October 22, 2014 | 1745 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was shocked at how well this product got off all my dead skin cells and it hit me just how bad of a job my other cleansers/exfoliators were doing. It also didn't irritate my skin at all and felt very gentle. Massaging very lightly was enough to get the dead skin off (my cheeks didn't even turn pink or look like they'd been rubbed). I won't give it a full score because it does what it says it does very well, but I'm not sure if this is enough to totally improve skin condition since it doesn't penetrate deep enough to get out whiteheads/blackheads, etc. within pores. It's more of a surface thing. Nonetheless, it's definitely a good product to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sandyatthebeach1

I was really looking forward to receiving this product (I bought it on imomoko.com for around 40$ US). When I got it, I immediately tried it out. It comes in a very simple, clean-looking pump bottle. No frills, dyes, etc. It feels really calming and once you start rubbing it on your dry face, the gel sort of dissolves into water, and it starts forming little white clumps that are supposed to be your dead skin cells.Which is really cool. After I use this, my skin products absorb a lot better, and it's a very nice, gentle way to exfoliate. I really like it! I've tried the Laneige Strawberry Peeling Gel, and this is much better. The strawberry one makes my skin itch, and the cloying scent really put me off. It works in a similar way, though, but I really recommend Cure Aqua Gel! I use mine once or twice a week.

Overall:
It's pricey, and hard to get a hold of, but it works really well! Just be careful to rinse your face really well, because I usually manage to get little clumps of dead skin left on my face, and it feels really, really unpleasant when you're trying to put on lotion. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this once a week as an exfoliator and it has done a fantastic job. Removes my dead cells without leaving my skin feeling dry and tight afterwards. It keeps my pores clear (no more blackheads) and much less noticeable.

The packaging however is pretty bad. The pump pretty much stopped bouncing back up after maybe the second or third use. Now I have to push down and pull the pump back up every time, which is very annoying. Also this product is not readily available outside of Asia, which is extremely annoying.

I will not repurchase this, as I already found a cheaper (but just as good) dupe of this product. It is the Naruko - Marjoram & Lavender Brightening Peeling Gel. The BEST part is, you can directly order it from their Canadian or USA site... and they ship 2 days! Not to mention it's around 1/2 the price of Cure Natural Aqua Gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sookhi

Cure has to be the best exfoliator on the market. It does exactly what its supposed to do....it exfoliates gently and effectively, without irritating my skin. Make sure to use it after drying your face well. I once used it after a shower in a humid bathroom, didn't work nearly as well as it does when face is completely dry.

ALSO Everyone says Cure is so hard to get. I just got mine on Amazon for $39 free delivery and the seller was here in the US so it came in 2 days. Not sure why there are so many comments about how hard it is to find.

One downside is that the nozzle on the bottle, it's a bit flimsy....

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by dawnsiow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Left my skin feeling amazing after I used it, but it also caused me to break out in small pimples. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by andreadianca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good exfoliator,but somehow makes my nose even worse. the whiteheads seems iritated and became worse than ever

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by revent

Best exfoliant on the market today. I've tried other cheaper gommage gels, with no luck; in fact, the Hello Kitty brand gommage gel is still sitting on my shelf. This exfoliant is gentle enough to use multiple times a week, unlike my old exfoliant by Philosophy. I recommend this to everyone! I only wish the makers would specify whether the glycerin is vegetable or not. I don't want to use any animal products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by kekekeitsangee

This peeling gel does its job! My pores look a lot cleaner and my skin feels great after using the Aqua Gel. My face dries out real easily, so using certain exfoliators/scrubs tends to exacerbate that, but this product doesn't. It's non-irritating as it's mostly made of water but it does have a small scent of alcohol. The only problem is that it is so expensive, so I'm trying to find a more affordable alternative, but if money wasn't an issue, I would definitely continue buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by TheKiwi

This is one of my staples! I just adore this exfoliator, it's much better than physical exfoliant beads. For those who say it's not dead skin that comes off, you should watch XiaXue's Guide to Life episode "Weird Stuff 2" (or the first one, can't remember atm) where she tests that statement out. Either way, my acne improved after an initial breakoutm, my skin is smoother and absorbs moisturizer better now. LOVE.

Pros:
- minimal and non-harmful ingredients
- gentle
- effective

Cons:
- the water runny texture can be annoying
- EXPENSIVE! Can I get this in Korea without paying for shipment? I'm going there soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Julesxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product straight from Japan after seeing it multiple times on Bubzbeauty's videos. I got it expecting nothing short of what everyone was saying and how great it was. It did exactly as everyone had said, It removed my dead skin, and left my skin feeling so smooth. When I put makeup on after i have used Cure it looks alot smoother and more flawless. Ive heard it helps fade acne scars, I havent noticed that, but I will buy again, although the price is expensive.