July 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by jtg1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I get the same results from this as I do from a professional glycolic peel...at a fraction of the cost. If you are one of those people who routinely uses AHA products, you will be very pleased with this. It may be only 10%, but I swear this is more powerful than any AHA product I've tried. I use it at night, once a week: apply a quarter-sized amount with a cotton pad after cleansing and toning and let it sit overnight. Each time I use it, I can see a difference in the morning. Don't think you can use it every day, however: it'll irritate and burn like heck, and your face will hate you. It's a tiny bottle, but should last three months or so if used 1-2 times a week. Great when paired with the Resist 5% daily smoother.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love the results of this product but I have to be careful about how I use it as my sensitive skin can react to it. I have found the best way to use this is to really gently pat it on and then slather my face in cortisonne cream. This then helps minimise the flakiness I used to get. The flakiness used to get so bad I couldnt use makeup for 3 days afterwards otherwise I would look like a flaky scary freak by the end of the day. If used in this way then the results are amazing; I get luminous glowing skin and even get to see a minimisation in acne scars. Amazing product you just have to be careful if you have sensitive skin!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this once a week w/ no problem, doesnt make my skin dry or flaky. I leave it on overnight and wash my face in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

great AHA product. I like to use this 1-2 times a week but adding several layers since my skin is sensitive but the dead skin is pretty stubborn. I leave it on for 1-2 hours like a mask, not overnight. I have also tried one layer at night and my skin was smoother in the morning but I found out that several layers for a couple of hours do more for me in terms of exfoliation.I did experience light peeling but it never hurts or looks too bad, it just reveals fresh, clean new skin without clogs and acne scars are smoothed out, fine lines as well and my skin is super smooth. I like to use LRP toleriane ultra afterwards to moisturize and my skin just drinks it all up and is uber-hydrated the next day.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by momominky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that makes a massive difference to my skin. I use it once or twice a week and wake up soft, smooth with minimised pores. Minimal stinging if I keep it away from my eyes (only a numpty would put this near the eyes, but it's easily done).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this set approximately half a year. This exfoliator leaves my skin super soft and since I started using products from this set I have noticed an improvement in my skin texture, tone and radiance. I use it once a week. Even though the concentrations of AHA is 10% there is no sting (I do not have sensitive skin). Packaging could be improved. It is a straight forward screw off top, I would prefer pump dosing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Another winner from the Resist line for me. I use this once a week, as the name suggests, and it suits my sensitive skin just fine. I havenít got an adverse reaction, only woken up with a clearer and smoother skin the next morning. I think my skin could handle more frequent use, but I havenít felt the need for it at the moment. As usual, this isnít a miracle worker, so donít expect your skin to do a complete 180 overnight. Iíve been using this consistently for a few months now, and my skin has definitely benefited from it, and is showing less and less flaking and blemishes. Of course, getting further away from the cold winter helps too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. I use it 2-3 times a week now (at night), although I began with just once a week. I use the 5% Alpha Hydroxy in the mornings and the other evenings. The bottle has lasted me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Anna001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product and have noticed that my skin has been looking it's best since using Paula's Choice products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by AnnieRocco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A little expensive but for that result, i dont mind paying. It makes my skin looks so radiant and smooth the next morning. It dosent sting and i leave it overnight. I only use once a week. I realised the result is more dramatic if i apply a thick later but it does leave my cheeks feeling taut. If i apply a thin layer, its not as drying but the results are not as obvious as well so guess i will just apply thickly! Will be purchasing its full size! I bought many samples and im still using the first pack of samples!!