July 30, 2014 | 1946 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lac66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i was so excited to buy this mascara, but when I got home and used it, I was so disappointed. It is really clumpy and lasts for like 2 hours (sometimes not even that). i basically threw 8 pounds in the bin :( what a waste!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I like this DS mascara. After reading something about it I thought it worth a try - and I do that a lot in search of a really good mascara be it high end or low - and think it is as good a mascara as I have had in the past year. I like the brush (skinny but effective) and the consistency is good with no flaking or smearing in my experience. It is not the most volume creating mascara I have found but I usually use it in conjunction with my Cover Girl 24 hour Last Blast and the combo works well. Definitely as effective as either Tarte's "Lights Camera Lashes" or Benefit's "They're Real" as both of those higher end mascaras are good at lengthening but not so great with volume. Recommend this for the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

A terrible, terrible mascara. I never really like mascaras that rimmel make. But this is the one I really hate. Cost me $19.99 (I know, cosmetics in Australia are outrageous ). Straight to the bin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by materialface

do NOT buy this mascara. If you buy it, buy it in fear that it's defected with no wand stopper inside of it.

I purchased this on sale at Shoppers drug mart for $5.99 CAD. Unfortunately I threw out the reciept right after because I figured I wouldn't need it since I've tried the other version of this mascara. I didn't open it until the next morning (today), and the packaging of this mascara is the cheapest I've ever come across. And so I open the mascara and low and behold, a HUGE clump of the product comes out. The wand stopper that sits at the top of the tube was MISSING!!! this is a horrible defect. I'm extremely upset that I didn't keep my reciept. But that's not the main issue here. The issue is with RIMMEL selling defected mascaras. Never agian will I purchase a Rimmel mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by MeganAshleigh92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't say it makes your lashes grow at all. Picked this up cheap in a shop. I have to say I normally hate Rimmel products and whilst it's not a perfect mascara it is surprisingly good for a clumpless look. It keeps your lashes nice and separated also so you look near natural but with more length.
I wouldn't buy it again because I have better options but it's probably the only Rimmel piece I've ever liked.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by kimhachey

This is my favorite mascara ever! I've tried other brands but always go back to this. it really did make my lashes grow, in fact I've been asked a few times if my eyelashes were real :) I really love it and its super cheap, which is a big plus. It also doesn't dry up in the tube like some other mascaras I've had. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this exclusively for months and repurchased it once in that time. I have to say, the "will grow your lashes" claim did not seem real to me, my lashes looked no different. For that I will knock off a lippie, since that's the main claim this mascara makes.

HOWEVER, I do like the mascara itself! I've moved on to something that is more dramatic, but I will still reach for this. Sometimes I will even use this first, to give me length and separation, then use a more volumizing mascara over it. It gives more length, but not really much volume. Very black, separates well, I never have clumping or dryness/flakiness, and it just feels very smooth. It is one of the "smoothest" feeling mascara I have ever used - it glides on so easily, like it's very wet, but it doesn't run or transfer like really wet mascaras do.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by VanessaHuynh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible! This mascara was a waste of money for me. I have long but straight lashes. Even if I have curled them beforehand, this mascara makes them droopy and faced towards the floor. It gives no volume as well as length ... The only thing it did is painting my lashes black. That's it! I don't know if it really grows your lashes longer after a month, but for me, once try is too much for me to give it another go. Wouldn't recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara. I have short, thin lashes. While I'm not sure if it grows my lashes as it promises, it definitely feels like it conditions them. It's a buildable and separating. If you want super thick/dramatic lashes or a super volumizing mascara, I don't think this will be for you. It's a good daytime mascara. It separates my lashes quite well, and it's not thick or goopy or anything. It kinda loses its intensity after a couple of hours (I don't have the waterproof one). I like this mascara, though! Still on the hunt for HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Rlarkin

This really lengthens my lashes. I love it! It doesnt dry very quickly. It does wash off easily...so much black around my eyes once it's wet- for me that's a pro tho as I don't want to scrub my eyes to death to get makeup off.