April 21, 2014 | 1539 users online

Treatments - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by momominky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that makes a massive difference to my skin. I use it once or twice a week and wake up soft, smooth with minimised pores. Minimal stinging if I keep it away from my eyes (only a numpty would put this near the eyes, but it's easily done).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this set approximately half a year. This exfoliator leaves my skin super soft and since I started using products from this set I have noticed an improvement in my skin texture, tone and radiance. I use it once a week. Even though the concentrations of AHA is 10% there is no sting (I do not have sensitive skin). Packaging could be improved. It is a straight forward screw off top, I would prefer pump dosing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Another winner from the Resist line for me. I use this once a week, as the name suggests, and it suits my sensitive skin just fine. I havenít got an adverse reaction, only woken up with a clearer and smoother skin the next morning. I think my skin could handle more frequent use, but I havenít felt the need for it at the moment. As usual, this isnít a miracle worker, so donít expect your skin to do a complete 180 overnight. Iíve been using this consistently for a few months now, and my skin has definitely benefited from it, and is showing less and less flaking and blemishes. Of course, getting further away from the cold winter helps too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. I use it 2-3 times a week now (at night), although I began with just once a week. I use the 5% Alpha Hydroxy in the mornings and the other evenings. The bottle has lasted me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Anna001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product and have noticed that my skin has been looking it's best since using Paula's Choice products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by AnnieRocco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A little expensive but for that result, i dont mind paying. It makes my skin looks so radiant and smooth the next morning. It dosent sting and i leave it overnight. I only use once a week. I realised the result is more dramatic if i apply a thick later but it does leave my cheeks feeling taut. If i apply a thin layer, its not as drying but the results are not as obvious as well so guess i will just apply thickly! Will be purchasing its full size! I bought many samples and im still using the first pack of samples!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a year and a half, and it appears to leave my skin smooth and well-conditioned. I don't have any wrinkles or fine lines, so I'm using this product pre-emptively. Also, I don't have particularly sensitive skin, so I can use it up to 3 times a week, but YMMV.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WARNING: Do NOT use this product more than once per week or during the week/before important events.

I recently purchased this because I like PC products and this one gets such great reviews that I had to try it myself. The first couple of times I used it I didn't see much of a difference; my skin looked a little bit different but nothing significant. I used it again last night, left it on over night (should not have done that, I should have washed it off). I didn't think much of it this morning when I applied foundation before going to work. After I looked closely in the mirror I was surprised to find that my cheeks and nose were really flaky. I immediately washed all the foundation off, scrubbed my face with Queen Helene scrub and thought I was all good. I applied a moisturizer the second time around prior to applying my foundation again. There was still a little bit of peeling around my nose but I didn't think it was a big deal. After being at work for 9 hours (I didn't check in the mirror once) I came home and was horrified. The entire area around my nose, cheeks, and lips was ALL FLAKES! I really, really hope that no one at work noticed because I looked like a freak, and it accentuated fine lines around my lips terribly. Nasty.
I washed my face again tonight and used the same QH scrub (gently) and applied a moisturizer. I am really hoping that my skin will be less flaky tomorrow. I can tell that this product works because it literally peeled off the very top layer of my skin revealing nice, soft and smooth skin underneath. But holy cow, I am never using this again on days I have to wear foundation (to work or out). It's a good product but definitely something that should be used sparingly. I am not sure whether or not I will repurchase at this point. I will wait to see long term results. This is very powerful stuff and I imagine does good things if used correctly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I absolutely hated this stuff as it dried my skin out horribly and left it really really really flaky. It took some experimenting and I finally love this stuff and have incorporated it into my skin care routine. What works for me is to only use it weekly. I apply it with a cotton pad to my freshly washed face, leave it for 30 minutes, then wash it off and follow up with my usually moisturizers and serums, but nothing that contains AHA or BHA that night. I would repurchase it, but only using it weekly this stuff will probably last a very long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff wreaked havoc on my skin, to say the least. I had been using Paula's Choice 5% daily AHA with absolutely no problems for about a month prior and had great results. Because my skin was tolerant I figured I'd up the ante and try the 10%. Big mistake. After the first application I noticed the next morning how parched and tight my skin felt. While the skin did feel physically smoother it felt uncomfortably dry. And I use Clinique's dry to very dry antioxidant night moisturizer every night. After going through my normal morning routine of moisturizer with SPF and then a foundation I noticed a giant wrinkle set in my forehead which hadn't been but a fine line before. Also, my foundation looked horribly caked and rough on my skin. I just assumed this would pass in time but after a week there were no changes. I tried the 10% AHA a second time hoping this would help kick in the exfoliation process but unfortunately it only made things worse and I now have very pronounced wrinkles on my forehead, increased pore size, rough looking skin, a persistently red face, not to mentioned my skin is as tight and dry as I have ever seen. In order to alleviate the dryness I have been using olive oil on top of my moisturizer in the AM and vitamin E oil atop my moisturizer in the PM. Also, I have had to stop wearing foundation because my skin looks worse with it on than with no makeup. All the MUA reviews of this are great and I only wish I too had a good experience.

UPDATE: it's been 3 months since I discontinued using AHA's on my face and my skin still has not returned to normal. Basically my skin is rougher in texture than before using AHA's, my pore size is visibly larger, and I still cannot apply foundation without it looking cakey and cracking in my forehead wrinkles. Just to note I did not have but fine lines in my forehead prior to using Paula Begoun's products. This has been a nightmare and I intend to see a derm for treatment.