Almay One Coat Dial Up

3.2

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

got this from the dollar tree so i brought two i like it. it goes on nice i keep it at 2 although it take longer to dry to me which means i have to wait a min to bat my eyes but it goes on smooth and it makes my lashes pop.

on 2/16/2011 4:23:00 PM

Pros;
good concept
volumizing
cute packaging
Cons:
clumps
very wet texture
no difference between dials

on 2/8/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

I think this mascara is pretty great but the whole idea behind it doesn't work out that well. It is a bit goopy I'll admit but I rather like it. It really makes my lashes stick out. The reason I said I wouldn't buy it again is because its so expensive for what it is.

on 2/7/2011 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Almay products have always been a big fail for me and unfortunately this mascara falls right into that category. While I like the concept (being able to make your lashes go from full to fuller to fullest with the twist of a dial), I did not care for the formulation at all. I found the mascara to be rather clumpy and hard to work with, especially on the fullest setting. I also found that once dry, this mascara flakes horribly on me as the day wears on. Another big disappointment and I will not be repurchasing.

on 2/6/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Just got this product today and I have to say I like it. My eyes always feel dry and red after I wear mascara but so far this stuff isn't to bad I like that its made for sensitive eyes. I'll probably wear it mostly between 1 and 2 just because I'm not all into that dramatic eye wear just everyday use. The packaging is a bit gimmicky because as with any other mascara you can build up to your desired length and thickness with reapplication.Tried it on 3 and it clumps a bit but overcame that by dialing down to 1 and combing through. Overall I gave this a 4 I might buy this again just for the very fact it doesn't dry out my eyes.

Update: 08/16/2011 Its a meh for me by the end of the day my eyes burn guess I'm a little sensitive. Haven't and won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Clumpy, even on the 1 setting. Does not lengthen for me...I bought this hoping it would be natural (even got the brown color) and I am disappointed. I have never liked Almay mascaras and this is no exception. I am liking the new One by One from Maybelline SO much better!

on 1/27/2011 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Thought this mascara was great! I get the best results on settings 1 & 2 though. Setting 3 gets a little too clumpy. Over all it gives a good clean look on the 1&2 settings and it is good for sensitive eyes/contact lens wearers (which I am) so I will prob repurchase.

on 1/19/2011 11:50:00 AM

bought this over the summer when there was literally NO negative reviews on MA for this product. well ...
barf. average. the clumping is pretty bad, chunks get caught between the bristles and then my lashes look all gooky. im a big fan of the natural look so that was kindof a letdown. what im doing now is just using different mascara brushes (max factor lash perfection and almay one coat lengthening) which is working out SO much better. i honestly jsut think it's the brush for this product, because the formula is smooth, and lengthens and defines my lashes. they look natural for the most part too, so, yay... but i will never repurchase.

on 12/28/2010 3:40:00 PM

I was also drawn into the gimmicky nature of this product, but I have to say I really like it. I love that I can customize my look by using a dial. My husband even noticed the difference when I tried the level 3 for the first time. It goes on really smoothly and really defines your lashes. I would definitely buy it again.
I can however agree with some comments concerning the clumping factor. Mine is brand new so I donít have that issue but I can see how, with time, the bristles might start giving you a hard time but for now I donít have any issues or complaints.

on 12/7/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara because I found it interesting that you can go from subtle lashes to full dramatic lashes. I bought this for around 9 Canadian dollars, so it would be a medium price for me. I tried out all the dials and I did see some difference as the number went up. I only use the 3rd dial because I only want dramatic lashes. I like that this product is build-able, you can layer it to achieve dramatic lashes, so I do like that. I do find that this product does clump, I suggest you wipe off the excess and start from closest to the roots of the eye lashes as possible to avoid clumping. This product is cruelty free as well. That is all.

Top Rated Almay Products