MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 3/17/2011 6:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

baby pink is a lip colour i'm often a little scared of, but this pink isn't too "in your face" but is a gorgeous colour on the lips. I'm a NW15-NW20 and i can't get enough of this colour at the moment, it makes me look really fresh and spring like. I'd recommend to pick one up!

on 3/9/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Looooove this! I have a backup in my purse at all times, I'm always sleeping over at my boyfriends and don't like carrying a whole kit of makeup with me to get ready in the morning. This and some black eyeliner (simple or heavy) is perfect to go along with this. It brightens up your face and is really wearable during the day. This is pretty blue based, so if you're an NC I'd try it at the counter first. I'm an nw30 and love this for a quick cute look! It's a lustre, pigmentation is ok, lasts about 2-4 hrs. Lipglass not neccesary!

on 3/7/2011 9:54:00 PM

very pretty color, very wearable, I will buy it again

on 2/21/2011 11:28:00 PM

I was just wandering the mac counter and picked up this color. Its a little bright in the tube but the color is sheer because its a lustre. Its moisturizing and smells like marshmallows lol. I just don't like that its has a short lasting power and the color bleeds outside the line. The color is pretty and a nice change from my roses and mauve lipsticks. I am reaching for this more often.

on 1/26/2011 8:44:00 PM

well this was a pretty random buy at the time and i really didnt think the color would work for me but the second i tried it on my tan skin....i fell in lovelorn lol the only thing is it doesnt last too long ill apply it twice through an eight hr shift but thats fine by me i usually top it w.gloss .... i wear it every day...great way to feel girly <3 i would definitely buy it again

on 1/23/2011 2:04:00 PM

MAC Lovelorn was a total impulse buy on a giftcard -- looking at it in the tube, I thought "Now that is the perfect Barbie pink. Heh. I bet I would look awful in Barbie pink. Heh. Heh... maybe I'll try it." So very secretively, as though the SA nearby would descend upon me to shriek, "Too cool for you! Too cool for you, NC30 - 40 with yellow undertones customer!" I patted a bit on with my finger, and surprisingly I really liked it. Make no mistake, Lovelorn is definitely better suited for those with more neutral or cooler skintones, but it still looks good on me for those days I want to look ultra-girly. As with other lustre finish lipsticks, the staying power isn't the best, but neither is it something I can't stand; I get a good two, three hours out of it while drinking tea. Warm-toned MUA-ers, do give it a try as you may be pleasantly surprised. EDIT 19 MARCH 2011: I think it was wishful thinking, because the more I wore this lipstick the more I thought, "Wait, why am I wearing this again?" I swapped it away for the much warmer, much more wearable MAC VGV.

on 1/21/2011 12:24:00 AM

As you can see from the reviews this lipstick has a good mix of pros & cons, depending on skin tone. On me though (nc35/brown hair/brown eyes/olive tone) this was just too cool toned for me, maybe because of the blue base of it, but no matter how many different types of l/l I tried to pair it with, it just did not work. The texture was ok, it wasn't too drying, I always paired it with lip balm underneath & the staying power was ok too. I think this would work much better on cooler toned gals, so for me I would not repurchase. My HG for soft pink l/s would be Hug me, so if you find this shade is not working out, try hug me!

on 1/19/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really pretty medium, slightly blue toned pink. Very wearable except for the fact it goes on quite sheer and applies (on me at least) quite patchy and unevenly. Which is enough for me not to love it or buy it again - there are so many other similarly pretty pink lipsticks out there that don't have this issue.
Disappointing, because it is a very nice shade.

on 1/14/2011 9:39:00 PM

Very wearable, everyday pink. I don't like too many colors for daytime wear as I am very fair and things appear garish on me easily. Great color.

on 1/8/2011 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I wasn't sure i would like a lustre finish, but i love this lipstick! Gives a great amount of color without being too bold. I have MAC's Gaga and on my tan skin, sometimes that lipstick is too much. Lovelorn is never too much, it glides on easily and is a great wearable lipstick.

Recommended for Medium Skin