BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

This is definitely the most unique primer that I've tried so far; I wouldn't go so far as to call it an HG, but I enjoyed using it and its benefits...no pun intended.
After several years of using those white liquidy-cream-clear primers, I was captivated by the Porefessional. It is a full-on dry, cream primer. The best way I can describe it is that it leaves behind a velvety feel if you put it on skin. I'm assuming that's the pore-smoothing aspect of this makeup.
I don't have problems with large pores or pores that show through my makeup, so I wasn't very mindful of its pore-smoothing aspect. However, I do feel that, overall, it does smooth your face well; I have acne scars which may give my skin a bit of unwelcome texture, but the Porefessional blankets them easily. Overall, my skin looked much smoother after the Porefessional and my regular foundation routine. I'm sure that it actually does smooth out pores; its texture surely points in that direction.
The Porefessional is actually a tinted face primer. It's not tinted to the point where the color is actually visible, but before you spread it on the face, it does have a medium-skintoned shade. However, like I said, it looks completely transparent once you apply it.
My only real problem with this primer is that you need to use a hefty squeeze of this stuff to cover your entire face. With this cream primer, a little does not go a long way...I need a solid 2 pea-sized squeezes of product to go over my face. Also, unfortunately, I bought the sample size for $10-- therefore, the Porefessional only lasted me 2 weeks of use, as opposed to about 6 months of Laura Geller's Spackle. If you'd like to commit to this primer, it's going to be a pricey and frequent necessity.
Its ability to prolong the longevity of my foundation isn't too remarkable. I don't believe that it has made my foundation last longer than if I would have used a liquid primer, but it did keep my foundation on for the whole day, nonetheless, which is always a plus.
As aforementioned, the Porefessional is a pricey product with a short shelf life. A full-size tube of it is $31, and the sample sizes are $10. I'm not sure which size is the better investment, to be honest. It comes in a less than perfect squeeze tube, but I can still work with it.
I might have stated a lot of rather negative things about the Porefessional, but it actually is a very promising primer which can really do a lot for your skin. Its smoothness and longevity are impeccable. That's why I highly recommend it.

on 2/18/2015 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I hesitated for a long time about trying out this product. First, it's expensive and second, I'm not convinced about the non-toxicity of dimethicone, especially when used daily. Lastly, primers tend to break me out, so I stayed away until I stumbled across a mini version of the product (about 7.5ml) in Sephora. It costs half the price, so it was a little easier for me to swallow.

I won't deny it: this product works. It minimizes my pores, take away the shine especially around my T-zone and ensures that my face stays matte throughout the day. I didn't have to blot away the shine at midday when I used this product nor do I have to reapply my foundation.

What they didn't tell you are the possible after effects: I'm prone to blackheads on my nose and for the past few months, I had mostly gotten rid of them through a stringent skin care routine. After removing my makeup and the Porefessional, I noticed that my skin started secreting sebum more than usual and that brought my blackheads back.

I was willing to put down the money for this product because it does exactly as it's supposed to, but the after effects turn me off it. So no, I won't be using this again.

on 2/16/2015 10:49:00 PM

The pore minimizing effect is short, only 2-3 hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like the Porefessional, it works a lot better than Urban Decay's Primer which was my HG.
It really covers up all your poors, imperfections and glides over your skin super smoothly, it has a balm-like texture as opposed to a paste or gel and it has a mattifying quality to it.
This has an amazing soapy citrus smell, and a nice peachy nude tint so it can be worn by itself.
I also like that it does not fade away when worn without any other makeup, other primers fade away when I've used them without anything on top.
The only problem is the overall value, I have to use more of this than I have other primers so I would imagine having to purchase more often. It is definitely worth a try if you have dry patches as this is the only primer that glides over them rather than accentuating. Any good primer can make your makeup last and shrink your pores(Even Monistat chafing gel can do this) but to find something that really makes your pores and blemishes vanish is very rare and this does it for me.

on 2/8/2015 9:39:00 PM

lovely primer! does its job well :) it doesn't make my skin oily. the price is a bit much ... 37$ at my local sephora. i hear there are drugstore products that do the same job so i may give one of those a try.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I got the BIG tube of this primer, I originally got a sample of it when I ordered other benefit products in the mail and I loved it.

This primer is great, it totally does minimize your pores. Its comes out as a tanish colored primer but its translucent once you put it on your face. Its very light weight and blends out great, it's very smooth and feels great under your makeup. I wear this on days when I put no foundation on my face as well. Many people have said that it made their skin very oily, I have dry skin so that problem did not occur for me.

I wouldn't however purchase this product again. There are tons of similar products that you can buy from the drugstore that I have tried myself that I believe do the same job and they're the fraction of the price.

A few great dupes :
NYX "Pore Filler" Primer, Loreal's youth code "pore vanisher" and of course "BABY SKIN" by maybelline

So overall, great product, but I wouldn't re-purchase it because my motto is to not by anything high end when you can get something to do the same job from the drugstore.

on 2/6/2015 7:27:00 PM

It broke me out. I can't used this primer do to sensitive to silicone. I bought the travel size for $10 at Sephora. Each time it does not control oil, clog pores. It does make pores less noticeable that why I gives 2 stars. Will not buy this again.

on 2/3/2015 5:04:00 AM

I haven't had any negative reactions to this primer at all like some people on here have mentioned, and for my dry, sensitive skin, that is definitely a good thing. However, my issue with this primer is that it doesn't do anything for me. I agree that immediately after applying it my pores do look somewhat "filled in" but i feel like when i apply my foundation on top with a beautyblender or flat top kabuki, the sponge/brush just moves the primer around, and out of my pores making it pointless. I've tried applying my foundation on top immediately after and also letting it sink in for a while then going in with my foundation but i always feel like the pore minimising effect goes away when i apply my foundation on top.
The only time i really enjoy this primer is on days when i'm not wearing makeup just to smooth out my complexion, for which it works great but not great enough to justify the price.
Great concept, works fine without makeup but unless i'm doing something wrong in applying it, it just doesn't work for me.

on 1/28/2015 10:22:00 PM

My all time favorite primer!!! It ant isn't as expensive as some other high end primers but it does the same thing. Easy to squeeze out and a little goes a long way. Repurchased so many times and I always go back to it!!!

on 1/24/2015 10:10:00 PM

Love this product. I apply it around my nose where I tend to have larger pores. It fills them in perfectly and is well worth it for people who find their foundation highlights their pores. I don't find it prolongs the wear of my foundation or anything but that's not the reason I use it so that doesn't bother me at all. It is quite thick but a small amount does go along way. It hides some redness around my nose which is also nice. Cute packaging. Does everything I want it to do. Quite expensive but have not found a product that performs the same on my skin with my foundation. Will repurchase for sure.