September 22, 2014 | 1554 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by zapster18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very sheer, very lightweight foundation. I love the smell and the look of it when it is freshly applied. I use fingers then a round kabuki foundation brush to buff over everything in circular motions. However, it doesn't stand up too well in very humid climates or if you're prone to perspiring, like I am. I like it but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with very oily skin, or who is looking for a medium to full coverage, super durable foundation. I usually switch to Diorskin Forever when I know I'll be out the whole day and need my base makeup to last from morning to evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by MajBrittm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to a department store here in the Netherlands trying to find a more moisturizing foundation than the Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation, as i found it too drying for my skin. Due to the consisting freezing temperatures, my skin has gotten extremely dry and unfortunately the foundation was too mat for my skin.

I bought the Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation, and luckily the SA added a sample so i could try it out for a couple of days before using the bottle in case it might break me out.

When i got home i tried it and i really loved the finish of it, slightly dewy but not too dewy but the coverage was not what i was used to with the Chanel one. But i layered it and it made my acne scaring less noticeable and it just looked more clear.

The SA gave me a generous sample, i've used it for 4 days, but as the days went on i got less enthusiastic. It didn't break me out at all, i even think that it cleared my skin out. But it might also be due to the fact that i wasn't using the chanel foundation anymore, and that my break outs got caused by that foundation.

Now back to my point, i applied the foundation around 7 am, worked for 4 hours and when by the time i got home and was looking at the foundation i saw that it sat on dry patches and nearly disappeared on the non dry parts of my skin, and the non dry parts aren't oily at all. So that was really disappointing, especially since this did not cause any break outs and it looks really nice when just applied.

Maybe it was due to the fact that i did not use a primer or setting powder, but i don't take the time for that in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dessiilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I am a bit sensitive to scents but this one has an extremely faint one, its tolerable. I feel like it makes me break out, like one pimple on my chin once in a blue moon, but its completely worth that stupid pimple for the flawless coverage it gives. I have received quite a few compliments whenever I wear it and it really does look like your skin. It provides medium coverage which is buildable to full, I feel, without looking cakey whatsoever.
However, if you have very dry, flakey skin I do not think it is for you because one day I was experiencing some flakeyness due to acne products and harsh winter winds, and the foundation emphasised them so much (I was the only one who noticed but still...).
My one complaint is that it oxidizes on my skin way too much! But honestly I just bring it down and use fake tanner and Im good to go, its that beautiful on! LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

This foundation is one of my favorites. It's a light coverage foundation which is build able. It has a semi Dewey finish. It looks very natural and it lasts all day for me with a powder touch up on my t zone. I love the fragrance as well. My only issue is the price so whenever I feel like splurging I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I wear foundation, my goal is to look like I just have really good skin and not look like I'm wearing makeup. That can be very hard to achieve because several things come into play. The foundation has to be a spot on color match (which is why I often need to mix shades). It also needs to be light coverage and not too dewy and not too matte (neither looks natural in my opinion). I am always searching for my "Holy Grail" foundation. Lingerie de Peau is described as an invisible foundation that wears like a second skin. Of course that description drew me in.

Packaging
I love that the bottle is heavy and sleek looking. The pump on this is also really good. It allows you to dispense a little product if you want (rather than pumps that only allow you to dispense a full pump of product).

Color
02 Beige Clair is around N25. 01 Beige Pale is around N15. Both have a neutral undertones. There's a pretty big jump between the two. 31 Ambre Pale is around NC15 with a yellow undertone. I generally mix 31 and 02.

Texture, Coverage, Finish, and Fragrance
I have read over and over (on blogs and reviews) that this is a "sheer, light coverage" foundation. I completely disagree with this. I think many people mistake coverage with texture. What I mean by this is, LdP is a very thin, fluid foundation but it has a lot of pigment. In my opinion, this is different than a sheer foundation (which would be a foundation that doesn't have a lot of pigment regardless of whether it is thin or more viscous). A foundation can be thin and fuller coverage, thick and sheer coverage, etc. It all depends on how much pigment there is.

On me, LdP is medium to full coverage but I like to sheer it out to light coverage. It has a beautiful satin finish and gets ever so slightly dewy throughout the day. I should also mentioned that this is quite fragrance (floral-y I think). That doesn't bother me but I know some are sensitive to that.

Staying Power
Although I am combo/oily, this lasts all day on me when set with powder. I recently wore it for ten hours on a ninety degree day and by the other day there was only minimal fading and shine.

In a Nutshell...
If you love natural, skin like foundations and aren't bothered by fragrance give this one a go. The shade range is limited but the formula is divine.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not impressed. I am a foundation junkie. I got this foundation as a gift. I was extremely excited to try it and only got disappointed. It's overly fragrance, which is the number one thing that is irritating to the skin. I also did not like there were only a few shades and my closest shade (02) was a little too light. I did like like it oxidized and color changed to match me a little more. Still I can't get use to the smell of it. I didn't think the formulation was any better than makeup forever's HD foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have found it, my HG of foundation. I wanted something to replace my almost finished Mac F&B, which I do love, but is very very sheer and although buildable, I just don't have time most mornings.
After reading a rave of this foundation, I asked at the counter to have it put on, had a walk around town then went back and bought it. Shade 03. It was applied over the Skin Divin serum which I considered getting but decided it was out of my price range.
It's perfect. Colour matches beautifully, it is light and feels amazing on my skin but has a decent coverage. Not mask-like though - I wore it on it's own today, just a dab of blusher and it's just 'my skin but better'.
I have never, ever worn foundation without powdering but I did today as it looked so amazing. Dewy, but not greasy. No transfer, even when I (deliberately) pressed a tissue to my nose to check. I have combo skin and HUGE pores and was pleased to see this foundation adequately covered them. I like to apply foundation with my fingers not brush or sponge so I'm glad the MUA tols me it's supposed to be applied that way. I applied about a 5p piece size which spread over my whole face, and a bit more to do my nose again.
I don't have sensitive skin, so although I note the fragrance (and like it), it doesn't bother me. I haven't used this for long but I don't expect it to have any effect on my skin as I haven't had anything happen in 15+ years of make up experimentation.
It is expensive - £36! the most I've ever spent - and I don't especially like the bottle as generally you can't get all of it out. These are the only cons for me though. I will purchase again as I love the finish so much.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-Extremely lightweight consistency
-Smooths skin and hides pores very well
-Gives a decent medium coverage
-Applies easily

Cons:
-Too much fragrance
-Foundation bottle doesn't allow you to get out all the product easily
-Isn't very long lasting
-Disappointing colour range
-Expensive

Overall, I really like the finish of this foundation. It gives a slightly dewy finish and hides pores and imperfections really well. I just wish the packaging was slightly different, and that the wear time was longer! The fragrance could be a problem for people with sensitive skin. I didn't mind it too much, however I would prefer it were fragrance free. I like to wear this foundation for special occasions, but I can't justify wearing it everyday given its price and difficult packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

Pros:
Leaves a nice semi matte, natural looking finish. Finish lasted all day and didn't look shiny or pool into pores. The thin consistency is easy to apply with medium coverage.

Cons:
After using for a few days, my eyes became dry, irritated and red, also my cheeks became sore and warm feeling, it hurt to put on blush or apply eyeshadow for a few days after last use. I ended up deciding to avoid makeup and facial cleansers for about 4 days. I can't believe how irritated my skin became and am certain the culprit is the heavy added fragrance.

For reference, I'm nc10- nc15 with dry, sensitive skin that's prone to redness on cheeks and chin. The shade I tried was beige pale 01 ( the lightest , warm toned shade) unfortunately, beige pale was a tad too dark and too pink for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a weeks- worth sample of this foundation from a sweet lady at Nordstrom. I feel like I was able to see how this foundation worked with my skin. I didn’t feel like this foundation was anything special. On top of that it has poor staying power. I have had better luck with Armani, Benefit and YSL, or even Givenchy. I will not purchase.