September 30, 2014 | 1503 users online

Blush - NARS - Sex Appeal

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, what can I say. It is a nice blush, I love the colour, looks very natural on my skin, very fresh, good for spring time. But the problem is it is hardly pigmented at all. I'm NW20 and I need to work really hard to make it show. I use a flat top buffer brush for that purpose and I think this is the only kind of brush that's going to work with this blush. But using it this way the blush definitely won't last long. Nevermind. Not my favourite.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by juliejoy

I am very fair (NC 15).For some reason I could not get this to show up on me, it would almost disappear into my skin. I wish this one would have worked I love the pale-peachiness of it and think it would look great for spring. I found the formula of this blush chalky, poorly pigmented and hard to work with. I ended up returning it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by honeylustre

Love this blush. I'm NC15, and it shows up really nicely. It can actually get pretty bright if I build it up. I always put a lot of thought into it before I buy a NARS blush, because they are pretty expensive, but no regrets about this one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this blush. I was hesitant to buy it at first because it looked really light for my skintone(NC35). However once I applied it to my skin it just looked really pretty. It gives you a natural peach flush, it is very buildable as well. Would really recommend this blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO impressed by this unconventional NARS item. I was initially very turned off by the chalky appearance, but once I actually applied it to the cheeks it gave the hint of blush I was looking for. I used to be very into Nars blushes, but lately have been turned off by them because of their high pigmented quality. Maybe b.c I'm getting older, but bright blushes and shimmers are things I don't reach for anymore. Although, this blush definitely won't show up on darker skintones, it shows up on my medium/olive/MAC NC35 skin. I like that I can never overdo it with this blush no matter how heavy handed I am. This is now my go-to, foolproof, subdued-enough-for-daytime, "barely there-makeup" look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by vanessa8308

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just picked up this blush at my local Nordstrom's without trying it because there was no tester available and even the lady at the counter tried to tell me that it would be too pale for me. But I had to try it for myself and I have to say that it is LOVE! I know that many reviewers are saying that it's only for fair skin but I'm NC35 for MAC and I60 in Shiseido but this blush is what I've been looking in a peach blush. At first i was in love with Nars Gilda but most times it was so pigmented that my blush would look overdone in the morning, I've tried Gina as well and that always ended up orange on my cheeks. This blush however is very buildable, at first when I apply it it looks like nothing but just give it a few minutes and it warms up on your face giving you the most natural beautiful peach flush, it kind of reminds me of Mac Fun and Games which I loved but found that it generally disappeared after a few hours (most MAC blushes tend to do that on me). Hopefully this becomes permanent because I've finally just found my HG peach blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by cjm517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Alabaster in BB, #2 GA, N3 in SF, obviously very pale. I love this blush. It is a paler color and will not show up if you have darker skin (NW/NC20-25 is probably the limit). That doesn't mean darker girls should review it negatively, you know that a super pale blush shade isn't going to show on you. This applies best with my ecotools blush brush. It is a peachy-pink glow that gives me a peaches and cream complexion and doesn't accentuate any ruddiness in my skin. I don't need to pack this on either, it is quite pigmented and shows well. It is very finely milled and sinks right into the skin. I would definitely recommend this for pale skins but anyone over NW/NC 25, definitely put it on in store. BTW, hand swatches completely aren't accurate. It looks like pressed powder on my hand but the color really shows on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unlike many other NARS blushes, I don't have to be as careful with Sex Appeal -- which is so light, it is not as easy to overdo it. I'm very fair (NW5-10, NARS Siberia), and Sex Appeal definitely shows up on my skin as a subtle, perky peach. It brightens my complexion and adds a bit of a glow. I love it on days where I am wearing heavier eye makeup, or even if I'm not -- it is very pretty on its own. I would definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by rogsweetie03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this blush sight unseen before there was a single review on MUA. I left it untouched for at least a month because I was afraid it would not show up on me. I swatched it at Sephora and it was invisible on my hand despite my efforts to layer the swatches.

However, the color was so beautiful, I could not bare to return it without trying it on my face first. Boy, was I surprised at how much I loved this color. On the face, it is not invisible at all, but a beautiful matte peachy-pink, which looks like it radiates from within. Sex Appeal is gorgeous in the pan and on the face. I am a blush wh0re and I own nothing like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very disappointed in this. I just can't get this to show up on my skin at all, it's just far too pale and kind of chalky looking. Absolutely useless blush unless you are snow white.

Up for swap it goes!!