October 21, 2014 | 1603 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by fatima1087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have a VERY oily skin and it keeps matte for a long time! It also really is a LONGWEAR ! i wear it at 6am and stays on until 6pm! the only complain i have is the coverage .. other than that its amazing and would buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only foundation from MAC that doesn't break my skin out ( in acne or bumps). However I dislike it because the coverage is poor- sheer to medium at the very best. It does not cover blemishes, and it just barely evens out my skin tone. It also makes me look like a greaseball in two hours, so there is no oil control whatsoever. And if that's not bad enough, it gets cakey through the day and separates so my face looks blotchy and gross. I've tried to find better coverage - Estée Lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay- both had awesome coverage and lasting power, but both causes bumps, blackheads and pimples. I'm beginning to doubt if there is such thing as a long wearing, full coverage, non- acnegenic foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do love the studio fix fluid but this is lovely :-)

I would say that this is better at oil control and longer lasting. Plus the finish is not as matte as the studio fix fluid. It is very blendable and buildable and i would say it provides medium to full coverage rather than sheer to medium.

I am currently using the real techniques complexion sponge to apply this and it works a treat but i have previuosly used a stippling brush (again real techniques) and the coverage was great with that too.

The only negative i have found with the pro longwear is hat the colours do run slightly darker compared to studio fix fluid. At the moment i am NC30 in studio fix fluid but with the pro longwear i am NC35! Saying that i do really like the oil control, coverage and blendability (you also get a bit of a glow which i personally love) but i can't say that this will replace my studio fix fluid as that is a foundation that never fails me come rain, shine, heat etc!!! x

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Jennypye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately it doesn't fully cover my blemishes, and if I layer it on more, it would clog my pores and I would break out. I find myself often never reaching for this foundation in the morning for an everyday look, because I find it can be too cakey. I often reach for the beautifully matte foundation by No7, this is probably my go-to foundation.
Another problem I had with this foundation is mac does not stay true to their colours, I bought NC30 for both pro long wear and studio fix fluid thinking it would be the same colour. I was very naive in thinking that, when I applied the pro long wear and it was twice as yellow as studio fix fluid. I had to exchange it for NC25 and was more happy with this colour, I like that the consistency is silky but that just mean I have to apply more?
Overall this foundation does stay on for the whole day or whole night if you go out, it has become my 'special occasion foundation' but I don't think I would buy this foundation again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

ok I hate this. I actually HATE it. Hard to blend, strange clown like colours, paint like texture....it just sits like a yellow blob on the skin. I believe it lasts long, but the way ur skin looks in it is just gross. Rubbish....Bin it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by bronyaleavesley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely foundation!! Absolutely amazing coverage and matte finish. Makes skin look flawless. However the high coverage makes it a bit harsh for during the day. Slight problem with exaggerating pores but this can be stopped by using a good primer!! With NC15 skin this foundation is slightly dark but still lovely!! Would buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by roisindoherty99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I heard amazing reviews about this.
When i was on London a while back i went to buy it.
I'm NC15 in Mac Mineralise Moisture SPF 15 Foundation, and i said to myself "Sure NC15 must be the same colour in all the foundations" .
Turns out it's not, it's much darker in Pro Long wear, I was raging when i went to put it on!..... It's a great foundation and i only use it for when I have Fake tan on. Its so much darker than the normal NC15 dose anyone know why?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by sannakim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this foundation to be for special occasions only. It does not look natrual no matter how you apply it, and it does not photograph well. It last a long time, and does not slip and slipe around my face. You have to be careful, cause it can look cakey. Also what I don't understand is why the pro longwear foundations are so orange? But anyway, it stays put for a long time, so I'll give it some stars for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Makeupdoll143

This foundation is great! Very nice full coverage with one layer on me and just dabbing a little more on troubled spots. So easy to blend cause it doesn't dry so fast like Mac's Studio Fix Fluid does.

I feel I have larger pores and this does NOT excentuate them it actually covers them nicely! I have a huge problem with makeup settling into my laugh and forehead lines and this actually made it look like I didn't even have a smile line on one side and the other side was slightly there! I could not believe it!

I have oily/combo skin and when used with my Becca Matte primer I do not start getting oily even hours later which is amazing for me since things like Mac Studio Fix Fluid and Nars Sheer Glow are great when first applied but literally melt off and I'm an oily mess by hour 2 or 3 even with a great primer!

I also tend to blow my nose a lot during the day and makeup will become patchy there and come off but this foundation really stays put and is easy to blend back around my nose after using a tissue!

I can't say enough good things about this product, it has everything I need in a foundation, staying power and flawlessness! Only complaint is the lightest shade is a tad bit too dark for me so pale skin ladies might not like this but I just apply a very light colored powder over it and it seems to work! I'm an NW13 in studio fix but their lightest shade in Prolongwear is NW15 :/

Bur there are so many pros I overlook this! Plus Mac just feels so luxurious to put on and wear and I like the smell :)
Hope this helped some with my kind of skin problems as I don't read about these problems much on here.
Def my new HG:) xo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by kristynad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation.
Was using Face and Body before, but was looking for something with slightly higher coverage, but not full, so I decided to try Pro Longwear.
There´s a lot of shades on the market, so it wasn´t a problem to pick one for my very light skintone.

The foundation is a bit runny, but it is kinda hard to apply, you have to work fast. Even though I have a very light shade, I can´t really build the coverage - on builded spots it oxidizes and gets a lot darker making the imperfection more visible. It has a very nice finish, it´s not matte and it´s not as dewy as the Face and body, it looks very natural and nice. I don´t need to use setting powder with this one, it lasts perfectly all day looking as good as in the morning.

The packaging is not perfect, I like the fact, that it goes with a pump, but the pump is a bit messy and it´s moving all the time. The price could be also better, but one bottle lasts for a really long time (9 months or so).

Overall, I really like this foundation as the finish is super natural and it lasts all day.