August 29, 2014 | 1885 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by rockerchic4251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

so i got this brush when i first started to wear liquid foundation. all of the "cool kids" of youtube were using stippling brushes, so i wanted to join the club too! i really didnt want to shell out 42 dollars for a MAC 187 though, so i got this one for only 3 bucks! i ordered it online and when it arrived i was ESTATIC! until i used it. this thing is SO FLIMSY. its good for blush, i guess. but i was so disappointed. ): i use a sephora stipple brush now-37$ but totally worth it.
ELF really disappointed me here. D:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually love this brush. I use it for putting on my liquid foundation, and it gives me a very light, perfectly blended application, which is exactly what I'm looking for. If you want filter coverage, this brush is not for you. I think it would be great for applying blushes that are really pigmented, so I think i'm going to pick up another one for that. For 3 bucks, how can you beat that?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this brush a 2 because it doesn't do what it's made to do & is mediocre at the other purposes it could be put to. It is WAY too flimsy and not anywhere near dense enough for any kind of stippling (the Powder Brush is better for that). It could probably be used for blush, highlighter, or anything else a loosely packed brush is good for but its shape & flimsy bounce-back does not allow for an accurate application. It's probably best for heavy-handed people who want a very light application of a product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by barblekay

I was a bit surprised when I received this brush in the mail. It's not dense at all so I don't use it for liquid foundation. I use it for blush and it works awesome. It helps me distribute blush evenly on my cheek bones. It's fairly cheap so I will repurchase for that purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It isn't durable enough for liquid foundation, it needs to be fuller, i use it for powder or blush, will not repurchase because it I already have a kabuki brush that does basically the same job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'll have to agree with most on this one, its NOT dense enough for liquid foundation sigh bcuz thats what I mainly bought it for. But it works beautifully for blush! Altho I do own & love the Elf Studio Blush brush its too compact for super pigmented shades n can give the clown face quickly but this brush picks up the lightest amount n lets u really layer the color on to your desired preference!

Does this work great for powders--ofcourse! but if thats your basic need go for the powder brush instead as that allows more control on 'buffing' in the product too, this is mainly for 'picking up' the product. Would I repurchase? Already did, want a separate one for cream blushes--which this DOES work for because their not as thick/quickly drying as liquid foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not like this brush at all...it's very flimsy when trying to use with my foundation. I have other ELF brushes that I like a lot but not this one. Good thing it's not expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by caz5000

I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of E.L.F. brushes, this one included. I've used this mostly for blush and it has opened doors as far as highly pigmented blushes go. I can now wear Deep Throat, but it needs the lighter touch of a brush like this

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by courtneyk01

I think this is definitely a great product for the price. I havn't used it for applying liquid foundation because I think it may not be dense enough. I find it works great for my mineral powders and blushes. It is especially good for blushes that are super pigmented. I also think it is really nice and soft and feels nice on my skin.

Would probably get another one so I can keep a separate one for face powders and one for my blushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ive read that people feel this brush is too flimsy and doesn't work well. I beg to differ, this is a great brush for 3.00. I'm even contemplating picking up a second. I use it for my blushes that are too pigmented for my skintone, such as mac's BoAA. It works well, sure it could be denser, but for 3.00 you can't complain much about a brush that definitely gets the job done!