Cover Girl Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), C11 12 Isoparaffin, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Ceresin, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Green, Copper Powder, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet, Zinc Oxide

on 1/14/2011 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a really great drugstore eyeliner, especially if you like softer pencils, like those from Urban Decay or Make Up For Ever. It is a dark true black, and glides on really easily. No tugging at all. I already went out and bought a backup!

on 1/4/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a pretty good pencil liner that gets liquid-like (keyword like) results. This is the first of its kind that I've ever used, and while I'm definitely not going to say it's HG, it will certainly hold me over until I find the next best thing for me.

If you want a longer lasting line, of course set it with a powder or eyeshadow. This is CRUCIAL is you want a bold line. The consistency is very soft and smooth, so be careful when you're applying (to not overdo!). You don't need the best precision but it's not hard to get a nice, bold, attractive line.

Complaints are that even with the smudger and tip, the pencil is relatively small. Also seems to run out pretty quick. I sharpen the pencil but it will significantly dull within 2-3 uses. I don't know about anybody else but I don't use the smudger at all. What's the use of a liquid look if it's just gonna get smudged?

Otherwise a great liner to try out. Has great wearability and removes easily with simple facial cleanser and water.

on 12/28/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought this same pencil in purple on clearance at the grocery store and loved it so much that I decided to spend the $6 or $7 on this pencil. When I bought this one at full price, I thought that this was a lot of money for just an eyeliner, but after wasting my money on cheap eyeliners that slide off my lids and disappear, I decided to give this one a chance. Once the line is drawn, it stays on my upper lid all day. However, on my lower lashline, it fades away by the end of the day. I don't like the smudger end of the pencil because it pulls, tugs, and leaves blotches of liner instead of smudging. Overall, this is a nice pencil liner that has good staying power. I will repurchase.

on 12/28/2010 11:45:00 AM

Not a bad eyeliner but the pencil itself broke in half when I tried to sharpen it. Pretty bad packaging but not a bad product. I will not buy again.

on 12/11/2010 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have used pencil, liquid and cake eye liners and recently bought Liquiline Blast. It is more like a crayon and applies smoothly with excellent staying power. I haven't needed to use the smudger because it is so smooth. I have sensitive eyes that are easily irritated but I could apply this to my waterline without any problems. I would definitely buy this again!

on 12/1/2010 11:25:00 PM

Applies smoothly. Very inky black color. I don't like the attached blending sponge. It was very hard and seemed to pull at my skin more than softening the line. I found it worked better to use my pinkie finger.

on 11/8/2010 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this! I have it in Blackfire and it's great! I don't notice a problem with smearing because I wear eyeshadow over it. The waterline lasts a good long time, too. I always have a problem with tugging when applying but not with this. I would say this is better than ANY--dept store or otherwise--eyeliner I have ever tried. I have very sensitive skin and especially eyes and I can wear this with no problem. The ONLY downfall is--this may just be my bonehead mistake--I had no idea that it needed sharpening. I wish I had known of this site before I threw my last one away. It went dull and frankly it looks and feels like an automatic pencil that rolls up on its own with use. I figured it was broken, and I threw it away and bought a new one. I wanted to give it one more chance figuring mine was just defective because the product was great. Since where on most pencils the "wood" part is black instead of brown...needless to say sharpen it and it will be fantastic! Wish it had said something on the packaging. Oh well. I think the black is true, it's bold and I would highly recommend! :)

on 11/8/2010 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Cover Girls Liquiline is the current eyeliner i'm using. I've been for a while now, and i've just repurchased a new one. I LOVE it because, I have asian eyes, and like most drugstore liners, they smudge all over by itself beneath my eyes. However, this eyeliner stays put. I will say that you will need to reapply during the day because it does not last the intense look for the day. I reccomend not using the smudger because it does pull on the skin. Another problem is when I sharpen it, I just don't like the texture of it. the plastic held, or wood,whatever it is that eyeliner is kept in. It's too sharp. Nevertheless I would recccomend this eyeliner :)

Very comparable to UD 24/7. UD of course has more of a selection of colors/finishes, but for less than half the price, it is a very good alternative for basic colors. Like UD, it has great staying power, color, and glides on easy. However, it'd be great if they made more of a variety of colors/shimmers.

on 11/2/2010 2:56:00 PM

Awesome drugstore eyeliner! Wanted an eye pencil with staying power, and this is definitely it. Goes on smoothly, and sticks around for a decent length of time, even when I use it on my waterline. (Smudges nicely, too, if I'm going for that effect.) I would totally buy this liner again.