April 18, 2014 | 1743 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Girl Meets Pearl

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not a fan. The packaging style, while cute and unique looking, is not great. I get the feeling there is not very much product in there, but there is no real way to tell. As a highlighter it is sub-par and a little greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by KeeleySiobhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is really great for nights that you want a little extra to look nice, but could be a bit much for everyday wear. The packaging has had a few explosions, which aren't the biggest deal, but it's definitely a bit annoying when you try to get a teeny bit of product and you take off the cap and realized it's gobbed up everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by bella23000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first highlighter I bought from Benefit. It gives a very subtle sheen. And I would say it's a sheen rather than shimmer. If you like the natural look like I do then this does the job. I like makeup that doesn't look like you have any. I do agree with one of the posters that said when you rub it in your face, it does rub off the cream blush I put it on top off. That's not a deal breaker for me though. I will purchase this again but not full price. Best to get it during Sephora F&F

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't like it at all. I applied it over my foundation. It made a mess and created a cakey look over my cheek bones. I tried it a few times and ended up with same result. I guess I should stick with a powder highlighter since cream ones are very difficult to blend. I'm returning this one.. The reason I gave it 2 lippies instead of one is because it has a very subtle glow which is what I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

changing my mind about this one, i really couldnt see a difference between this and the highbeam indoors, but wow is all i can say when i went outside. such a diiference! its more of a bronzy color that is gorgeous. and you dont need that much so im sure the tube will last a while

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't like the golden sheen. I much more prefer iridescence or some actual kind of pearly sheen, not gold. I tested this at Sephora, so I won't buy it. Costs too much anyway & the packaging is unnecessarily clunky.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by virtah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is a dulled version of Moon beam and gives less of a sheen, so if you want a very subtle glow, this is for you. But i have found more problems than pros.
The packaging, is...odd. I've never understood Benifits packaging, it put me off buying their products for a very long time because it seems immature and unprofessional. But this product comes in a twisty thing haha and i can think of so many better ways to have this product dispensed than the one Benifit have chosen and i dont know why they did this. I like moon beams packaging, much more practical.
The other issue is that when it is applied over your make-up as a highlighter, it rubs off the already applied make-up!!! This really bugs me as it was the whole reason i bought it and i cant use it this way. But if you dont wear any face make-up this would look lovely over moisturiser to give you a ittle sheen for the day

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I've tried a bunch of highlighters recently and concluded I like ones with a blue undertone rather than a yellow one, despite or maybe because my skin has yellow undertones. This is very yellow, not at all what I expected from the name. To me a pearl has a white glow, or blue undertone, not all pearls of course, the the traditional look of pearls is that way and what I wanted. That said, its a nice enough highlighter, pretty and good if its the look you're going for.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am against buying most Benefit cosmetics because I think they're overpriced, but had to get this one since I could not find a dupe anywhere. I would say Girl Meets Pearl has a very fine but dense consistency. The golden shimmer particles are very small so it is not grainy or glittery at all, yet it reflects and diffuses light so beautifully. I dab it over my foundation on my cheekbones, the inner corners of my eyes and cupid's bow, and just run whatever's left down the bridge of my nose. It does not accentuate any lines, pores or bumpy surfaces like High Beam did. For reference I am a warm toned NC25. I cut two lippies though because despite the miracle it does it is still too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by IndiaRobyn

I tried this product in America, Before it was released in the UK. The lady was like let me put it on you and to be honest i was like WOW, This is amazing. Soon as i got home i purchased this product and it was brand new in the UK. I think this is a brilliant product i really do. The smell is amazing and the product has a lovely highlight to it, Like a pinky/pearly colour. However, I am not sure if this product really does me a lot of justice. It's very very expensive i think. I do like it though, Just not in love with it like i once was.