BeneFit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl

on 2/3/2012 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Got the sample size in a kit with Erase Paste and The Pore Professional. Was excited to try it out, but felt like it didn't show up on my tan skin. I feel like the pinkish-golden tone would suit me, but I didn't see a difference. Maybe because it was in a squeeze-tube? Or maybe I didn't use enough? Tried quite a few times to apply it and with different foundations, but just didn't make a difference. Don't think it's suited for tan/darker skin tones.

on 1/22/2012 11:07:00 AM

I really wish I could love this product, but I don't. This doesnt seem to show up glowy like I hoped. From now on, i'm going to stick with high beam.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really liked this product. At first I really didn't understand this product because it didn't really show up when I first applied it, but then I read the package and it said something like "shows up in sunlight" or whatever. I don't feel it's too glittery, and the golden pink hue compliments my skin tone. The packaging is very cute, but the twist bottom is kind of awkward to use. Sometimes I'll open the cap up and there will be product already coming out of the holes. The price is a little ridiculous, it was $30 plus tax, but you do get a lot of product. If you have a coupon for Ulta or a rewards program, you should definitely check out this product. Sometimes I'll use it as an eye shadow primer or as an eyebrow highlighter.

One of my favorite highlighters. It looks like a glow/shimmer, not glitter. It looks gold on me. I put it on my cheek and brow bones. Love the packaging as well. Its a twist up so its always the perfect amount

on 10/23/2011 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first highlighter and I love it so much! It smells good and a little bit goes a long way. It makes my face look radiance and dewy. For that price I think it is not too expensive because I dont use it that much, and maybe it takes 2 years or so to finish.

I like the packaging, it is cute. Sometimes I apply it using my fingers or brush. I put it on my cheek bone, brow bone, nose, chin, and forehead.

on 10/2/2011 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

After a good bit of research, including a sample of YSL Touche Éclat, I decided that Benefit's Girl Meet Pearl was my best bet. I love the concept of the product, and the shimmer is quite beautiful for highlighting cheekbones.

- First, the price is reasonable for the amount of product. The Touche-Éclat (and other similar products) are way overpriced. I get that they are allegedly invisible, except for the purpose of drawing light to some areas, but I prefer subtle (if such a nuance can be made).
- Second, the smell of Girl Meets Pearl is just fabulous. I'm not exactly sure what the scent is, but its just that perfect beauty parlor scent.
- Third, the packaging is hygienic (twist cap) and waste proof. Hopefully, this will last a long time.

EDIT (12/07/2012): I have to reiterate that I simply love the smell of this product, so please do not hesitate msg me if you know of a scent dupe. Now back to the review, I still love this product but application can a bit tricky since it dries quite fast. I also feel it applies oddly over liquid foundation, kind of like it can't be properly dabbed or patted on.

on 9/22/2011 7:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product is WAY overpriced for what it is, but I always feel like my face is kind of dark and this does a pretty nice job of brightening it up a little without making me look too shiney. It's not super shimmery, which is nice for those of us who can't really pull off shimmer in our normal day-to-day. The only reason I won't buy this again is because I'll be buying "That Gal" instead, which has the same effect but with less shimmer.

on 9/7/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I wanted to try a highlighter for my dull skin without any glitter. I find it very hard to find a product that actually adds a SHEEN to your skin and not anything chunky or glittery. This definitely works for me! During the day I actually apply it to my entire face (except the areas I contour) and it adds the perfect golden glow without ANY chunks of shimmer. It makes my skin look healthy and perfect, I don't notice any pink in it at all. When im going out, only to the cheeks and forehead.

I notice this product does shift my foundation so I tap it in before my foundation dries and I don't need to use powder, it kind of sets it for me.

*nc44 for reference

i love this i dont just use this as a highlighter i love it on my eye lids as a eye shadow it amazing to just brighten up your skin :)

on 7/25/2011 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i love this product, it is my favourite highlighter and my favourite overall eyelid colour.
i have found the right application for this, i like to pop it onto a sponge then dab the cream all over my face.
the sponge makes the cream spread out abit more and doesnt put too much product on my face. the cream seems to be pink in colour but when i put it on my face its more like really finely gold pigments that picks up on sunlight. i am an NC40 and this is the perfect gold colour on me.
i like to put this over my foundation then put my blush on, that way it works better and i can work the blush into the apples on my cheeks.
i think that this is my HG highlighter, i like this much better than MAC soft & gentle, napoleon's gleamer. ive only ever tried these and benefit moonbeam and highbeam (girl meets pearl still beats these)

the packaging i believe is practical. you can control how much comes out. and any woman would know not to paste the stick on your face anyway. you should use your fingers, brush or sponge.
the smell is pleasant and sweet.
i would like to try this out as a highlighter for my whole face, like underneath my foundation (like they use the strobe liquid for)

the price is very expensive for the amount that you get; though i would buy again because i am obsessed with this stuff!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products