December 21, 2014 | 1832 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty medium, slightly blue toned pink. Very wearable except for the fact it goes on quite sheer and applies (on me at least) quite patchy and unevenly. Which is enough for me not to love it or buy it again - there are so many other similarly pretty pink lipsticks out there that don't have this issue.
Disappointing, because it is a very nice shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

Very wearable, everyday pink. I don't like too many colors for daytime wear as I am very fair and things appear garish on me easily. Great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by trustm3e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure i would like a lustre finish, but i love this lipstick! Gives a great amount of color without being too bold. I have MAC's Gaga and on my tan skin, sometimes that lipstick is too much. Lovelorn is never too much, it glides on easily and is a great wearable lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by TPAIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If Pink Nouveau was too bold for you, try Lovelorn! It's a sheered out version of it. A light-medium coverage, buildable, non-cakey, wearable hot pink. Pink Nouveau is my all time fave but for everyday wear, Lovelorn is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by graceface1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great colour for everyday wear. Thought it would come out a bright matte pink, but is creamy and a quite a good colour for all skin tones. I'm a nc20 and it looks rather nice on my lips! new favourite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A cute pink lipstick. Gives lips a believable pink sheen. I have NW20 skin and this is a cute color on me. Pretty boring of a color, but no complaints-- sometimes you need a normal color, not a "wow" color...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sherrycherry292

Without this lipstick I would be lovelorn. It is a pale pink thats perfect for daytime wear. The lustre finish makes it particularly wearable and is nice and creamy on the lips. I know it should not work the blue undertone which is much more suited to a paler skintone than mine, but it does and Its a perfect summery lipstick. MAC has a great range of pinks and this is a fab one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely color on the right skintone which is not mine. Oh how I wish it looked good on my GGG skin but alas it is just too light. Drat! Very pretty cool baby pink -- lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by sweetstef24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I usually buy only peach and coral lipsticks because I thought I only look good with those colors, but today I went to MAC and decided to try on pink lipsticks. I tried Lovelorn and Chatterbox. Chatterbox was too bright for me so I decided to purchase Lovelorn and I'm really glad I did. Lovelorn is a very soft baby pink w/ blue undertone. I really like it. Most pink lipsticks wash me out, but Lovelorn really looks good on me! And I love that is a Lustre.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jubez

MAC has many similar pinks with different formulas in the permanent line and this is one of them. I found this lipstick on my lips very similar to Angel but more pink. It is deeper and more cool than Angel. Lustres is one of my favorite finishes and leaves my lips comfortable and soft. If you are a fan of pink lipsticks, try this one out. Since it is not limited edition, it is very accessible.