Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 7/31/2012 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was very disappointed with this product. I have used both the Prescriptives version and also the Almay one and had great results with both. I thought this would be good since Almay & Revlon are made by the same company but this was nowhere near as good as the Almay Wakeup one. This cakes and doesn't apply smoothly. Also has about NO coverage, at all, even applied over a liquid/cream foundation. To make things even worse, instead of making my pores and fine lines look less noticeable, this just made them stand out more...which has not been my experience with the Almay version. I gave it 2 lippies due to having a decent shade selection and because I like the foundation style brush. But I don't recommend and I won't buy it again.

on 7/26/2012 7:54:00 PM

I thought that this didn't live up to what it was supposed to do. The coverage was not colorstay and I thought that the pigmentation was bad. Considering all the carcinogenic ingredients in this product, I thought that this wasn't worth it at all. I mean maybe for $5. But I was kinda in a rush and HAD to pick something up so I got this.

on 7/26/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes when a product becomes a joke, that's when you wonder if a company truly takes seriously what they do. This Aqua BS of a foundation should never EVER have existed. This is a bonafide shimmer powder with a fancy name. Yes it feels "cool", but seriously, if that's all that you do (this coolness goes away in seconds, makes your face cakey) how can you justify 14$ mark-up? If you want to feel cool with your foundation, try this old school trick I used in highschool during the 90s. Get good oldfashioned Noxema (5$) Apply it to your face, rinse your face and proceed with your foundation routine. You will feel the coolness, it makes your face feel good and you still have 10$ to decide which nail polishes you want to purchase. Avoid this Aqua BS.

on 6/27/2012 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A couple of years ago, i gave mineral foundation a try. I did not like Bareminerals. I found this on sale at Winners (Canadian store) for $10 and it even came with a blush. I was originally using this on top on my regular foundation, but have recently tried it on it's own. It gives a nice sheer coverage. I love that it goes on wet. It reminds me of the discontinued Prescriptives powder I used to love. My problem with the Bareminerals was it showed my dry skin/flakes, but it doesn't seem to be the case with this Revlon product.

on 6/22/2012 4:02:00 AM

First, I have normal to oil (combination) skin type. I'm using this product to do shading (no.080), then I feel really satisfied with the result.

The pigmentation is just right and it blends really well into ur skin. Currently, I'm using it for everyday wear too, I'm using no. 050, which is lighter and natural.

I think that people who didn't get the best result with this thing, is because (maybe) they don't find their holy grail skin care products yet, so their skin condition are not at the top of its ability, so this product can't do well with it.

I'm using it after moist and SPF or at the top of the foundation. Trust me, it works really well. And you know that the price is good for a good quality make up product. If u expect more, u should try another product with a higher price. But for me, for the price, it's really reasonable to have it. Love this.^^ will purchase again.

on 6/7/2012 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I haven't used this product much, and I will update it if I begin to use it more. I was absolutely amazed when I dipped my brush in it and applied it to my face. It felt like my brush was WET! yes, the name is true to the product. Unfortunately I've realized that is does get rather cakey, and that's a big no no to me. Nobody wants to have cakey makeup. Of course, I apply this over my liquid foundation as a setter, so maybe that contributes to it being cakey. I won't waste my money on this again, but maybe it will be better for someone else. I prefer pressed powders, unless it's Maybelline dream powder..

on 6/5/2012 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This product has to be Revlon's worst. I do not see a reason it needs to feel cold when initially appying.... ridiculous. Terrible coverage, terrible brush, terribly cake'y feeling and looked 'fake' on my skin- Halle, you lied. LOL. I will not purchase again,
Tossed to the curb like a bad, bad boyfriend (and not in a good way bad- LOL)

on 6/3/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Personally, I just dust this on over top of my Colorstay liquid foundation. I've always had trouble finding products that don't leave my skin looking oily by the end of the day or breaking me out, and this did neither. It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh all day long , I absolutely love it!

on 5/30/2012 12:14:00 PM

LOVE this product! It took me a minute to get used to the wet feeling when applying, but now I like it. I use it as a powder to set my liquid makeup and as a touch up during the day. It gives me light to medium coverage. I shake the product onto an old mirror that I have (which I do with all of my mineral makeup so that you don't get too much on your brush) and apply with a small kabuki brush. When I first apply, it is a bit sparkly but that calms down after you wear the product for a few minutes. I DO NOT GET A GLITTERY LOOK. You can "build" with this foundation. I have put some on, waited a minute and then put on more and it give nice coverage this way. I haven't had a problem with it bein "cakey". Maybe that happens if you put on too much at one time. I also want to add that I have an oily T-zone and live where the humidy has been high recently. I've been happy with the performance of this makeup.

on 5/29/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

SAVE YOUR MONEY. This "foundation" is nothing exceptional. I tried it and it was just shiny. Besides the glitter that everyone complains about (doesnt bother me much) it just makes the skin look oily. I have good skin, its not oily and this would make me look oily in a second. I used it a few times because I was trying to make it work but to no avail, its sitting full on my vanity just in case of an emergency but I was really thinking about giving it to my 14 year old sister. Brush is kinda cool the bristles look like they are nice quality but the thing isnt very functional. Again, SAVE YOUR MONEY.