October 30, 2014 | 1360 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Shimmer Eye Liner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by bethbr00tality

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I'm not a huge fan of their eye brightening eyeliners (though I may repurchase because the one I got recently was better than the one I bought months ago), but these go on so much easier than I expected!

I, however, actually dislike the sharpener caps. I don't like pushing them all the way down because then the blade nicks them, but if I don't the cap doesn't really stay on. =[ Dislike.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are amazing! I have about every color and love everyone equally. I cant say a bad thing about them. They are $1 and glide on smooth and highly pigmented that its almost unbelievable! I will own them all hopefully and will repurchase if i ever use them up. I do resharpen often but no biggie i like a semi decent point for application. I hope they carry these forever. The glitter isnt as sparkly than shimmery and it doesnt spread anywhere. Im telling you that its worth the shipping if u cant find them in stores. Great for a pop of color with a neutral look. I am greatly impressed! They have great bit of selection too. I have a hard time applying liners bc my lashes are long and dont find a problem with tugging or pulling!!
**update** i have since bought & used every shade available & backups of some esp the Blushed shade and the ivory shade- the iconic ivory makes a great inner corner highlight & works great on the waterline. i afraid the shimmer aspect on my waterline but its so fine that it doesnt bother me & im a contact lens wearer as well so they are ok on the waterline if you are worried but i def would suggest being careful & its bothering you dont use it since everyones eyes are diff. but they are so amazing & i love em as liners & as cream bases! i think they are long wearing!
Ill will tell what i think of each shade. There is 9 available shades All nine shades are equally pretty...They all do contain a shimmer but nothing chunky or anything unblendable...They all are smooth enough for waterline & as bases..
Iconic Ivory- this is just that a ivory. its not stark white but ivory. it is more on the sheer side if you are trying to use this on the waterline. it wont give you the dolled eyed look but if you are looking for an inner corner highlight, this is it! i use it everyday in the inner corner to open up my eyes & i do use it on the waterline for a bit of color
Precious Pink- this a baby pink w/ a slight purple undertone. its very pretty on the waterline as well since its closer to say a skintone or the waterline skin color.. also a great light color to use as a base or liner on lower lash line
Blissful Blush- this is probably my favorite since its such a unique color- i dont own a liner or a base like this its a pinky purple blush taupe color with a hidden bronze undertone or flash in certain lightening. its hard to explain since it in different lighting, this picks up as different colors, so so pretty! great for a base & sometimes i love to use it on its own all over lid or a great lower lash liner color since it picks up light & dark wow! so worth more than $1
Gunmetal- this is def a great silver/gunmetal gray that works great as a base for smoky looks. this works great on for smoking out lower lash line with something other than a black. great for us pale skin girls that sometimes cant pull off black
Boldly Bronzed- this is a true bronze. its a mid tone bronze. def gorgeous on its own on lower & top lash line. great as a base with almost any shadow. i also use this alot to line lower waterline & lashline. its great way to spice up looks since its a metallic finish to it instead of a black or brown.
Grassy Green- this is a mid tone grassy green. it is on the brighter side but it also can pull dark in certain lighting. this is a very pretty true green. its so cool to use on the lower lash line as a color pop.
Twinkle Teal- this is def a bright teal. its so so pretty. great on the lower lash line for a color pop. great paired with other bright teal like colors. this is def the brightest of them all
Plum Passion- this is a great darkened purple. this is a great liner for those with brown eyes. it makes my dark brown eyes seem a bit brighter. i love this liner for the lower water line & lower lash line. great as a base for your purple looks. i love this. its almost like the $1 reg eyeliner in plum but a bit brighter. can be used daily for something different than a black or brown. provides definition.
Black Bandit- this is a great creamy black liner that i find im using alot lately. its one of the few that dont tug or pull on my lash lines or waterlines. great for lining the eyes. its very pigmented black. not as black black as say UD Zero but dark enough for me. i love using this as a base for smoky looks. it blends out to a charcoal color but can be built up for more intensity.
Overall, i love Blissful Blush & Boldly Bronzed since they are great go too color but unique to be different. as well as Iconic Ivory for my inner corner highlighting and then Black Bandit since its one of the creamiest black pencils i own. So these are fabulous for the price
I am just really glad that Elf put these out! Great liners and bases. If used as a base, def remember to top with powder shadows so they dont crease or fade. and prime those lids! Elf Eyelid Primer for $1 is also fabulous! I uploaded 3 pictures to conclude my review.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

How cool that it comes with a sharpener as a cap! I was so excited and then it had great color. It's staying power isn't great but it does well enough if you know the right makeup tricks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I bought these in Black Bandit and Iconic Ivory. I am 31 years old and gave yet to find an eyeliner that don't make me look like a raccoon at the end of the day. These definetely do that. After half the day, I checked how it was holding up. They were running and smudging, even with eye primer. Would not buy these again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I bought this the other day in gunmetal (silver/gray), and it's wonderful. It's shimmery but not glittery, and unlike the Urban Decay pencils the shimmer doesn't start to spread to other areas throughout the day.

It goes on smoothly and does not move. The color payoff is great, and you can't ask for much more! The pencil even comes with a sharpener on the lid, which I have not tried yet....

I usually prefer retractable eyeliners, but for the quality of the pencil this is great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

these pencils are SO much fun! cheap and easy to make creative looks!

i bought the green, teal, ivory, and black pencils. they all go on nice and smooth, though the ivory really just creates more shimmer than actual color, but that's fine for me as i have just been using it on my inner corners. immediately after sharpening, i find they can be a little "chunky" going on, but if i smooth out the pencil on the back of my hand first, it fixes that problem.

in my opinion, the best way to use these is over the top of a black gel liner. just for a little extra fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not sure what to expect with these especially with them being only $1 but thought it was worth giving a try. I ordered these in teal, plum and bronze. Sometimes liners are very hard, dont sharpen well and have grainy glitter that does not apply well to the eyelid. These are great! These are super creamy, apply really easily and have great pigmentation. These look really nice on the lid and they lasted all day. I dont know if I would recommend them for the waterline or lower lashes as they could smear because of how soft they are. I would definitely repurchase and would like to try the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by tinimarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have gunmetal, grass, teal, bronze and black. i needed a few things to get my total to $20.

these are soo soft, highly pigmented and only have teensy glitter. I only notice it in the black the other 4 just look metallic. these are a steal, especially compared to the brightening liner. they don't last long in the waterline 3-4 hours and the rest starts fading an hour or so later but i don't wear them often so it's not a deal breaker. I love the sharpener in the cap! i'm definitely grabbing the plum and white with my next order. They're on par with other DS liners, the texture and pigment is on par with UD24/7 and MUFE Aqua eyes but the staying power is severely lacking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

SERIOUSLY??!? I got this in every color and I'm so disappointed with all of them. Yeah...they are nicely pigmented (don't look much like what's online, but what's new?) but they are SOOO creamy that they are very difficult to apply. The sharpener in the cap is useless. Again, the liner is too soft and breaks off in the cap/sharpener.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MMnoob

I really really love these eyeliner. I got Blissful Blush,Grassy Green, Precious Pink, Twinkle Teal and Black Bandit. They are very creamy and very pigmented with a hint of shimmer. The only complain i have is the lids. They come with nice build in sharpener, but the lid itself doesn't stay on and are very loose. Also the pencils have a really nice spray painted color with lots of glitter/shimmers.