July 28, 2014 | 1099 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Ellam77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer does have it's good points. The coverage is great and the staying power unrivalled. However, I do have a few issues with it. Firstly and most obviously, the pump bottle's a nightmare. Secondly it's quite difficult to blend and I find that even using a thin layer it's impossible to get a finish that doesn't look fake and cakey. I'll definitely be going back to my nars radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Markella1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Do you have REALLY DARK undereye circles? Read this!

I'm very fair and the skin under my eyes is thin, so this makes my undereye area look purple-red. This has been a huge insecurity of mine, so finding the right concealer was crucial. The main thing i'm looking for is coverage.
I've tried evey concealer you can think of! Literally, i'm 25 and have been trying out concealers for years! Nothing was good enough! I couldn't find a high enough coverage, and even when i did the products had a tendency to crease or budge within a few hours, or look drying under the eyes.

This is now my HG! I don't know how i lived without it! The coverage is EXCELLENT, the highest i have ever come across. It spreads and blends very easily! It sets to a matte finish, but it's NOT drying at all! Once it sets it simply DOESN'T move, crease or budge AT ALL. I've slept with it and woke up the next day and it was still intact!
I simply couldn't be happier with it!!

I got the shade NC 20 , which is a tiiiiiiny bit too yellow for me, but since my undereye circles are purplish/pink i didn't want to add more pink to it by purchasing NW. The yellowness counteracts the purply shadows. If your dark circles are more on the blue/green side, then maybe an NW would be better for you

This is also really good on covering the occasional blemish/redness i have on my face of course! Just make sure you blend the edges well and the blemish is gonne!

The only negative i can find is the pump, which disposes more product than you need (if you only use it for undereyes and a couple of spots).
Totally recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by MissMoorman

I really like this product, it is very full coverage and covers any blemishes I have very well without needing touching up. HOWEVER, I wouldn't recommend using it in your under eye area because it creases there very easily. It does make a great eyeshadow primer and works as well for me as Urban Decay primer potions do. I hate the packaging, the pump is a waste and it's very hard to control how much product you get. The only way I've found to manipulate the pump is by pressing down extremely slowly and stopping as soon as you get the desired amount that you want. All in all, if you have a lot of blemishes or want a good eyeshadow primer, I'd recommend investing in this concealer. Otherwise, find a cheaper brand since this isn't exactly cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This concealer is great to use in areas you want to highlight, and also has a decent level of coverage. The colour matches well to the skin, and blends easily. It provides all day wear. What I do not like on this product is the pump. I love products which come with a pump, but this pump is not effective at all I'm afraid. I try to pump out a small bit, but I can't. It pumps out way too much, and it ends up being wasted! The product cost $32AUD so it's not cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by csprincess

This concealer is wonderful because it doesn't look cakey at all on blemishes or under eyes. They have a wide selection of colors which is nice. I also don't have to touch up my concealer throughout the day. The only thing I did not like about this product is that you cannot control how much concealer comes out of the pump. I don't have to use very much which causes me to waste a lot of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Louisaa2215

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't think this product is worth the rave, it creases underneath my eyes and it doesn't cover much. I was so disappointed. It just brightens underneath my eyes and it doesn't cover my blemish. It's a good product but not too amazing I would say. I would buy it again as it does brighten underneath my eyes and does not crease as much as all my other concealers

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Maria97F

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a good concealer that could cover my imperfections on my forehead and cheeks, i tried several without finding a concealer that I liked. I was so frustrated until i stumbled over this amazing product from MAC. It is my absolutely favorite concealer. It gives a really good coverage that last the whole day, and it blends it perfectly with my skin tone. One of my problems with concealers is that I have very sensitive skin, and therefore products very often give me spots and other forms of imperfections. I have uses this concealer for a month now, and to now it has not given me one spot. The only thing that can be a little annoying when using this concealer is that it is impossible to get just a little bit product. Although one pump very often gives me the perfect amount for my face, sometimes I need a little bit more and than I get way to much concealer out. All in all this is an amazing product that I will definitely will keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by xmidnightsunx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have prominent under eye circles plus very dry skin so I had tried a ton of highly-rated concealers with no luck; everything either didn't cover, vanished, or dried out my skin. This blew me away with its coverage and flawless finish.
Pros: a tiny amount provides excellent coverage, nearly invisible, won't dry out skin, lasts all day, minimal creasing easily fixed with finger.
Cons: packaging, requires careful blending with a brush (if you're the dab & go type, this isn't for you)
This is a stellar product but my only other complaint is that the shade I'm using (NW20) seems to get darker after I've been wearing it for a few hours. When sampling, I recommend putting your usual shade on 1 eye and going 1 shade lighter on the other and then comparing at the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Let me start by saying my under eyes don't go well with MANY products. I bought this while visiting my family in the US and buy most of my products when I go there. I saw this on soooooo many youtubers videos so I figured it might work for me too... WRONG. It was soooooo drying. I haven't had issues with my Kat Von D full coverage concealer I just wanted something a bit more brightening. This was brightening and illuminating, but man this stuff like sucked up all the moisture from the cheeks and under eyes (was going for a Kim K highlighted effect.) I am very disappointed, I REALLY wanted it to work. I do have VERY dry skin, so I am super cautious about what I put on my skin, as it can also be sensitive. I didn't bother giving it another shot, if it was super drying with lots of moisturizer, can't even imagine what it would be like in winter when my skin is at its worst! I would say price is pretty good for the amount you get. Recommended for those without super dry under eyes. Not for me. Also I actially like the packaging. I didn't find that too much came out, but then again I am super careful with the way I pump, because I was aware that others said a lot came out at once..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Narieh14

pros:
i am a big fan of this concealer as it is full coverage and lasts and lasts all day. it covers EVERYTHING and doesn't dry to a cakey finish as i though it would. The finish is good: not too shiny and not too powdery finish

cons: mac gave me the wrong shade??? i went in thinking that they would give me a nc20, which is the yellow based shade, but they gave me a nw20. it ended up looking a little too pink for my skin. i can still work with it but i recommend going out into the natural daylight and seeing if it is the right match for you, as it is a pricey product. also the pump is really annoying. it was probably made for professional muas, not regular people at home.

overall i think this is a great product, just double check you have the right shade!!!