July 24, 2014 | 1166 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by annmarienll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My go to foundation! Great coverage, it is definitely buildable so can have full to medium coverage. I've used MAC, Estee lauder, benefit, etc and this beats them all. Great go to makeup for anyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by MonicaFlys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay i have a love hate with this foundation. There are 2 types of this particular foundation. the one for normal/dry skin and the combination/oily skin, i cant seem to find my shade i love the combination/oily skin formula its thick but blendable, my only complaint is the staying power i dont see it at all. it leaves my face within 4 hours so i dont know what type of powder everyone is using it with but it doesnt stay. so its a no go for me, i still love it tho just have to reapply it which is lame.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Thatgayb_tchthatsmells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all I first tried this with the old packaging (without the pump) which is poorly designed. Other than that, this foundation has MEGA staying power (sometimes i still have residue after I wash my face...ew lol). It stays put all day and gives flawless, dewy-yet-full coverage. I will absolutely repurchase online where I can get it for $20NZD (about $18 dollars cheaper than in stores). Great foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love that they make a shade light enough for me in this line, and for the first couple of hours that I wear it, I love it, but after that I start getting major oil breakthroughs, even though I use a fantastic setting powder. I wouldn't consider my skin to be severely oily, either; I think that this product is best for people with dry/normal skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by shbea

stays on all day, clean matte finish, I am a NC20 - NC25 and got this in Nude, great natural look but excellend coverate, i use a foundation brush or stiple brush and its such a good match that I reallly just spot apply to the uneven areas. Will definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by cindytruongg

Bought this foundation because it was on sale for $9, I enjoy it, medium to buildable coverage and blends in really well and has a vast range of colours! Only downside is that it doesn't have a pump and also it's quite thick on the skin beside that, definitely one of my top drugstore/chemist foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for nearly 2 years now. I was looking for a decent drugstore foundation as I've been dissatisfied with nearly all dept store ones I've tried (MUFA, Clinique, Estee Lauder etc...). Clinique Even Better had been my go to but I tried this due to rave reviews and it works just as well. Coverage is great as well as staying power. It doesn't do anything for me in terms of shine but nothing does. I usually just set this with a loose power or pressed powder if I'm looking for more coverage that day. I recommend this to anyone looking for a great drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by nadimac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this a few days ago and I'm so happy with it. I've tried so many (high end) foundations and this works better than all of them. It provides excellent coverage without being cake-y or thick. A little goes a long way, it matches my skin tone, and the price is very reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by AllaBara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prior to using Revlon Colorstay (Oily/Combination Skin formula) I was using Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation which is amazing but a bit on the pricey side! I wanted to find a foundation that was reasonably priced and easily available at my local supermarket, Boots or Superdrug. And y'know what? I think I've finally found 'that' foundation - Revlon Colorstay is easy on my pocket at £12.49 and if I need to quickly pop to the shops for a repurchase it's not a huge hassle! Hoorah!

Application:
    I apply this product over the Revlon Photofinsh Primer (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE) with a stippling brush and it glides onto my skin with ease. The product has a medium-thick consistency and is pigmented well to give a medium to full coverage (depending on how many layers you decide to put on). I like full coverage as I have blemishes from old acne scaring and this foundation provides a good base before concealer to achieve the maximum cover I want. I found that the foundation did streak slightly on first application so its best to buff the product onto the skin well with a stippling brush to have a more flawless finish.

Finish and staying power:
    I like to set my foundation with rice powder as I have really oily skin then pat on Maxfactor's Creme Puff powder to bring everything together - this really optimises the staying power of this foundation! This foundation lasts on my skin throughout the day and I don't shine up too often with it. I probably have to do a powder touch up twice throughout the whole day to minimise shine. In terms of staying power, I've had this foundation on my skin for up to about 14 hours on occasions when I've gone to an event after work and it still looked great. Before heading out after work I did have to do a concealer and powder touch up but that's what I usually do to keep my look 'fresh' for a night out.

Packaging:
    The foundation comes in a glass bottle without a pump and has a tendency to pour out easily so bear that in mind when you're tipping the bottle to get to the foundation! I pour a little of the product onto the back of my hand before applying to my face which isn't a problem at all. Once you're down to the last 2 or 3 applications, I like to rest the bottle in an upside down position to enable me to get to those last remnants of foundation easily!

Overall, this is a great product - do give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Nemezienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Man man man... I realllllyyy wanted to love this foundation because of all the great reviews across beauty boards and youtube videos but it just didn't work for me. Where do I start? Went on streaky, dried too quickly, and oxidized so fast it made me look like carrot top. I guess I'll continue on my journey for my HG foundation...

*sigh*