December 20, 2014 | 1625 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by amye7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Literal skin rescue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

A light-weight non-greasy gel creme that's great for use in summer. It moisturizes well and has a nice clean fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by 10100101

I love this moisturizer! I have combination skin, so although my skin can be oily in some spots, it still needs to be hydrated, and this cream is perfect for that. The whole jar lasted me nearly a year because you barely need any. If you have dry skin, this won't be enough for you, though.
It also doesn't leave a residue or irritate my skin, although I have had allergic reactions to certain moisturizers in the past.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Not enough moisture for my dryish bits, esp my eye area. It's great for treating a nose who's been ravaged by the effects of a cold! No peeling, or painful redness when used as such often enough. My nose is oily of course, so that's probably why this stuff is so good for that :)

My Garnier BB cream doesn't like it at all. I can't blend it properly after using this, even when I apply it in tiny little dots and gently pat and pat. It just stuck and pulled when I got frustrated & tried shifting it as one would with a foundation. I wound up washing my face and starting over.

It occasionally burns a little when I use it near my eyes, which freaks me out. No redness or other weirdness, just a bit of a burning sensation.

When the Lioele gel with collagen and hyaluronic acid that I ordered from Korea arrives, this stuff will be relegated to the back of my makeup drawer. My BF likes it, so he can use it. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by PowerFemme

This product is best suited for those with oily prone skin. I use this only in the summer and only in the morning. At night, I opt for something more moisturizing. This gel is hydrating and cooling, and dries without a trace of greasy residue. This makes it perfect for morning use for those with oily skin, particularly under makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

This product is amazing! I have oily/combination skin and I always struggle with moisturizers as they tend to make my face more greasy or feeling sticky. This one absorbs into my skin so nicely while hydrating it at the same time. The fact that it is a gel prevents my face from feeling greasy unlike lotions. It smells so fresh and clean, which is always a plus! Also it is super affordable and one jar goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most difficult product to review! The product is so awesome and perfect for my oily/combination skin! It feels like water when you blend it into your skin and you hardly need any, and I mean, like, stick your finger in it and that is all you need for your face and neck! I've used this for about 2 months and it doesn't really look like I used much!
The things I don't like: This product is about 10 to 15CAD, which I think is a little much for 1.7oz of gel, even though you don't need a lot; Do NOT use this if you have dry skin, because even though my skin is oily\combination, it doesn't feel like you have been richly moisturized. It's like a light moisturizer. I am not too sure if I would repurchase until I finish this jar.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I mean this is just the worst product ever if you have dry skin. There is no moisture rescue in that case. STAY AWAY if you have dry or sensitive skin. The alcohol content in this must be a joke - its NEVER good for you in the long run, although I'm sure it dries out oily skinned people for the time being. Invest in something else and skip this chemical catastrophe.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried the lotion version with SPF of this and liked it overall but decided to switch to this because I thought the gel version would be a better fit for my dry skin. This was horrible! It stinged my skin, and left it red with bumps all over. It took a long time for my skin to be decent again, and this product ruined it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by webmiztris

This is my favorite facial moisturizer. It instantly sinks in and makes the skin feel so nice and hydrated. I have combination skin, so I avoid my breakout areas (nose and chin), but I apply this to the rest of my face. I would give it 5/5 if I could just apply it all over and not break out, but that's not possible with any moisturizer I've tried so far. Would definitely repurchase!