Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 9/16/2012 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This stuff is way too expensive for what it does... it works, but almost $30 for a 2 oz bottle puts it out of my league. It would have to *actually* resurface my skin to make it worth it, and it doesn't do that, even at 3X a week. It *does* exfoliate, it's just not the miraculous product I wish it were (and which the name and price suggest)...

on 9/8/2012 5:51:00 PM

This stuff is awesome! The morning after applying it, my skin always looks revived and rejuvenated. And it's absolutely helped me almost completely fade of a new fine line that was starting to develop under one of my eyes. Love this product, highly recommend it!

on 8/24/2012 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this in conjuction with other RESIST products. I am blessed with quite clear skin, however these products have made a tremendous difference to its luminosity, eveness, fading of sun spots and general well-being.
I use it only once a week, although I think my skin would cope with it twice weekly. When I wake up after each time I've used it, my face glows. Fantastic product, I only wish it came in a different formulation since the liquid is a bit to hard to apply without wastage (I just put some directly in my palm, to avoid product loss due to cotton-ball absorption). It goes without saying that I'll keep buying it.

on 8/23/2012 5:22:00 AM

Whoa. This product rocks my socks!!! I bought several PC samples including this one. I applied last night and am so thrilled with the results I plan on buying a full bottle today. The best thing I noticed this morning is that the two milia I had on my cheek just below my eye are almost completely gone. I think one more application of this product would completely knock them out!! I also had several mystery bumps along my hairline that are flat out gone. Yes, it's expensive but man, so worth it to me. Liquid gold, people. Liquid GOLD!

on 8/10/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is flat out AWESOME. I have never used a product that has made such a huge difference literally overnight. I have to restrain myself to use it only weekly so I don't burn out my skin and make it all flaky. It just makes that much difference to the texture. Big big fan.

on 8/2/2012 1:27:00 PM

Thank you once again MUA! I bought this because of all the great reviews here - I got a great deal on this on eBay. I have been using this a couple times a week (I have very hardy skin, having been on Retin A .1% since I was 25) and as other reviewers have noted, this exfoliates like crazy. And that's a good thing, because it really seems to compliment the Retin A in terms of evening out my skin tone. Another thing I just realized is that I haven't had a breakout since I started using this, and I am very breakout prone. I really think this treatment could be used by anyone except those with very sensitive skin as it seems to keep pores clean and does a great job of fading sun damage and acne marks.

on 6/11/2012 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Whoa, this exfoliated the HELL out of my skin, and left me with an almost creepily smooth and shiny face for a 48-year-old. And I only left it on for an hour and a half! Strong stuff, for sure. The sample I tried didn't irritate or burn me (though it did sting when I put it on), or cause my skin to peel or flake; it was just terrifyingly effective. If you have dull skin or clogged pores, you almost certainly won't after using this. Definitely apply a soothing/moisturizing lotion or cream right after rinsing this off. This will likely be more useful when I'm a bit older; for now I'll stick with milder exfoliants (like PC's 2% BHA and 5% AHA) for regular use, and buy samples of this to use once a month or so. Edit: I'm giving it 5 lippies for freaking me out with its EXFOLIATING POWER without doing any damage. :D

on 5/26/2012 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I get the same results from this as I do from a professional glycolic peel...at a fraction of the cost. If you are one of those people who routinely uses AHA products, you will be very pleased with this. It may be only 10%, but I swear this is more powerful than any AHA product I've tried. I use it at night, once a week: apply a quarter-sized amount with a cotton pad after cleansing and toning and let it sit overnight. Each time I use it, I can see a difference in the morning. Don't think you can use it every day, however: it'll irritate and burn like heck, and your face will hate you. It's a tiny bottle, but should last three months or so if used 1-2 times a week. Great when paired with the Resist 5% daily smoother.

on 5/23/2012 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really love the results of this product but I have to be careful about how I use it as my sensitive skin can react to it. I have found the best way to use this is to really gently pat it on and then slather my face in cortisonne cream. This then helps minimise the flakiness I used to get. The flakiness used to get so bad I couldnt use makeup for 3 days afterwards otherwise I would look like a flaky scary freak by the end of the day. If used in this way then the results are amazing; I get luminous glowing skin and even get to see a minimisation in acne scars. Amazing product you just have to be careful if you have sensitive skin!

on 5/11/2012 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use this once a week w/ no problem, doesnt make my skin dry or flaky. I leave it on overnight and wash my face in the morning.

Popular Treatments (Face)