Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really wanted to like this! It made my lashes look great, had a great price and wand... but it was Soooo wet!! It took literally 5 minutes to dry and it would get everywhere in the space of time! But once it dried it was golden. I usually layered it with Maybelline's The Falsies (my HG) to get it to dry a bit faster if nothing else. But for those of y'all who don't mind a longer drying time this is great!

UPDATE:
I started layering this with Maybelline Colossal Volume... and wow! Great combo! This still takes a while to dry but if you layer another over top while it's still slightly tacky, you get fabulous results!

on 6/28/2013 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very average type of mascara to me.

Yes, it's very lengthening and I was actually quite shocked and pleased when I first used it, but I just find that the length is way too much without the added volume, and the result ends up looking really strange. Not the most clump-free mascara either. I was really expecting better.

on 6/27/2013 2:24:00 PM

I love this mascara! I've been wearing it for a few years now and as a contact lens wearer I have never had a problem. It lasts all day and it's easy to get off with a little soap and water. The brush is the perfect size too which I find important because I can't use the gigantic brushes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First or all, I wear contacts and nowhere on the label does it say "Contact lens safe," which should have been a sign. I decided to try it, anyway. You know, give it the benefit of the doubt. I now understand why it's not contact lens safe. It hurt my eyes so bad, along with didn't do anything for my lashes. I was absolutely miserable when I wore this mascara. Needless to say, I took it back to the store and got something else that was safe for contact lens wearers. If you don't wear contacts, I'm sure this would work for you. Contact lens wearers, beware!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I. LOVE. THIS. this is one of the best mascaras i've ever used. it really does lengthen your lashes. don't expect it to add volume since it's a LENGTHENING mascara. i don't understand why people complain about it not adding volume.

PROS:
+definitely adds length
+holds the curl
+grows your lashes (this doesn't work for everyone but it did work for me!)
+separates lashes really well
+no clumps

CONS:
-it flakes throughout the day but it's just a minor problem :)

if you like a lengthening mascara that can also grow your lashes, give this mascara a chance! :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This mascara is great, especially for bottom lashes. Wand is thin and plastic. The bristles grab onto every lash. Does a wonderful job of separating and lengthening without making lashes look spidery. I can't attest to how well it keeps curl because my first coat of mascara is always a waterproof one. Definitely would repurchase this!

on 5/26/2013 2:27:00 PM

Another so-so mascara from Rimmel. I would rebuy this in a pinch... however, there are better products out there. I think this mascara does a great job lengthening and separating the lashes. However, it doesn't really do much for me in terms of volume. It sorta depends on your priorities. I wanted to love it - I LIKE it, but I'm not in love. I keep hoping Rimmel will come out with a HG mascara - I absolutely love their lipsticks, scandaleyes eyeliner pencils, and stay matte powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I haven't noticed this making my lashes grow any longer, but as a mascara it is good. It isn't clumpy, it gives a bit of volume, and lengthens well (it has fibres in the formula). The wand is synthetic and quite average, not massive but not tiny, with little evenly spaced bristles. My only cons would be that it doesn't actually help your lashes grow noticeably over time, and it doesn't curl my lashes. Overall, this is a good everyday mascara.

on 5/16/2013 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Once I tried this mascara I never looked anywhere else. It doesn't clump, and lengthens my lashes just like it promises to!

on 3/28/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i was so excited to buy this mascara, but when I got home and used it, I was so disappointed. It is really clumpy and lasts for like 2 hours (sometimes not even that). i basically threw 8 pounds in the bin :( what a waste!

Popular Mascaras