October 24, 2014 | 1265 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by dotgirl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I originally did a review on this a few months ago, and was very much on the fence about it. However, I've kept coming back to this foundation and have concluded it's one of the best drugstore foundations available.

COVERAGE & OVERALL FINISH:
When I first tried this on, I was genuinely surprised at how well it covered my severe acne scarring. One layer provided medium coverage that took the 'edge' off, per se, of my scarring. If layered in the worst areas, I found it could provide full coverage--something that's difficult to find in drugstore foundations!
This foundation doesn't cover active acne well, but that's easily taken care of with a concealer (I like Maybelline's 'Cover Stick').

The overall finish is quite beautiful, especially when first applied. It's extermely natural looking, yet it can provide full coverage if layered. It's not too dry or matte, yet it's certainly not 'sparkly' (like Revlon PhotoReady--ick!) or shiny looking either. It simply has a very natural finish.

COLOR:
I have extremely pale skin, and I've literally had *the* hardest time finding a foundation that doesn't make my face look orange. The lightest color in this line is 'Soft Ivory', and this is a near perfect match for me. I'm sure that nearly anybody could find a perfect color match by either choosing one specific color or mixing two shades together.

STAYING POWER:
I've worn this through 8-10 hour work days, and it holds up as well as any foundation can be expected to. I find it can look splotchy and/or cakey after 6 or more hours of wear, but in complete honesty, nearly all foundations will do the same. With the right setting powder and depending on your specific skin type, expect to get 6-10 hours of good wear out of this foundation.

OIL CONTROL:
Unfortunately, this is below average. I find myself re-powdering my face every hour or so, and after 6+ hours, my entire face is shiny.
I do want to point out that I have excessively oily skin & the above is true for any foundation I've ever worn. Therefore, oil control may be better for those with normal skin.

FOR THOSE WITH ACNEIC OR DRY SKIN:
As I said before, I have moderate active acne, with 5 to 20 pimples at any given time. I'm extremely careful with what I put on my face for fear of worsening my already problematic skin, and this foundation doesn't seem to cause breakouts. Therefore, I *do* recommend this for people with acneic skin such as myself. Just be sure to thoroughly remove it at night with a makeup removing cleanser and follow with your acne cleanser/moisturizer afterwards.

For those with dry skin, I'm not sure that I would recommend this--or any drugstore foundation, really--because it has caused me to have dry/flakey skin underneath my eyes and other areas before. It will also make dry patches much more noticeable.
If you still want to use it, I would highly recommended moisturizing before application and after taking it off at night. Exfoliating frequently will undoubtedly help as well.

OVERALL REVIEW:
I would definitely recommend this foundation to those with normal to acneic skin such as myself. This is natural looking medium buildable coverage that will last 6 or more hours. Those with excessively oily skin may want to invest in a good oil control primer, powder, setting spray, etc. when using this, as it doesn't have much oil control on its own. Finally, those with dry skin may want to skip this.

UPDATE 1-8-13:
For a month or so now, I've been trying to convince myself that it's not this foundation that has been causing terrible breakouts every time I wear it. I've been in a state of denial!
I'll put it on, wear it all day, and thoroughly remove it at night. And like clockwork, two days later I ALWAYS get five or more pimples. I've finally come to the sad conclusion that it's this foundation that's at fault.
I'm not sure if they've changed the formula since I bought my new bottle, but I don't think it always broke me out this bad. It feels really sticky now and--I hate to admit it--gross when I first put it on.
Consequently, I've found myself avoiding going into town simply because I can't stand putting this foundation on anymore. I just started college, and I dread how many breakouts I'm going to get from this...

Conclusively, I no longer recommend this to those with moderate to severe acne such as myself. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or they changed the formula since I first began using it in May, but it's definitely changed. It's sad, because this had the best coverage of all the drugstore foundation's I've ever used AND it matched my skin tone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by yulsgules

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never write reviews so it just goes to show how great this product is. I have really fair combo/oily skin and I previously have been using Loreal True Blend Foundation for a year until I read reviews about Visible Lift and decided to give it a try. I absolutely hated True Blend because it had no staying power, transferred everywhere, looked shiny and separated and looked blotchy on my face and looked really cakey if I needed more coverage. I've been using Visible lift in Soft Ivory for a few days now and it's so, so much better. The finish is so natural and full coverage that you absolutely cannot look cakey with this foundation. It's matte but it also looks so bright and glowy. I apply this foundation with my fingers and it's never streaky, looks like my real skin but better and covers up my acne scarring so well that I hardly need concealer afterwards. I've noticed my face is so much smoother and softer, and although I'm not worried about wrinkles yet I'm still really glad that this has skin beneficial ingredients in it (if you're putting something on your face everyday it may as well be something that's going to improve it). I've noticed that this does sink into the fine lines around my mouth a little bit but it's not nearly as bad as True Blend, and while the staying power is not great, it doesn't really separate and I dont need to touch up until after 8 hours or so. I don't use primer or setting power with this so I imagine it would be a lot better with it. The packaging is awesome too, it feels so sturdy in your hands and the pump is excellent, you can travel with this foundation without worrying about it spilling everywhere. This product is 100% worth the 15 dollars, I have tried crazy overpriced foundations like Nars Sheer Glow, MUFE HD, Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Laura Mercier and this foundation is way better than any of them, it has good staying power, does not break me out, the finish is GORGEOUS and its so cheap (one bottle of foundation lasts me 10 months). The one foundation that this comes close to is Laura Mercier Silk Creme in Soft Ivory, one that's known for it's full coverage and natural luminous finish. Visible Lift is way better because it looks more natural, doesn't cake, is easy to apply and somehow this shade of Soft Ivory matches me way more than the Laura Mercier one, which is way too pale and has a really bad color selection. I was almost about to buy the LM one but when I tried this, I will never go back to any 42 dollar foundation, Visible Lift blows all of them out of the water. I only took one lippie off because the staying power can be much better but I don't prime or use powder so I can't complain too much. Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

*edit* Wow this foundation has been totally reformulated. It's a lot thicker now and has full on coverage. It's nice but it broke me out :(
original review:
I was drawn to visible lift because it has a lot of mica in it which gives your skin that gorgeous glowing look.
The lightest color, pale ivory was an absolute perfect match on my summer tanned NC15 skin. It might be too dark in the winter.
After applying this the first time I was in awe because it really made my skin look so perfect. It's medium coverage and the finish is satin matte.
It stays on well enough. It wears off gracefully, after about 6-8 hours.
The pump bottle is great.
I love this foundation but I think it clogged me, so I've stopped using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by KeoDiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have olive skin with yellow undertones, and I am NC40. I picked this foundation in Sun Beige and it was the perfect match. I was pleasantly surprised as I've never had a foundation that was my perfect match, not even in L'Ooreal TrueMatch or MUFE HD (and those foundations have many shades!) And the L'Ooreal Visible Lift comes with a pump too! I pump it one time on the back of my hand and use the ELF Powder Brush (wet) by dabbing and swirling. It gives me a nice matte finish. With a setting powder, my face almost looks flawless. I alternate between TheBalm's Sexy Mama and Cargo Pressed Powder as setting powders (they're amazing, doesn't cake up). The L'Oreal Visible Lif also stays put for hours when I set it with powder (I haven't worn it without powder). I've worn it for 5 hours straight and it looks the same as when I first applied it. In my opinion, it was better than the TrueMatch, which can start to look blotchy the longer I wear it. The Visible Lift didn't break me out either, which was such a plus because my skin is so acne prone that almost every foundation I try breaks me out. And I don't know if it was the L'Ooreal Visible Lift foundation but when I took off all my makeup, I noticed that my skin felt really soft and smooth. I didn't use any new moisturizer or cleanser so I believe/hope it was the foundation! Definitely one of the best foundations I've ever tried, and I'm so glad that it's drugstore too. For $15, it really is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by carlymarie31

Love it ! Best foundation - better than any "high end" ive tried. I'm on my 4th bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by glvazquez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first time that a drugstore foundation matches my skin tone. I am a NC 35 color in MAC. . Most of the drugstore foundations look good in the bottle but when I step into daylight I notice an underlying pink or orange unnatural tone to my skin.They also leave a demarcation line above my neck.
I am wearing number 151, natural beige and am impressed with how well it blends and how natural it looks on my skin. Now I have to keep my fingers crossed and hope they don't discontinue this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice mid-range foundation. Good coverage without feeling heavy or cakey. Provides a lovely matte finish which is perfect for every day make-up. Leaves the skin feeling soft and silky. Staying power isn’t great but still wouldn’t stop me from buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by cuonbroadway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! I think I've finally found one of the best foundations for my skin! I've been searching for forever and just stumbled across this the other day at Walgreens when I was returning another L'Oreal foundation (Lumi Healthy Luminous Foundation... ick) and wanted to try something else.

This is the first foundation where my mother has actually said that it looked nice! That's big news, folks.

I'd say this is medium coverage with a soft matte finish. There's a little bit of luminescence, but not enough for me to call it a satin finish. Lasting power is pretty nice, with no oil breakthroughs after 5 hours (that's as long as I've worn it). I bought it in Soft Ivory and it's a perfect match for my NW15 skin, and it's very similar to Revlon's Ivory shades.

I only have two complaints: First, the pump broke on my first bottle so I had to exchange it. And secondly, it's a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation. It's a great foundation, but it seems slightly over-prices IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I borrowed this from my mom after a vacation where I got some color (my mom is a few shades darker than me) in Nude Beige. I'm 20 so anti-aging benefits are great, but I really don't need them. That being said, I know most anti-aging products are very hydrating, which is good for a makeup for me since I have dry/combination skin.
Anyway, I applied this with ELF's flat topped powder brush (which you need if you don't already have it). I was amazed at how great my skin looked! I've avoided liquid foundations since a bad experience in high school, but this one is GREAT. I would say it has medium to full coverage, but be warned when you're building it to full, I did notice it got a bit cakey when too much is applied. That being said, the coverage is very natural and dewy looking. It looks like your skin...but better. Used with a primer (I use Korres' Pomegranate primer) and set with powder it lasted all day. In fact it seemed to look even more natural as the day went on!
It also advertises that there is actually a serum inside the makeup. This seemed very gimmicky to me, so I really didn't expect anything. I was surprised, however, to see that my skin actually started to look better after using this for about a week. I don't have major problems with my skin, but I do have clogged pores on my chin that I just can't get rid off. This hasn't completely solved it, but they aren't as swollen or red anymore, and a few of them have disappeared without more appearing! I don't know if this is because of the serum, but I haven't switch any skin care products recently. Overall, I recommend for those with dry or mature skin!

EDIT: I re-purchased this in the bottle with the pump, and the formula seems VERY different! It's much thicker and cakes a lot easier...the pump gets clogged often. It also seems less moisturizing... Very disappointed! I will not repurchase again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by honeysuckle4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This looked pretty good when I first put it on but after 2 hours it was looking spotty. I tried it for 4 days and I just wasn't happy with it at all.It really did not have any lasting power at all.