E.L.F. Studio Stipple

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/1/2011 7:21:00 PM

I agree with most reviewers saying that the brush is not dense enough and just too sparse. It does not give full coverage and is blotchy when I apply my foundation with it-

I can't use it with foundation, but it works wonderfully with my cream blushes. That's why I give it a 4.

on 11/26/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm really pale (think white as the underbelly of a dead fish white) and I have to apply my blushes with a VERY light hand.

This brush is super soft and picks up my blushes lightly enough that I don't accidentally make myself look like a clown.

on 11/26/2011 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

just got this from post. ordered it when its 50% off n i got 2 cuz ive always loved elf's brushes! but not this one. it is far too sparse and totally flattened. :( the powder brush is way better. shoulda stocked that up instead

on 11/13/2011 2:26:00 AM

I own the mac 187 which this is obviously a dupe for. The most noticeable difference between the two is the ELF has less hairs. So it is not that good for foundation application...Its too splotchy...However, it is just perfect for my cream blush. I can't tell the difference when applying blush between this and the 187. I think it was worth it just for that, because it was during a 50% off sale, so it was only $1.50! It is also a very attractive looking brush. I love the look of all the studio brushes.

on 11/11/2011 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

oh E.L.F. this was such a disappointment. After the success of the powder brush and kabuki I was expecting great things from this brush. Unfortunately it just did not deliver. Like the other E.L.F. brushes the bristles are super soft. The problem, I believe, is that the brush is simply not dense enough. It does not work for stippling at all, too soft and too few bristles. It did not pick up the liquid foundation well at all. It doesn't particularly pick up any powder well either, although it isn't bad for blending.
I would stay away from this brush, which although cheap $3, it simply isn't worth the money. Save your money and invest in the many other E.L.F studio brushes which are indeed great value.

on 11/5/2011 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

yes it is flimsy, but i still find it great for liquid foundation! and nothing cqan beat the price! no shredding and no problems with the brush what so ever!

on 10/26/2011 8:40:00 PM

I already have two back-ups of this brush. I absolutely love it, and for $3, it's a complete steal! I have not experienced shedding whatsoever, and am still using my first brush (which I've used every single day since October 2010) and it's still in perfect condition. I use Johnson's Head to Toe Baby Wash to clean it after every use. Would repurchase again and again.. wait... I already have!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

so i got this brush when i first started to wear liquid foundation. all of the "cool kids" of youtube were using stippling brushes, so i wanted to join the club too! i really didnt want to shell out 42 dollars for a MAC 187 though, so i got this one for only 3 bucks! i ordered it online and when it arrived i was ESTATIC! until i used it. this thing is SO FLIMSY. its good for blush, i guess. but i was so disappointed. ): i use a sephora stipple brush now-37$ but totally worth it.
ELF really disappointed me here. D:

on 9/30/2011 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I actually love this brush. I use it for putting on my liquid foundation, and it gives me a very light, perfectly blended application, which is exactly what I'm looking for. If you want filter coverage, this brush is not for you. I think it would be great for applying blushes that are really pigmented, so I think i'm going to pick up another one for that. For 3 bucks, how can you beat that?

on 9/30/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this brush a 2 because it doesn't do what it's made to do & is mediocre at the other purposes it could be put to. It is WAY too flimsy and not anywhere near dense enough for any kind of stippling (the Powder Brush is better for that). It could probably be used for blush, highlighter, or anything else a loosely packed brush is good for but its shape & flimsy bounce-back does not allow for an accurate application. It's probably best for heavy-handed people who want a very light application of a product.