September 2, 2014 | 1681 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by mobrien222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the past year I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation for me - a foundation that's like my skin only better - this is it for me. I've spent a fortune trying out all the most popular ones: Giorgio Armani luminous silk, Giorgio Armani maestro, Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere, Bareminerals, YSL le teint. This is perfect for me. So natural and easy to blend. I love it. So glad I found it! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by xruthjox

I was previously using Benefit Oxygen Wow which was dreadful on my combination skin. This is the best Matte foundation I have ever used... No shine to wipe away all day!! Does soak into pores a little but provides full coverage and does so without being cakey.. Perfect. I do however agree, it does soak into fine lines I never noticed I had without make up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd been searching all over for a foundation that lasts all day. This was one in many that I tried. The finish is nice, not too drying. A few times I wore this I got compliments (no one ever seems to compliment my make up) so that was nice. One young woman went as far as so say it looked like I had no make up on, just great skin.

The only issue for me is the lasting power. Its no better than any other foundation I have tried. I couldn't decide if I should chose yes or no to buying again. On one hand, the compliments are nice - but on the other the lasting power is not good (on me no more than 3-4 hours). I also think the reason this looks good on me is the color. It has just enough yellow to flatter my skin tone. One note - I wear NC35 in Studio Fix, C4 in Face and Body, NC37 in one other Mac foundation (can't remember which) but an NC 30 in this. It seems to me the colors run dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by 1IrishGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best thing I can say is that the color match was spot on. However, it slides into my wrinkles and makes them more noticeable no matter how much I use, how it's applied and, which primer is underneath. Disappointing, to say the least and, I will NOT repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Ozzy123

Great foundation one of my favourite mac foundations lasts all day would definitely recommend pro long wear !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by zmarie100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first bought this in NC20 as it had been a good summer and i was a little darker than usual. I re ordered this twice more in this shade then realised it was time for me to use NC15 (winter) . Though it says otherwise on the website, I would definitely say this foundation provides medium to buildable coverage. It completely evens out my skin tone and covers all minor blemishes. It takes a good 5 minutes to dry. Without powder it gives a dewy finish after a few hours, a tiny bit shiny but not in a greasy way, it looks healthy. I don't have naturally oily skin. With powder the foundation last a little longer and has fuller coverage.
If I apply this foundation 8am with a full face of makeup it lasts me all day and if I'm going out at night I usually just touch up the powder. Amazingly long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by nsjet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading the great reviews here, I rushed off to MAC yesterday and bought this foundation. I walked out of the store feeling guilty as I've still got half a bottle left of my Studio Fix Fluid (my go-to foundation).

I applied this around 7:30am this morning and I checked my face around 1pm today. Wow! Usually, I will have an oily t-zone around this time. To my pleasant surprise, my t-zone did not look like I had splashed olive oil on my face. There was a slight sheen (and I mean oh so slight) but the foundation was still intact, hadn't' budged and looking pretty good if I do say so myself. Also, I stepped out of the office today to do some shopping, walked for about 20 minutes and had a hot curry for lunch (which always makes my face sweat). But after all of that, I still look like a fresh faced baby! Okay, not quite, but still pretty good!

It is a mild day in Melbourne, Australia but I will definitely update when the temperature starts going up again.

In regards to foundation application, I am light handed. I use a sponge to apply my foundation (I know, old-school) but I press it into the skin and then apply my Kryolan translucent powder over the top. I am a powder over foundation kinda gal so for those who apply foundation alone, I can't tell you how well this will last.

The finish is semi-matte, the coverage light to medium. It is easier to blend that Studio Fix Fluid as it doesn't dry as fast. I would recommend this for combination to oily skin. Drier skin may struggle with this foundation.

I am impressed!

Overall, I would recommend this foundation and would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by karma3p80

I was reluctant to try M.A.C. because I have tried so many foundations and I was tired of spending money only to be disappointed by the product. I have combination skin with some post-acne scarring, so I like to have something that doesn't feel too heavy but also covers well. Well, I think this is the first foundation ever that I can say is worth the money, at least for my skin. It covered everything with just a light layer, has a beautiful, smooth matte finish and lasted great through the day (I did touch up with powder once, though). I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sandranicolexx

I like this foundation because it really lasts all day/night. However, i think that it is harder to blend then other foundations and it doesnt go on that smooth. also its a little to heavy for an everyday make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by MissLee83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG Foundation. Goes on smooth, lasts all day. Love it!