December 22, 2014 | 1700 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by TorieButterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First or all, I wear contacts and nowhere on the label does it say "Contact lens safe," which should have been a sign. I decided to try it, anyway. You know, give it the benefit of the doubt. I now understand why it's not contact lens safe. It hurt my eyes so bad, along with didn't do anything for my lashes. I was absolutely miserable when I wore this mascara. Needless to say, I took it back to the store and got something else that was safe for contact lens wearers. If you don't wear contacts, I'm sure this would work for you. Contact lens wearers, beware!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by mascaraloverforlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I. LOVE. THIS. this is one of the best mascaras i've ever used. it really does lengthen your lashes. don't expect it to add volume since it's a LENGTHENING mascara. i don't understand why people complain about it not adding volume.

PROS:
+definitely adds length
+holds the curl
+grows your lashes (this doesn't work for everyone but it did work for me!)
+separates lashes really well
+no clumps

CONS:
-it flakes throughout the day but it's just a minor problem :)

if you like a lengthening mascara that can also grow your lashes, give this mascara a chance! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great, especially for bottom lashes. Wand is thin and plastic. The bristles grab onto every lash. Does a wonderful job of separating and lengthening without making lashes look spidery. I can't attest to how well it keeps curl because my first coat of mascara is always a waterproof one. Definitely would repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another so-so mascara from Rimmel. I would rebuy this in a pinch... however, there are better products out there. I think this mascara does a great job lengthening and separating the lashes. However, it doesn't really do much for me in terms of volume. It sorta depends on your priorities. I wanted to love it - I LIKE it, but I'm not in love. I keep hoping Rimmel will come out with a HG mascara - I absolutely love their lipsticks, scandaleyes eyeliner pencils, and stay matte powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lizzylikeslipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't noticed this making my lashes grow any longer, but as a mascara it is good. It isn't clumpy, it gives a bit of volume, and lengthens well (it has fibres in the formula). The wand is synthetic and quite average, not massive but not tiny, with little evenly spaced bristles. My only cons would be that it doesn't actually help your lashes grow noticeably over time, and it doesn't curl my lashes. Overall, this is a good everyday mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Beelah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once I tried this mascara I never looked anywhere else. It doesn't clump, and lengthens my lashes just like it promises to!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lac66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i was so excited to buy this mascara, but when I got home and used it, I was so disappointed. It is really clumpy and lasts for like 2 hours (sometimes not even that). i basically threw 8 pounds in the bin :( what a waste!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I like this DS mascara. After reading something about it I thought it worth a try - and I do that a lot in search of a really good mascara be it high end or low - and think it is as good a mascara as I have had in the past year. I like the brush (skinny but effective) and the consistency is good with no flaking or smearing in my experience. It is not the most volume creating mascara I have found but I usually use it in conjunction with my Cover Girl 24 hour Last Blast and the combo works well. Definitely as effective as either Tarte's "Lights Camera Lashes" or Benefit's "They're Real" as both of those higher end mascaras are good at lengthening but not so great with volume. Recommend this for the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

A terrible, terrible mascara. I never really like mascaras that rimmel make. But this is the one I really hate. Cost me $19.99 (I know, cosmetics in Australia are outrageous ). Straight to the bin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by materialface

do NOT buy this mascara. If you buy it, buy it in fear that it's defected with no wand stopper inside of it.

I purchased this on sale at Shoppers drug mart for $5.99 CAD. Unfortunately I threw out the reciept right after because I figured I wouldn't need it since I've tried the other version of this mascara. I didn't open it until the next morning (today), and the packaging of this mascara is the cheapest I've ever come across. And so I open the mascara and low and behold, a HUGE clump of the product comes out. The wand stopper that sits at the top of the tube was MISSING!!! this is a horrible defect. I'm extremely upset that I didn't keep my reciept. But that's not the main issue here. The issue is with RIMMEL selling defected mascaras. Never agian will I purchase a Rimmel mascara.