April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Primrose

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by chchunstershkba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful colour; a nice baby pink with blue undertones.
The reason why I wouldn't buy this product again is because of my skin tone.
Many of us here who have a more medium skin tone (whether you have an olive or yellow undertone) seem to have a little bit of trouble with the shade matching our skin. Its true, it clashes a bit with my skin tone and I end up looking a little costumey drag queenish. I fix this by putting a more warmer toned peachy lipgloss over it. But the colour is truly beautiful!
I agree with another reviewer who wrote this, but for darker skin tones we REALLY recommend you try Rimmel's Vintage Pink. It has the same blue undertone, but it is not a baby pink but a little more rosy pink and suits tanner skin tones PERFECTLY. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by ChristaLovesMakeup

This is one of my favorite lipsticks. Great shade of pink and works well with my skintone

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color but it's too cool tone fOr my warm coloring! I'm still going to try and make use of this lipstick. On my lips, it's a super bright baby pink with a noticeable lavender undertone to it. For sheer color, I just dab or top off with a pinky lipstick to tone down the color. Such a shame because the color and package are so gorgeous. I think a suitable dupe for this color for warm skintones would be rimmel's moisture renew lipstick in "vintage pink".

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by aznmonkey6

I love this lipstick! I have pretty pigmented lips so its great for toning them down into a great cute pink color. The texture is suuupppeerrr creamy, which is AWESOMEEE. I also love the gold and black packaging. Definitely a repurchase if I ever run out. I cannn be a bit light for me, so adding a brighter lip gloss on top turns it into the perfect color. (i would try adding nyx tea rose megalipshine on top ;) )

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by erwachenspring

Creamy with great color payoff.

It has cool undertones but worked very well on my very pale, warm skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by clee50841

I love the color of this lipstick but it doesnt last very long. Also, it doesnt go on as smoothly as MAC lipsticks do. I have to reapply frequently, thats the only downside but it is a great color so no regrets in buying this...its much prettier then "Fair Nude" from Loreal...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

this looks different through the clear lid than on my lips. Wearing it, it's more of a pale blue-pink nicely pigmented. I really like it!! I am new to Revlon lippies, but I love how creamy they are!

*EDIT*

so this shade doesn't work for me. I think I am too warm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

I bought this shade (Primrose) thinking it would be a really nice soft pink on me but I discovered once I tried it that it is quite a frosty pale pink with a hint of lavender.

This shade doesn't work on me at all even though I'm fair to medium (MAC NC20).

I guess my neutral to yellow undetone clashes with this cool lipstick.

I think it would only flatter very fair people with cool/blue undertones.

The quality and price are outstanding though and I would buy this product again, only next time in a different shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyncleaveley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EXCELLENT!!!! perfect shade of pink..BUY IT!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I love the revlon lustrous lipstick line but this particular color doesn't work for me. It's not the shade, it's how light the pigment is. To get an opaque color out of it you have to put on like 3 layers and then it looks cakey. It just goes on too light for my taste, though I suppose that may be a plus for some people.