October 25, 2014 | 1824 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Oliviabland

If you don't have it by now you are just nuts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by JessicaP95

This is one of the best eye shadow palettes I have ever used. A lot of people have second thoughts when considering to purchase this palette because it is quite pricey, that being said, I bought this palette just over two years ago and use it quite frequently and have not hit-pan on ANY of the eye shadows. It is definitely 100% worth the money, the pigmentation is incredible, the selection of colors is phenomenal and the amount of looks you can create is endless. I definitely recommend this palette to everyone; as it would suit every single skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Misskiyab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favoirt wedding palette just recently i was able to complete 6 bridesmaid with different looks with just this palette now i want all the other ones too

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jennibean06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pallette! the colors are beautiful and pigmented. I use it every single day and can't live without it! if you don't have one of these get one. Trust me its amazing. I mean it is urban decay lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by slfalk

For years, I looked this palette and its flankers over, loved them, but still thought they were just too expensive to justify. Plus, I've had a few NARS palettes in the past and though I loved them, I just didn't use all the shades and at least half of the makeup would go to waste.

Then about a month ago, when I needed to replace over half of my more neutral makeup because I'd either ran out or it was just getting gross, I went ahead and ordered Naked 1 & 2. And now, I'm using Naked 1 so much that I haven't even tried 2!!

Every shade is blendable and buildable - I especially love to use Sidecar on the lid, Naked/Vigin on the tearduct/browbone, and then use Hustle on the outer v - gorgeous neutral eye with some kick. I also think Creep is perfect for the outer v when you want a smokier look. All these shades don't crease, don't fade, and I find that they have minimal fallout - other than the glitter from Sidecar, but I'll deal. lol

I've used this every single day for two weeks, and even on the weekends when I wouldn't have to wear eye makeup, since I look forward to doing it, I use it then, too!! Friends and family have commented that my eyes "look amazing" and that my "makeup looks great". There's really no better recommendation!

I will say that I am not so thrilled with 1's packaging - velvet magnetic box - really?? But I keep it in the original box, so as to protect it, which so far is keeping it looking new.

$54 is a lot for a palette. A lot. But to have all these shades together in one palette, the ease of travel, application, and the way it cuts down my morning get-ready routine - it was worth it to me.

Highly recommended -

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

After years of mustering enough bravery to spend a whopping fifty-two dollars on an eyeshadow palette, I can jovially say that I do not regret it one bit. The wondrous phenomenon that is the Naked palette really lives up to its soaring cult status, and I am very proud to finally be an owner of one of these almighty game-changers.
Now, for real, this is an awesome palette. You can probably tell from the 2000 or so other raving reviews that this thing is the real deal. I was extremely skeptical for a long time of purchasing this palette, since $52 (now $54- what the hell happened to $48??) is a formidable amount. This should be considered an investment rather than a purchase, imo. Anyway, I absolutely love the performance of these eyeshadows. The palette consists of very warm-toned hues, from golden to taupe to tawny, and this works perfectly with my warm skin and dark eyes. Pigmentation-wise, of course these are amazing; each shade comes off exactly like it appears in the palette. Each color is buildable, but building up isn't really needed, and using a ton of eyeshadow to achieve a look isn't necessary at all with this palette.
Blendability is excellent, as expected. The staying power of these is also commendable; I pair this palette with UDPP, and I have not had any issues whatsoever. The colors don't flake during the day, but you will get some fallout when you first apply them. Their texture is incredibly smooth, and I love the variety of finishes that you get inside. This is definitely a palette capable of creating a plethora of versatile looks.
The packaging itself is also quite showy, as you may probably know: the velveteen exterior and imprinted gold-foil logo certainly add some classy pizzazz to the whole thing. A decent-sized mirror can also be found inside the lid, which is very handy for touchups, and the included brush is a very nice, stiff one. Now, the palette itself is not impermeable: I've dropped it several times, and the eyeshadows can crack and break. Also, the gold logo can be scratched off if you leave it near a very determined sharp object. Amusingly, this palette is also a magnet for cat hair.
Overall, I think this palette is the brilliant brainchild of quality and marketing. Naked is definitely worth the staggering amount of money, and makes a great staple in anyone's makeup collection.
Now, I need the next two palettes...I swear to god, if they make a fourth one, my wallet is going to have a heart attack.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by bremsetha

I never want to live without this palette! The cooler, blue toned shades are not my favourite, but the matte shadows are perfection. Have used this so much, and will continue to use it forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Naked Basics eyeshadow palette.

I recently turned forty but have found myself shying away from glittery shadows for several years now. On the plus side, I have large "doe" eyes; on the negative, those come with hereditary bags and eyelids that get crepe-y if I wear something too shimmery. So I've long been in the market for subtle, neutral shadows that are more matte than shimmer.

Well hello, Naked Basics! Seriously, I adore this palette and use it every single day. If I'm putting on the bare minimum make-up for a trip to the grocery store on the weekends, then I'll just swipe the W.O.S. shade all over my lids and call it a day. If I'm getting ready for work, I use W.O.S. on my lids, Foxy on my brow bone, and sometimes Venus in the corners of my eyes to brighten them up a bit. If I'm getting ready for a night out, I'll follow my work routine and layer on a warmer, shimmery color at the crease (something beige or pink-hued).

Admittedly, I rarely use Faint and have never so much as dipped into Crave, but that's more a personal style thing than a comment on the product. If you're a fan of the smoky eye - and more importantly, if you can pull it off - then this palette will give you everything you need. I should think these shades would work on anyone (hence the name "Naked Basics").

It's pricey for a palette, but most definitely worth the money given its versatility.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Shannonbug15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!

Pros: pigmentation is fab!
Great neutral colors
Huge selection and many combinations
Great for every day and night looks
Last all day on lids with a good primer (depending on your eyelids, I have kinda oily eyelids but with my Milani eyeshadow primer they last all day)
The entire palette will last for a long time. I won't need to repurchase for awhile

Cons: the price!!! It's so expensive!
Only 3 matte colors.

Overall: I love this product I recommend it Even though it's 52 dollars. I use this palette for everything everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Appearance: The palette comes in a brown velvet magnetic flip shut case. This palette contains a mirror. My palette came with a brush though I know some of the palettes comes with a eyeliner instead. There are 12 shades in the palette ranging from a soft off white shimmer to a glittery gunmetal grey. There are two matte shades with the rest being shimmers and glitters.

Cost: I believe when I purchased when it first came out it was a bit cheaper than it is today. You can get it at Ulta or Sephora for $52.00. You get 12 shadows in this palette.

Wearability: For reference I am Korean with fair skin and heavy yellow undertones. I have dark brown eyes. I love this palette and have even hit pan on some of the colors. I find that they swatch and wear beautifully. Some of the colors are a bit tricky for me to wear like side car since it does have a bit of glitter fallout. A primer underneath these shadows is must.

Overall Thoughts: When I want to play up my eyes with a bit more color and shimmer I reach for this palette. The colors work wonderfully with my warm undertones. This was my first non drugstore eye shadow palette I ever purchased couldn't of been more pleased. $52.00 may seem like a lot for a palette but broken down you are getting 12 shades for around 4 dollars each. If I ever run out of this palette I will definitely repurchase this.