BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 3/15/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

BEST PRIMER FOR SURE.

No more comments.
Love it . Adore it. Will buy it all the time.

on 3/13/2015 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I don't really like silicone products, but if I want my makeup to last, I need them. This does what it claims better than any other primer I've tried. It fills in pores better than Smashbox, Kiehl's, Nars Instant Line and Pore in a stick, and Laura Mercier. I have repurchased several times and will again.

on 3/8/2015 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

****For the price range, 1 lippie means a bad price, and 5 lippies means a great price.

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.) **Where I live, it is very dry.

Overview: Quickly minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines for smoother skin.

Packaging: Comes in a squeeze tube. But the packaging that the tube was in is super cute.

Scent: A really light floral scent. Very pleasant, actually.

Texture: The typical silicone primer.

On skin: It makes your skin ultra smooth. You only need a pea sized amount to cover your whole face. It does not accentuate minor dry patches, but if there are bigger dry flakes on your skin, remove them by using tweezers gently, or exfoliate before you put on makeup. It doesn't minimize the appearance of my pores very visibly by itself, but a difference is made when you put concealer or foundation over it.

Lasting time: It says that it will help your makeup stay put, but I just found that this only helps my pores look smaller and it aids in a more smoother application of foundation/concealer.

Additional: It is super pricey, and I've heard that the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser is basically a dupe for this, so opt with that if you don't want to spend so much.

Thank you for reading my review!

on 3/3/2015 4:14:00 PM

This is the first primer I've ever loved! It works beautifully to minimize pores and blur fine lines. It feels very lightweight on the skin. Would definitely repurchase.

on 2/28/2015 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Awesome product, I have a very oily face and this product really keeps me matte all day! I've had the one I'm using for 5 months now and it still going. A little goes a long way. I love it!!

on 2/25/2015 7:16:00 PM

Number One GO TO PRODUCT before running out the door!
Cheap substitute for expensive foundation and it stays on ALL DAY. Love this!!!!

on 2/24/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I just tried a travel size I found in a kit.

I must admit I'm not an expert of primers but.. I overall like it but I don't think I will buy it again.

1. I don't love the silicony texture, I prefer creamer primers.
2. If I use it for more than 3 days in a row... My skin isn't quite happy.

I have to admit that whenever I use it, everybody asks me how is possible that my skin is so perfect. I mean I already have a pretty good skin (thanks God!) but I can still see a difference with or without it!

To summarize: i like it and I will use it up if I find it in travel size in the future but i won't buy it again cause my skin doent like it very much

on 2/23/2015 11:52:00 PM

I love this primer! I use to hate it and it was sitting in my makeup drawer for a little bit but I decided to give it another try and I'm glad I did. A little goes a long way. I don't use it to cover my entire face but rather just around my T-zone (where my forehead and chin tends to be dry but my nose is oily). It creates a perfect canvas for my concealer and foundation to go over. It minimizes all my pores and doesn't let product seep into the lines on my face.

on 2/22/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this primer. It the perfect crack filler. I've tried alot of primers and even monistat chafing gel (which I love). what makes this product different is that it dries really matte so you don't feel like your makeup is sliding off.

This is definitely the most unique primer that I've tried so far; I wouldn't go so far as to call it an HG, but I enjoyed using it and its benefits...no pun intended.
After several years of using those white liquidy-cream-clear primers, I was captivated by the Porefessional. It is a full-on dry, cream primer. The best way I can describe it is that it leaves behind a velvety feel if you put it on skin. I'm assuming that's the pore-smoothing aspect of this makeup.
I don't have problems with large pores or pores that show through my makeup, so I wasn't very mindful of its pore-smoothing aspect. However, I do feel that, overall, it does smooth your face well; I have acne scars which may give my skin a bit of unwelcome texture, but the Porefessional blankets them easily. Overall, my skin looked much smoother after the Porefessional and my regular foundation routine. I'm sure that it actually does smooth out pores; its texture surely points in that direction.
The Porefessional is actually a tinted face primer. It's not tinted to the point where the color is actually visible, but before you spread it on the face, it does have a medium-skintoned shade. However, like I said, it looks completely transparent once you apply it.
My only real problem with this primer is that you need to use a hefty squeeze of this stuff to cover your entire face. With this cream primer, a little does not go a long way...I need a solid 2 pea-sized squeezes of product to go over my face. Also, unfortunately, I bought the sample size for $10-- therefore, the Porefessional only lasted me 2 weeks of use, as opposed to about 6 months of Laura Geller's Spackle. If you'd like to commit to this primer, it's going to be a pricey and frequent necessity.
Its ability to prolong the longevity of my foundation isn't too remarkable. I don't believe that it has made my foundation last longer than if I would have used a liquid primer, but it did keep my foundation on for the whole day, nonetheless, which is always a plus.
As aforementioned, the Porefessional is a pricey product with a short shelf life. A full-size tube of it is $31, and the sample sizes are $10. I'm not sure which size is the better investment, to be honest. It comes in a less than perfect squeeze tube, but I can still work with it.
I might have stated a lot of rather negative things about the Porefessional, but it actually is a very promising primer which can really do a lot for your skin. Its smoothness and longevity are impeccable. That's why I highly recommend it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors