August 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Book of Shadows Vol. III

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by saintoflimes

I waited around, and around, and around to buy this palette. When I looked at it, I just didn't think that I'd be able to use it. One day though, I bought it on a whim, and I am so, so glad I did. If any of you are wondering about the usage of some of the "louder" colors, believe me when I say they are totally usable! My favorite color is "Money" which is a light bluish-teal with shimmer. My second favorite color is "Bordello" which is a pigmented peachy pink. I don't care for the packaging, and feel the lighted part with the mirror is a waste because it's hard to use. Nevertheless, I would soooo buy this one again. Get it while you can!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this palette !! I just recently got into makeup about 8 months ago and i missed out on the first 2 BOS... i ended up getting the alice in wonderland palette in a swap and i bought the UD<3NYC palette. I was so happy to get it !! The pigmentation in the e/s are amazing and they are the same quality as the e/s singles... can't beat it . I feel that other brands make amazing looking palettes with a bunch of no name eye shadows that aren't necessarily the same quality of their single eye shadows.... LORAC being a great example ... Smashbox wishbox as well. I also love the fact that UD doesn't include blushes, bronzers, lipglosses or anything like that in their palettes. It's such a waste in other palettes since i end up not using them at all. I am becoming a collector of these BOS ... i would love to come across the first two and i will continue to purchase new ones !! Can't wait for the next to premier...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by indianbarbiedoll89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The palette has some really great colours. You can create both day and night looks with this palette. I like the really bright colours as i love drama. I've been using this palette everyday, even to work. = ) Suspect, Radium and Kush are my favourite colours. I haven't had a chance to use all the colours in the palette and i just can't wait to try them. = )

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by xcolormebrightx

I love Urban Decay and this palette has quite a few awesome features. I really use the blues (haute and radium) purple (psychedelic sister) and green (kush). Love love love those colors. I tend to wear bright colors, so I really don't use the more neutral shades. I am also a fan of glitter and this palette satisfies with its fair share of sparkle. I believe I picked it up from Sephora for $54 and I can't complain about the price. Even if I don't use all the shades, it is still cheaper that buying full sized shadows plus it comes with liner and primer potion. And the box is cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love LOVE my urban decay pallette. the colors just pop, although they are a bit dramatic for me since I'm 16, I use a angled eyeliner brush to use the dramatic colors as eyeliner. I also love how alot of them are so glittery, sometimes overly glittery where the glitter gets all over my face, but I like shiny shimmery things so I don't mind =) hehe. price is a bit much, maybe $35 is reasonable? but for good eyeshadows I'm not too sure

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by maebee22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My very first BOS and I must say I am remarkably impressed. What can I say I love everything about it. Even the kitschy pop up. I love that kind of flashiness. When I first opened it I was like a little kid on Christmas morning. So much fun. The shadows are beautiful and surprising to me that I actually use them ALL cuz there's always one or two in a pallette that I just overlook and have to forgive but not this one. I love to sparkle so the glimmery eyeshadows are a bonus for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I own all the Book of Shadows (Vol. 1, 2, and Alice in Wonderland, and Naked Palette). This one is not my favorite, I like Vol. 2 the best I think. That being said, Vol. 3 by itself is not a terrible product. You get 16 shadows, 2 liners, and a small primer potion. The reason I got this one was because of Money, Radium, and Suspect, the last of which being my favorite. Suspect is a great neutral shimmery taupe that looks great in smoky eyes. Radium is a bold bright blue that brings that pop factor when used in the middle of the lid or on the lower lash line. Money, which I think is the most unique shadow I've seen associated with any of the BOSs, is a bluish gray color that just ends up looking gray on my lids, so I think a dupe can easily be found. It also looks similar to Bough Grey from Give Me Liberty of London Collection from MAC. For the money, the BOSs are a great deal. What I don't like about this one is that it's thicker than the other three, must be to accomodate the cool lights in the pop-up. I wouldn't purchase it again probably because I already have all the BOSs I need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

Oh how I love this BOS 3. This is the first BOS I've ever owned.. & my 2nd UD palette (Naked being the 1st). I love how many endless looks you can create with this book. The quality of the shadows are very smooth, buttery, and easily blendable (forget MAC!). I've been an avid MAC consumer but found UD to be more appealing to my taste recently (palettes are a better deal/qualities supersede other high end brands/the packaging is uber cute). Plus the MAC palettes are typically different formulas than their original eye shadows... since the shadows are compressed into the palette into smaller sizes, the quality is different...BUT UD stays true to their game.. same great e/s quality in palette form.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to travel w/when it first came out...bad idea. This palette didn't travel well for me. But the colors (I bought like many for the purples) are nice. If you know to work w/UDs e/s they are much like all the other Book of Shadows palettes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first BOS. I got it mainly for the purples. I really love it & find it to be very pretty on me (NW10-ish). Only downside is the glitter shades!! Until I got this I never really tried any glitter e/s but now I realize that I hate it (&the fallout) w/a passion. If this palette didn't have 4 glitter shades I can't use, I would've given it 5 lippies