MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/8/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I do think this product is worth the hype because it's one of the best concealers overall. It pretty much ticks all the boxes. It isn't a perfect concealer, but when you factor in the concealer and all it's attributes, the amount you get and how long it lasts, and the price... It's truly an undeniably great product. Favorite part about it is definitely how long it wears before it creases into my fine lines around my eyes, and least favorite part is that pump. ( For the most part I only use this under my eyes and around my nose. It works nicely on blemishes but I prefer studio finish concealer for that. )

on 5/7/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Everyone loves this product, and I sort of get it. I do like the coverage. So why would I not repurchase:

THE PACKAGING IS HORRIBLE!!! I know all makeup lovers are obsessed with having pumps on everything, but this packaging is so ridiculous. A glass vial? why? and having a pump means I always dispense too much. So I waste about half the product every time i use it because I can't control the pump.

This concealer costs too much for that to happen, and I'm happy to try other, cheaper alternatives when it runs out.

on 5/4/2015 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have to admit I don't understand the fuss about this product.
I have VERY bad dark circles and usually nothing can really cover them but I have been using Collection 2000 lasting finish concealer, Maybelline fit me or Estee Lauder double wear and I was quite happy with them. I decided to try Pro longwear because of great reviews and was super disappointed. The coverage is not good enough for me and the colour (NW15) oxidizes on my face and does not cover or brighten anything. The pump is horrendous as well. The above mentioned concealers are much, much better.
I understand why some people like this concealer, it has a good staying power. But if you need to cover serious things, it won't really cut it. Not worth the price.

on 5/2/2015 9:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this concealer! I use the NW15 to cover my dark circles and NC15 to conceal redness around my nose, chin, and to cover up the occasional pimple. The only thing I don't love is that the tiny pump dispenser can easily pump out too much if you're not careful. I will keep on buying.

I love this product because it covers my skin flawlessly when applied over a decent serum and moisturizer. My skin has a lot of pink undertones, and this product evens them out perfectly and blends out like a dream so you can get varying degrees of coverage. It's the perfect foundation for blush, eyeliner, lipliner, etc.

It applies well with a brush ( I use the 130 Mac Short Duo Fibre Brush. If it didn't shed all over the place I would recommend it. ) or patted into place with a finger.

My only gripe is that the bottle is glass. I barely made a dent in my first purchase and it rolled off the counter top and shattered all over the floor. I liked it so much I did buy it again though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

THIS concealer is amazing. I have really oily skin and dont know what concealer i should use. But when i try this one. Im not kidding it worked the first day. I had it on 9 hours and it still looked like it was just put on. Its amazing. Love it so mutch

on 4/23/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This didn't live up to the hype for me at all. It's very cakes and thick yet it doesn't stay on a pimple. It just smudges off and if you were to set your face with powder, the area where you put the concealer just collects so much of the powder and becomes darker than the rest of your face. Also one pump of this is way too much, but it's pretty much impossible to just do half a pump. Plus is almost 30 cdn for this little thing.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for an amazing under-eye concealer for quite some time and sadly this did not meet my expectations. The formula can be drying under the eye, and for me often made my under-eye area look cakey, dry or creased. I have tried setting it with a powder but it just doesn't seem to help me!

The one thing that is great about it is it make a perfect eye shadow primer, particularly if you have dark eyelids. It really cancels out any veins or discolouration and the shadows stay on extra long.

Personally there are some drugstore alternatives that work better for my under-eye area such as the Maybelline Fit Me concealers and the Maybelline Age Rewind.

on 4/19/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I don't reach for this much as I feel too much product is wasted. I purchased in the shade NC 44 for under eye but it does crease a lot especially if not set with a powder. reference: ELDW sandlewood, Lancome 460w, Clinique Golden).

on 4/19/2015 1:39:00 AM

This concealer gives me a flawless complexion! The coverage is very full and the formula is quite thick. Although I have to go over trickier blemish spots with a pot concealer (Estée Lauder is my go to for spots), this concealer does wonders for my base. I'm not a fan of the packaging as the pump is very hard to push down on and often dispenses too much and wastes the product, which is quite annoying considering how expensive the little tube is ($35 AUD). Overall I'm impressed and it is probably becoming a can't live without product

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

Top Rated MAC Products