December 22, 2014 | 1716 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Girl Meets Pearl

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by flowerbobon

This is my first highlighter and I love it so much! It smells good and a little bit goes a long way. It makes my face look radiance and dewy. For that price I think it is not too expensive because I dont use it that much, and maybe it takes 2 years or so to finish.

I like the packaging, it is cute. Sometimes I apply it using my fingers or brush. I put it on my cheek bone, brow bone, nose, chin, and forehead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by SleepingBag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After a good bit of research, including a sample of YSL Touche Éclat, I decided that Benefit's Girl Meet Pearl was my best bet. I love the concept of the product, and the shimmer is quite beautiful for highlighting cheekbones.

- First, the price is reasonable for the amount of product. The Touche-Éclat (and other similar products) are way overpriced. I get that they are allegedly invisible, except for the purpose of drawing light to some areas, but I prefer subtle (if such a nuance can be made).
- Second, the smell of Girl Meets Pearl is just fabulous. I'm not exactly sure what the scent is, but its just that perfect beauty parlor scent.
- Third, the packaging is hygienic (twist cap) and waste proof. Hopefully, this will last a long time.

EDIT (12/07/2012): I have to reiterate that I simply love the smell of this product, so please do not hesitate msg me if you know of a scent dupe. Now back to the review, I still love this product but application can a bit tricky since it dries quite fast. I also feel it applies oddly over liquid foundation, kind of like it can't be properly dabbed or patted on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is WAY overpriced for what it is, but I always feel like my face is kind of dark and this does a pretty nice job of brightening it up a little without making me look too shiney. It's not super shimmery, which is nice for those of us who can't really pull off shimmer in our normal day-to-day. The only reason I won't buy this again is because I'll be buying "That Gal" instead, which has the same effect but with less shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by keshialee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a highlighter for my dull skin without any glitter. I find it very hard to find a product that actually adds a SHEEN to your skin and not anything chunky or glittery. This definitely works for me! During the day I actually apply it to my entire face (except the areas I contour) and it adds the perfect golden glow without ANY chunks of shimmer. It makes my skin look healthy and perfect, I don't notice any pink in it at all. When im going out, only to the cheeks and forehead.

I notice this product does shift my foundation so I tap it in before my foundation dries and I don't need to use powder, it kind of sets it for me.

*nc44 for reference

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

i love this i dont just use this as a highlighter i love it on my eye lids as a eye shadow it amazing to just brighten up your skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this product, it is my favourite highlighter and my favourite overall eyelid colour.
i have found the right application for this, i like to pop it onto a sponge then dab the cream all over my face.
the sponge makes the cream spread out abit more and doesnt put too much product on my face. the cream seems to be pink in colour but when i put it on my face its more like really finely gold pigments that picks up on sunlight. i am an NC40 and this is the perfect gold colour on me.
i like to put this over my foundation then put my blush on, that way it works better and i can work the blush into the apples on my cheeks.
i think that this is my HG highlighter, i like this much better than MAC soft & gentle, napoleon's gleamer. ive only ever tried these and benefit moonbeam and highbeam (girl meets pearl still beats these)

the packaging i believe is practical. you can control how much comes out. and any woman would know not to paste the stick on your face anyway. you should use your fingers, brush or sponge.
the smell is pleasant and sweet.
i would like to try this out as a highlighter for my whole face, like underneath my foundation (like they use the strobe liquid for)

the price is very expensive for the amount that you get; though i would buy again because i am obsessed with this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Dspinup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful golden pink on me! I use it on bare skin (don't use foundation on my cheeks), under Benefit Coralista. This is really pretty on its own but the combination is gorgeous!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by feen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looks so pretty and golden when I put it down my nose to give a slimming affect on my cheekbones after I contour them and on my temples I roll the bottom three times and dot it along my cheek bone in a c-motion then use a stippling brush to blend in it works better...only problem is it does not last for not even a hour and its super expensive for the amount they give which isn't much looking at the size of tube and if I can only find a liquid luminizer that's has a pretty color and last

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I really didn't like this product. It seemed to do nothing for me. And the worst part is the price. I mean $30 is crazy. I found s better highlighter for half the price at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the colour of this, it gives a lovely sheen without looking too sparkly but it doesn't seem to stay for long and sometimes, because it's a liquid, it tends to make your foundation underneath look cakey. I haven't quite got the application right yet, perhaps it's better to put it on with a brush and then powder over the top.

There's not a lot of product for the money but as with most Benefit items, the packaging's funky and fun, even if it's not that practical.

Still looking for an HG highlighter that gives a sheeny glow with no sparkly bits. Might try some powders instead.

Wouldn't buy again, too pricey for what it is.