Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 10/6/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is THE best thing that has happened to my skin. And a lot of great things have happened to my skin.
It gives the same (or even better) results to MUAC's famous peels, in that this is done weekly, and there's no actual peeling.

Just. Fresh. Glowing. Skin.
Add even-toned to the mix as well.

I think I've lost any signs of any nasolabial folds I have.
My skin is plump, fresh, like I ate some collagen for breakfast, and it went to my face in all the right places.

Come on people, the price is MINISCULE compared to what this does.
Think what an office peel costs *shudder*. Now you can have the same effects. Weekly. In the comforts of your home.

Try it, you won't regret it! ;)

on 10/2/2012 9:35:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I leave it on over night and wake up with smooth and even skin. Also helped clear up some blemishes. A little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts a while. I've noticed that makeup goes on much better after I've used this.

on 9/26/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I think this is the best AHA I've ever bought. I've had professional peels, and this product works as well as some the lighter ones I've had. It makes my skin look great. Worth the price, which I personally don't think is that steep considering the product actually works. I've paid for more for products that don't work.

on 9/26/2012 1:05:00 PM

As an esthetician I am always hunting for great products. Staying out of the sun, and exfoliation are the top two ways to keep your skin looking great.

The Pro's
1. Fantastic exfoliation, period. I use this 3-4 times a week which is only ok if your skin is used to exfoliation, I do peels 1x a week and have been into retinol for 10 years.
2. Use a dime size amount in your hand, don't bother with cotton it just soaks up product. I put a heavy moisturizer over it and wake up with dewy, baby soft skin.

If you do not exfoliate regularly this may stir up some acne as it will purge your skin, don't give up.

The Con's
1. The packaging. Would be better with a dropper, it's hard to estimate the product
2. The price. It's steep but I have not found a comparable product yet so I will keep buying it. It's like the worlds most expensive toner for me.

My skin has never looked better and I am getting compliments left and right. I also use a Derma Roller 5x a week and swear by it.

on 9/16/2012 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This stuff is way too expensive for what it does... it works, but almost $30 for a 2 oz bottle puts it out of my league. It would have to *actually* resurface my skin to make it worth it, and it doesn't do that, even at 3X a week. It *does* exfoliate, it's just not the miraculous product I wish it were (and which the name and price suggest)...

on 9/8/2012 5:51:00 PM

This stuff is awesome! The morning after applying it, my skin always looks revived and rejuvenated. And it's absolutely helped me almost completely fade of a new fine line that was starting to develop under one of my eyes. Love this product, highly recommend it!

on 8/24/2012 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this in conjuction with other RESIST products. I am blessed with quite clear skin, however these products have made a tremendous difference to its luminosity, eveness, fading of sun spots and general well-being.
I use it only once a week, although I think my skin would cope with it twice weekly. When I wake up after each time I've used it, my face glows. Fantastic product, I only wish it came in a different formulation since the liquid is a bit to hard to apply without wastage (I just put some directly in my palm, to avoid product loss due to cotton-ball absorption). It goes without saying that I'll keep buying it.

on 8/23/2012 5:22:00 AM

Whoa. This product rocks my socks!!! I bought several PC samples including this one. I applied last night and am so thrilled with the results I plan on buying a full bottle today. The best thing I noticed this morning is that the two milia I had on my cheek just below my eye are almost completely gone. I think one more application of this product would completely knock them out!! I also had several mystery bumps along my hairline that are flat out gone. Yes, it's expensive but man, so worth it to me. Liquid gold, people. Liquid GOLD!

on 8/10/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is flat out AWESOME. I have never used a product that has made such a huge difference literally overnight. I have to restrain myself to use it only weekly so I don't burn out my skin and make it all flaky. It just makes that much difference to the texture. Big big fan.

on 8/2/2012 1:27:00 PM

Thank you once again MUA! I bought this because of all the great reviews here - I got a great deal on this on eBay. I have been using this a couple times a week (I have very hardy skin, having been on Retin A .1% since I was 25) and as other reviewers have noted, this exfoliates like crazy. And that's a good thing, because it really seems to compliment the Retin A in terms of evening out my skin tone. Another thing I just realized is that I haven't had a breakout since I started using this, and I am very breakout prone. I really think this treatment could be used by anyone except those with very sensitive skin as it seems to keep pores clean and does a great job of fading sun damage and acne marks.

Popular Treatments (Face)