MAC Satin - Cork

4.5

on 12/23/2010 3:54:00 PM

Its really hard to go wrong with this color. When I bought this, I went up to my MAC counter already knowing that I wanted Rubenesque paint pot (an absolutely gorgeous gold peachy-pink color). I told the MAC artist that I wanted Rubenesque and she recommended Cork to me because the orange-y undertones complemented Rubenesque beautifully. The next day when I was doing my makeup, I was amazed at how the two complemented each other. Every time I wear Cork with Rubenesque I get tons of compliments, its like they were made for each other! Next time you're at MAC, just compare it to Rubenesque, you'll see what I'm talking about. Not to mention its a basic color that works with plenty of looks.

on 12/9/2010 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

An every day wearable neutral (light-med brown) that looks good on its own all over the lid or as an outer crease colour.

on 12/5/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm another woman who has been disappointed by Cork. There is nothing wrong with the shadow, per se, but it was just too warm and too ORANGE for my colouring. I guess for me, Cork's "equal" is Omega - for me, it's the perfect subtle crease or blending out colour. I had reservations about getting Cork but thought it was worth a try. It's a no go colour for me so back it went!

on 12/5/2010 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just another boring color from Mac.Everybody swears by cork and put it in their fave lists. So i decided to get it. I bought it with Era thinking i can use them everyday without looking overdone. But i was wrong. Era is too light, it disappears on my lids and cork gave me dirty, ashy look (I'm NW20 by the way) . Nothing special just boring.

on 11/11/2010 3:39:00 PM

I love Cork to accentuate the crease and deepen existing colors there. It works wonders in a neutral daytime look.

This is the first mac eyeshadow that I ever bought. It is the perfect crease color. On my lid I use a champagne pink color, then cork in the crease. However, on some skintones, it is probably very sheer. I have always heard that this color is good for contouring your cheekbones. If I ever hit pan and run out of this color, I will definitely repurchase!

on 11/7/2010 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I also use this eyeshadow as an eyebrow filler. It stays on better than an eyeliner and does not smudge.

on 11/7/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Everyone raves about this being an awesome eyeshadow but I can't sing its praises enough as an eyebrow filler. It matches my red hair perfectly and complements my complexion so nicely. If you have dark strawberry blonde hair or light auburn, or any red hint in your hair, consider this eyeshadow for your eyebrow needs. If they ever discontinued this, I can honestly say I would buy at least 10 of them because it's perfect for me and I've been through probably 3 already. Considering the other reviews about this as an eyeshadow, it's clearly an awesome shade for more than one need - highly recommend!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This was my 2nd Mac e/s ever (after Satin Taupe) and my favorite ever since. I use it almost every day, either on the lids (with Espresso in the crease) or in the crease with pale, pink, or coral colors on the lid. It's also excellent with Shale. I would describe this product as "bronzer for the eyes". It has the exact same red/brown tone as most bronzer and really helps my NC20 skin look alive, especially when I'm having a pale day (or month). Shadow is soft, easy to apply with fingers or brush. Not very long lasting so use a primer.

If you're looking for shades to work with the red tones in Cork, I (or rather MAC live chat) suggest:
lighter: Expensive Pink, Naked Lunch, All That Glitter's, Arena or Motif
darker: Espresso or Embark

I actually use Cork for my eyebrows. I am NC25 and its a perfect brow filler shade for brown hair. As others have said, this shade works well as a crease color for blending an everyday look and fading and smoking out darker e/s. I have been using it for years and havent left its side yet..

Top Rated MAC Products