Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 10/5/2013 3:25:00 PM

This product is great. It doesn't break me out or make my face greasy which is a big bonus for me! A lot of moisturizers I've used have done nothing nothing but make my oily t-zone worse. This gel texture soaks right into my skin and doesn't leave a film over my face. It applies the perfect amount of moisture and smells amazing (just like all garnier products). You only have to use a little and for the more dry-skinned people, garnier has come out with another version of this that's more heavy duty. I haven't tried it out, but it's worth a shot!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This burned my skin and made it very inflamed. People also told me that my skin looked red. :( I would not recommend it for the sensitive skinned.

on 9/21/2013 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is an excellent moisturizer. Love the refreshing cool feeling, the fact that it's oil free and the smell of cucumber. The only downside is that I don't think it had anything in it to actually improve your skin texture like some of the higher end moisturizers.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have very oily skin and when I started using this moisturizer I forgot about my other ones. I love that it doesn't leave a greasy film over my already oily face. The gel just gets absorbed and leaves my face feeling refreshed. I use this in the morning and at night. Now the package is what I don't like. Maybe because I feel like its being contaminated by being in a tub....it definitely should have been in a tube where the product can be squeezed out or with a pump. Other than that, this is my HG moisturizer.

on 9/2/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was trying to find a gel based moisturizer for my oily skin and came across this. I'm so glad I purchased this! It feels so nice, non greasy which is what I need since I am extremely oily. I live in Florida which makes it worse, but this helps and is very light weight. I am also acne prone & has not broken me out & been using this for 4 months.This is my HG product & defiantly be repurchasing. Try it!

on 8/24/2013 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great moisturizer for all skin types, especially combination. I purchased this based on the reviews that it was similar to Clinique's moisture surge, and it really is! This is literally like just putting water on your face, it doesn't leave that lotion-y feel behind yet it is very moisturizing! It's very refreshing on contact and loaded with antioxidants, I would definitely purchase again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Garnier calls their Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream a "light, oil free gel cream that penetrates deeply into skins upper layers so that skin looks and feels soft and smooth." This moisturizer is dermatologist tested, oil free, non greasy, no comedogenic and allergy tested. Garnier's Gel Cream contains grape water extract which "defends skin from external aggressors." There are two Moisture Rescue Gel Cream formulas, one for dry skin and one for normal to combo skin; I'll be reviewing the latter. This moisturizer contains 1.7 oz (50g) and retails for around $7. I bought my jar at Ulta for $4.45 with a coupon. Unfortunately, Garnier products are tested on animals. Garnier does not list where this product was made.
Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream comes in a green and white cardboard box. The box offers plenty of product information, a full ingredient list, and information about some ingredients. The product it's self comes in a clear plastic jar topped with a white cap. A label wraps around the jar, offering the product name, Garnier logo, and directions. I don't really like moisturizers in jars, yinz know me and my squeeze tube. I feel like I use up products in jars much faster.
I've previously really enjoyed gel moisturizers, so when I spotted a coupon for this product I got a little excited. Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream is a thin, extremely lightweight green gel. This moisturizer is effortless to apply...not that any moisturizer is difficult to apply, its just that Garnier's gel feels like you're putting water on your skin. This stuff glides on and sinks right in - no stickiness, residue, or greasy feeling. In fact it doesn't feel like I've applied moisturizer at all. You know how sometimes with traditional creamy moisturizers it feels like you've put a bit too much moisture into your skin? That never happens with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream, it imparts just the right amount of moisture my skin needs, no more, no less. This product makes my skin feel really balanced, not moisturized. While I don't have any reaction to this product on my face, I find it irritating to my eye area, so be cautious. This moisturizer has the standard Garnier scent.
Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel is great for the summer, when I don't need much moisture. Those with normal to oily skin will probably fall in love with this super lightweight gel moisturizer. Garnier's Gel Cream is really refreshing, as promised. I like this moisturizer, but I doubt I'll repurchase it, at least not until next summer. I just don't think it'll provide enough hydration during the rest of the year. I feel like I blew through this moisturizer, I have a quarter of a jar left after only a month. If you're on the market for an affordable gel moisturizer for normal to oily skin, check out Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream.

Moisture rescue is an extremely accurate name for this product. I've always had trouble with dry skin, because I use a lot of acne products which tend to be drying. The acne creams would help my acne, but dry my skin and when I would try to re-moisturize, the oily moisturizers would create more acne. I even tried the clean and clear brand medicated moisturizers, but nothing worked. But this stuff feels seriously good on your face and works like a miracle. It smells nice, has a smooth texture, and works really really well under makeup, but best of all, no oil, no acne. It lasts for an entire day, and actually seems to smooth my complexion under my makeup for a more flawless appearance. It soaks in almost immediately for a cool, fresh feel. LOVE this. The only problem I had was that it comes in a bulky glass jar, which is really unnecessary. It would be much better in a pump or tube.

on 8/11/2013 4:30:00 AM

i like this product when i first started using night cream. but because of unavoidable sun exposure, i switched to one that can help reduce spots and moisturize better

on 8/7/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Picked this up for $7 at Walmart. Pretty good price I thought. It's a light tell moisturizer and feels great on the skin. Used it after a day in the sun and it cooled and refreshed my skin. Would I repurchase? Yes!