E.L.F. Studio Stipple

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

I bought this brush to apply my liquid foundation with. I watched videos online where women used a stipple to get an airbrushed finish. Honestly, I was really disappointed. The brush isn't very dense and it's rather flimsy so it did a terrible job at blending my foundation. I ended up with a more overdone cakey foundation look. I'm not going to give up on stipple brushes just yet. I'm going to shop around more, but I don't recommend this one ladies.

Really not dense.. but it's ok to put blush

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This brush is good for cream blushes and for putting on finishing powder, but I wouldn't suggest using it for liquid foundation. It's very flimsy and not dense enough for application. I'll stick with my Ecotools stippling brush for that. Other than that, it's a pretty okay brush. I suggest buying it if you're on a budget.

I got this brush after reading the many reviews on how great it is. I don't wear liquid foundation but had read this was good for applying blush and face powders. I honestly can't see how anyone can stipple foundation on with it - it's not dense enough. But it IS great for applying my HD powder! I tried it with mineral blush but did not see any difference. I keep reading here it works great with cream blush though, so I'll try that next. I like that the price is good enough to own a few for different uses.

The white fibers aren't as stiff as higher end/more expensive brushes. I don't see how this would work for foundation, so I used it with NYX's cream blushes. I always tend to over-apply with fingers. I dab it on the cream blush, then on the back of my hand to even out the product on the brush (and to remove excess) and stipple onto my cheeks. It gives a very nice, subtle flush.

Pros:
-Price, especially if there is a sale
-Soft

Cons:
-White bristles are flimsier than other stipple brushes I've used

I agree with most reviewers saying that the brush is not dense enough and just too sparse. It does not give full coverage and is blotchy when I apply my foundation with it-

I can't use it with foundation, but it works wonderfully with my cream blushes. That's why I give it a 4.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm really pale (think white as the underbelly of a dead fish white) and I have to apply my blushes with a VERY light hand.

This brush is super soft and picks up my blushes lightly enough that I don't accidentally make myself look like a clown.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

just got this from post. ordered it when its 50% off n i got 2 cuz ive always loved elf's brushes! but not this one. it is far too sparse and totally flattened. :( the powder brush is way better. shoulda stocked that up instead

I own the mac 187 which this is obviously a dupe for. The most noticeable difference between the two is the ELF has less hairs. So it is not that good for foundation application...Its too splotchy...However, it is just perfect for my cream blush. I can't tell the difference when applying blush between this and the 187. I think it was worth it just for that, because it was during a 50% off sale, so it was only $1.50! It is also a very attractive looking brush. I love the look of all the studio brushes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

oh E.L.F. this was such a disappointment. After the success of the powder brush and kabuki I was expecting great things from this brush. Unfortunately it just did not deliver. Like the other E.L.F. brushes the bristles are super soft. The problem, I believe, is that the brush is simply not dense enough. It does not work for stippling at all, too soft and too few bristles. It did not pick up the liquid foundation well at all. It doesn't particularly pick up any powder well either, although it isn't bad for blending.
I would stay away from this brush, which although cheap $3, it simply isn't worth the money. Save your money and invest in the many other E.L.F studio brushes which are indeed great value.

Popular Makeup Brushes