BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 4/22/2015 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is good at making your skin smooth before putting on foundation, sometimes I even use it without foundation. But it is not that great and I can totally do my make up without it. Not recommended.

on 4/17/2015 10:35:00 AM

I've had this for a while now and while I'm not "wowed," I have found a useful way to apply it in my daily routine.

Background: I have oily-ish skin with large pores. My skin is pretty good, no acne but I have a ruddy tone without a base on. I don't hate my large pores, because like, they're just pores, but sometimes I like a flawless appearance.

I find that when I use this all over, it actually decreases the wear time of my favorite foundations. It doesn't really do much for oil control, either. So I've been spot priming, which is a concept that I had never thought of before but is sooooo simple and amazing. I use this primer on my nose and the inside of my cheeks, and it does help to fill in pores and give a smoother overall appearance. Then I use other primers on the rest of my face, depending. This helps use less of this expensive product, too.

This is silicone-y but it has never broken me out, and I'm sensitive to silicones. It has a slight tint that does help blur imperfections. Honestly, I'm glad I have it and I won't run out anytime soon b/c of how little I use, but I probably won't repurchase.

on 4/17/2015 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

pros: Blurs imperfections. cons: Expensive. Doesn't last past an hour on my dry combo skin. Emphasises dry patches. Doesn't do anything as a primer.

on 4/12/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although I am super happy with my current primer, I decided to finally try this one out because... well, I have 10 samples of this (no exaggeration) bc apparently Ulta does not change up their online "free samples" with purchase routine ever, and this is what I am sent every dang week. In a nutshell, I am not a fan of this product.

Upon application, this feels great - yet absolutely no different than pretty much any other primer I have ever tried (and trust me when I say I have tried MANY). The first time/day I used it I did a full face application and applied my L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation-these two in combination gave me a cakey look, which I totally did not expect considering how smooth this "dewey look" foundation is. The second day I used it yet again all over but with the new Estee Lauder Perfectionist foundation - yuk! Same cakey effect. So I did some research and noticed even though it's not advertised as a product specifically for oily skin, those are the folks raving about it and since my skin is dry perhaps that's the issue. Because of this on my 3rd application I only used it on the pores at the side of nose but unfortunately I got the same effect (this time I used Clinique CC cream which is always flawless but wasn't in this combo). Cakey or not, I still didn't notice any "minimizing" or blurring of pores.

Yeah, I don't get the hype on this one. This actually is the worst primer I have ever tried.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for two weeks, and so far it hasn't broke me out. I'm really pleased with this stuff! I don't have a lot of experience with Primers, and I've only tried drugstore primers in the past. But this one is really amazing compared to others I've tried. I actually understand why people use these now! It does help to smooth and diffuse large pores, and it even helps to conceal acne scars. I don't need to use this under liquid foundation, but I do use it under powder foundations, and it makes a HUGE difference. It really doesn't do much to control oil for me, not compared to UD De-slick spray, but for pores it's wonderful. I think it's a bit expensive, but totally worth it, especially for people with problem skin like me.

on 4/7/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best oil controlling primer I've ever tried. This even beats Dior's Pore Minimizer due to better oil control. My skin is oily and I have pretty large pores, especially on my cheeks and nose. This primer makes my skin look smoother and my pores are practically unnoticeable. You only need to apply a small amount of the product, because if you apply too much, your foundation will look cakey. I only apply it to my cheeks, nose and chin, in other words to the parts where I get oily. This way, I save a lot of product. The formula is easy to blend.

If I don't wear primer, my foundation stays matte for about 4 hours before I need touch ups. With porefessional I need to blot oil after 7 hours from application. This is why I find the porefessional superior to other products, it prolongs the wear of foundation significantly.

I've been using the primer around 4 months and the tube is still almost full. During this time, I haven't got any breakouts. Due to these reasons, I think it's great value for the money and I'll definitely repurchase.

on 4/7/2015 5:19:00 AM

This is the best for oily skin types. It makes my skin flawless and matte. That was all I expect from a primer. I don't know it would be good or not on other skin types but I definitely recommend this to people who has an oily skin.

on 4/4/2015 3:07:00 PM

This and Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer are HG status for me. I have oily skin with large pores. This makes my skin so smooth looking with no flaws. It covers my redness around my nose as well. I feel very comfortable wearing this alone with mascara and lipbalm out for the day.

on 4/4/2015 6:51:00 AM

Now I have quite large pores on the side of my nose at that I've tried many primers to minimize them, the problem is that I have sensitive skin and the majority either break me out or doesn't work. So when i found this I was over the moon (though it isn't available i my country I got it of ebay... expensive for a primer).

It works!!! I'll use another primer on my face and then add the porefessional to my nose because i really don't need it anywhere ells and because it is so expensive for me to get y hands on I would rather not wast it.

But it's a good primer that can be worn without, under and on top your foundation and i highly recommend it, you will become addicted. Try getting your hands on a sample to find out if it works for you before spending money on the full size (22ml).

And remember if the base isn't god the resoult won't be either...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Perfect for people with really oily skin and large pores. It really does minimize pores instantly. Now that I've tried it, it's so hard for me not to use it underneath my foundation. I'll use another primer on my face and then add the POREfessional to my t-zone and oily areas for extra protection.