October 25, 2014 | 926 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whoa. This product rocks my socks!!! I bought several PC samples including this one. I applied last night and am so thrilled with the results I plan on buying a full bottle today. The best thing I noticed this morning is that the two milia I had on my cheek just below my eye are almost completely gone. I think one more application of this product would completely knock them out!! I also had several mystery bumps along my hairline that are flat out gone. Yes, it's expensive but man, so worth it to me. Liquid gold, people. Liquid GOLD!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

This stuff is flat out AWESOME. I have never used a product that has made such a huge difference literally overnight. I have to restrain myself to use it only weekly so I don't burn out my skin and make it all flaky. It just makes that much difference to the texture. Big big fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Joyce7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Thank you once again MUA! I bought this because of all the great reviews here - I got a great deal on this on eBay. I have been using this a couple times a week (I have very hardy skin, having been on Retin A .1% since I was 25) and as other reviewers have noted, this exfoliates like crazy. And that's a good thing, because it really seems to compliment the Retin A in terms of evening out my skin tone. Another thing I just realized is that I haven't had a breakout since I started using this, and I am very breakout prone. I really think this treatment could be used by anyone except those with very sensitive skin as it seems to keep pores clean and does a great job of fading sun damage and acne marks.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by XFOLI8R

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Whoa, this exfoliated the HELL out of my skin, and left me with an almost creepily smooth and shiny face for a 48-year-old. And I only left it on for an hour and a half! Strong stuff, for sure. The sample I tried didn't irritate or burn me (though it did sting when I put it on), or cause my skin to peel or flake; it was just terrifyingly effective. If you have dull skin or clogged pores, you almost certainly won't after using this. Definitely apply a soothing/moisturizing lotion or cream right after rinsing this off. This will likely be more useful when I'm a bit older; for now I'll stick with milder exfoliants (like PC's 2% BHA and 5% AHA) for regular use, and buy samples of this to use once a month or so. Edit: I'm giving it 5 lippies for freaking me out with its EXFOLIATING POWER without doing any damage. :D

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by jtg1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I get the same results from this as I do from a professional glycolic peel...at a fraction of the cost. If you are one of those people who routinely uses AHA products, you will be very pleased with this. It may be only 10%, but I swear this is more powerful than any AHA product I've tried. I use it at night, once a week: apply a quarter-sized amount with a cotton pad after cleansing and toning and let it sit overnight. Each time I use it, I can see a difference in the morning. Don't think you can use it every day, however: it'll irritate and burn like heck, and your face will hate you. It's a tiny bottle, but should last three months or so if used 1-2 times a week. Great when paired with the Resist 5% daily smoother.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love the results of this product but I have to be careful about how I use it as my sensitive skin can react to it. I have found the best way to use this is to really gently pat it on and then slather my face in cortisonne cream. This then helps minimise the flakiness I used to get. The flakiness used to get so bad I couldnt use makeup for 3 days afterwards otherwise I would look like a flaky scary freak by the end of the day. If used in this way then the results are amazing; I get luminous glowing skin and even get to see a minimisation in acne scars. Amazing product you just have to be careful if you have sensitive skin!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this once a week w/ no problem, doesnt make my skin dry or flaky. I leave it on overnight and wash my face in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

great AHA product. I like to use this 1-2 times a week but adding several layers since my skin is sensitive but the dead skin is pretty stubborn. I leave it on for 1-2 hours like a mask, not overnight. I have also tried one layer at night and my skin was smoother in the morning but I found out that several layers for a couple of hours do more for me in terms of exfoliation.I did experience light peeling but it never hurts or looks too bad, it just reveals fresh, clean new skin without clogs and acne scars are smoothed out, fine lines as well and my skin is super smooth. I like to use LRP toleriane ultra afterwards to moisturize and my skin just drinks it all up and is uber-hydrated the next day.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by momominky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that makes a massive difference to my skin. I use it once or twice a week and wake up soft, smooth with minimised pores. Minimal stinging if I keep it away from my eyes (only a numpty would put this near the eyes, but it's easily done).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this set approximately half a year. This exfoliator leaves my skin super soft and since I started using products from this set I have noticed an improvement in my skin texture, tone and radiance. I use it once a week. Even though the concentrations of AHA is 10% there is no sting (I do not have sensitive skin). Packaging could be improved. It is a straight forward screw off top, I would prefer pump dosing.