would not recommend this to someone with oily skin, my face got so greasy when i wore this! It also has that annoying glittery look to it :P This made me really breakout too :P I liked the brush though, it's great for cream foundation. This was overpriced for the quality imo, but you do get a good amount of powder. I will not buy this again, a huge disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan. No coverage what-so-ever. I am not one that breaks out EVER so I have clear and really good skin and I'm still not a fan...if that doesn't tell you something, then I don't know...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On days when my skin is relatively clear, this is perfect. Otherwise, I need a heavier coverage such as Colorstay. But I still really like this product as a concealer because the lightest color is actually lighter than my own very pale skin. Though it's a powder, it blends very easily and truly does feel wet when you put it on. The shimmer helps to detract from dark spots as well so it's a good concealer for acne scars as well as for under eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by sandia1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Bare Escentuals and Smashbox Halo for 6 years, and recently (last Winter) switched to Colorescience mineral foundation because Bare Escentuals foundation had begun looking dull, rather than "glowy." (Not sparkly) My daughter-in-law uses this, and it looks fantastic on her 22 yr. old skin. We went to CVS to get more for her and there was a BOGO, and I decided to try it.

I have dry-ish skin and use Retin A, so sometimes I get a tad flaky. I'm 50 and do not have *wrinkles*, but this settled into the fine lines I DO have, and looked cakey over my light as a feather moisturizer and sunscreen. I did use B.E. primer, and the look was awful. Blotchy and uneven, but matte-I didn't see any sparkles. Huge disappointment.

It is not cheap either. I might review it once more after I exfoliate my flaky patches on my face and try it without a makeup primer since I saw a lot of "cones" (silicones-the primary ingredient in primers) in the ingredients. So far, however, I would not rec'd this for anybody who has any degree of crepiness under the eyes or fine lines. Instead of looking glowing, I looked dull, blotchy, older, and I washed this off before leaving the house. The cool feeling it gives is nice, but unfortunately the finished look leaves much to be desired.

Bottom line, this is not an exceptional product and it is hugely overpriced in my opinion, especially for a drug store foundation-and I don't mind spending "more" on a good foundation. I also don't like some of the ingredients-ones I can't pronounce! lol I will stick to a mineral makeup with more natural ingredients and without added silicones, which can cause some people to break out.