Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

4.1

Translucent - Silica, Kaolin, Lecithin, Lysophosphatidic Acid, Lysolecithin.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great powder, colorless, applies evenly, controls my shine for most of the day, and never looks cakey or dry. The one tiny hole in the container makes it very difficult to get the product out. On the other hand, perhaps it's that small hole that helps to dispense the right amount so it doesn't look cakey or dry, It certainly helps it last forever: one container lasted me 8 months even with almost daily use!

on 11/23/2012 3:32:00 PM

I started using this powder around 4 month ago. I like how it blends easily and does not make my face look cakey (every other powder ive tried looked cakey). I havent seen it shrinking my pores. It also does not help with oil control like i thought it would since its made of kaolin clay. But on the packaging, it does not say that this powder is suppose to help with oil control at all so i did not take off any points. I took off one point because it does not shrink my pores. My skin is super oily. My face looks oily generally 20 minutes after washing my face. And it becomes greasy after 40 minutes. This powder does not help at all. But it sets my makeup without looking cakey and it is smooth so its okay. Nothing ever helps with my oil anyway.

on 11/23/2012 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MUST BUY for oily skin. keeps my makeup matte & porcelain like. has it minimized my pores? not too sure about that. but definetly an everyday makeup MUST & one little pot also lasts forever.

on 10/20/2012 1:01:00 PM

I got a small size of this colorless, clay-based powder with a Tarte set, and I've generally been impressed with it. This finishing powder prevents oily shine for hours, and it makes my skin have a very smooth, clean, delicate texture that I have not experienced with other powders. It doesn't seem to combine with foundation to become blotchy and uneven during the day. And because it's colorless, it doesn't distort the colors of my other face products.

I find the application a bit messy, though. The jar has two tiny holes, and I have to tap it repeatedly to get more powder. The powder is also so fine that it goes flying about when I touch a brush to it. I prefer to apply my powder with a velour puff, and I find it hard to do with this powder, but that may be due to my tiny jar. Also, because this powder makes the skin so "clean," I think that it's difficult to apply other powders on top, such as highlighters. It feels like this powder prevents other powders from adhering to the skin because of the dry clay content.

All-in-all, though, I think this powder is worth trying because it does mattify the skin and produce a clean, natural finish, and it's probably great for men who want to combat oily shine.

on 10/16/2012 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

one of the only powders that work for my extremely dry skin. It doesnt show and leaves my makeup looking fresh

on 10/12/2012 10:19:00 PM

I can't pinpoint what this makes my skin look like but it's definitely the opposite of flawless. It has such a powdery white looking finish that has an artificial appearance. It really does not look natural on the skin at all. Every time I use it, I end up hating how my makeup turns out. As far as oil control goes, this actually makes me produce more oil quicker than I normally would. Sometimes when I read good reviews on products like this I wonder if maybe I'm crazy for not liking it. Either way, do not buy this. It's a gimmick and there are way better products out there.

on 8/16/2012 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was recommended this product by a Sephora sales associate that reminded me of Snooki; (that part was completely irrelevant but I just thought I'd share my story) needless to say I was a bit skeptical but I gave in to the purchase. I am so glad I did !

I actually really like this product from the packaging to the finished result it promises. Compared to the Finishing Powder from the Cover FX line, this is by far much better. This makes my foundation look amazing - keeping it looking fresh and well put together. The packaging can be a hassle if you do not know how to effectively access the product. Personally I just tip the container upside down (with the lid on of course) and give it a shake. Usually when I open the lid I will have enough product for my Powder brush. This small jar costed about 37$ CAN if I remember correctly, so it is a more expensive product on the market. However, this product has lasted me for a full eight months so far and I am relatively impressed.

I will most certainly be repurchasing this in the future and will be recommending it to friends.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got a sample size jar of this in my Sephora VIB 500 points little gift. I love it; its' the best finishing powder I've found and I'll purchase the full size version. It's very finally milled, sets make up quite well and gives a nice finish. Plus, I have very oily skin and this kept my make up looking fresh throughout the day. I did not need to touch up. Definitely worth it, IMO.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This finishing powder makes my foundation look awesome! I don't know how it works--I just know that it does! It gives this smooth appearance and prevents my makeup from sliding and separating when the oil starts to come through. It's a great final touch and helps me look totally flawless!

on 7/25/2012 4:37:00 PM

This powder is comfortable even during winter months when my skin is dry rather than oily. It is long lasting and you don't need much to set your entire face. It is not shimmery but it seems to give almost a satin finish when I wear it. Everything looks smooth and I much prefer it over the make up for ever silica powder. The packaging isn't the nicest but it is not terrible and product performance is great.