NARS Sex Appeal

4.2

on 4/12/2011 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't own a lot of NARS blushes, but of the ones I do own this is the one I like the least. I was really excited when I read about the release on the net, and ordered it right away. I am a NW15 for reference, and this barely shows up on my skin. If I want to get any colour I have to pack on a lot of product, which I find strange for a NARS blush. Will not buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am NC 20-ish (I think) and I adore this blush. I am strongly considering getting rid of all my other blushes and using only this one! I love it! It makes me have a very natural flush. I used to have Amour, which is OK, but seemed very bright on my fair skin. Sex Appeal is a very light color, but that is what I like. It also lasts the whole day. I am very pleased and have even purchased a backup.

UPDATE: Hit pan!!! Love!

on 3/28/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I cannot believe how much I love this blush. I am an NC35 and it gives me the most perfect pinkish hue on my cheeks. It is not very pigmented which means you wont' overdo it and barely shows up. But that is exactly what I was looking for, a blush that gave me a natural flush without looking made up. It is perfect for the "no make-up" look.

on 3/28/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this blush. I don't like blush shades that are bright or have tons of glitter, so this was perfect. It gives me enough color. I used to own Orgasm but the color was too much and especially the glitter. I'm pretty fair so this really worked for me!

on 3/27/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I try not to buy NARS blushes because, even though many of them are so pretty, they are made almost exclusively from hazardous ingredients (BHA, triclosan, parabens, FD&C colors, etc.). I bought this anyway because, well, it's just such a flattering and natural shade that I caved. On my fair complexion, it's perfect for creating a slight flush or for enhancing another shade of blush. I really, really like the way it looks, I do. I just don't see any reason why NARS can't replace at least some of the most harmful ingredients, so that I feel comfortable wearing their blush more than a few times a month. I know many probably don't care about the individual ingredients in the compact, but it's something I think is important to keep in mind.

on 3/24/2011 10:40:00 AM

Well, what can I say. It is a nice blush, I love the colour, looks very natural on my skin, very fresh, good for spring time. But the problem is it is hardly pigmented at all. I'm NW20 and I need to work really hard to make it show. I use a flat top buffer brush for that purpose and I think this is the only kind of brush that's going to work with this blush. But using it this way the blush definitely won't last long. Nevermind. Not my favourite.

on 3/24/2011 4:50:00 AM

I am very fair (NC 15).For some reason I could not get this to show up on me, it would almost disappear into my skin. I wish this one would have worked I love the pale-peachiness of it and think it would look great for spring. I found the formula of this blush chalky, poorly pigmented and hard to work with. I ended up returning it :(

on 3/13/2011 3:13:00 PM

Love this blush. I'm NC15, and it shows up really nicely. It can actually get pretty bright if I build it up. I always put a lot of thought into it before I buy a NARS blush, because they are pretty expensive, but no regrets about this one :)

on 3/13/2011 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this blush. I was hesitant to buy it at first because it looked really light for my skintone(NC35). However once I applied it to my skin it just looked really pretty. It gives you a natural peach flush, it is very buildable as well. Would really recommend this blush.

on 3/10/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

SO impressed by this unconventional NARS item. I was initially very turned off by the chalky appearance, but once I actually applied it to the cheeks it gave the hint of blush I was looking for. I used to be very into Nars blushes, but lately have been turned off by them because of their high pigmented quality. Maybe b.c I'm getting older, but bright blushes and shimmers are things I don't reach for anymore. Although, this blush definitely won't show up on darker skintones, it shows up on my medium/olive/MAC NC35 skin. I like that I can never overdo it with this blush no matter how heavy handed I am. This is now my go-to, foolproof, subdued-enough-for-daytime, "barely there-makeup" look.

Popular Blush Products