April 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes + case)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I freaking love these brushes. They are super thick and very VERY soft. I think the blending brush is my favorite. I pretty much dont need any other brushes, every brush in this set does the job just fine! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Buddyzowie7

The brushes are really soft! The crease brush is a bit too big for me, but overall the brushes work well. Well to get down to business, these brushes are great for a beginner. Each brush indicates whether it's for blending, smudging, eye shading, and etc. Also, I found that these brushes did well in picking up color. The bristles were nice, gentle, soft, and didn't fall out. If you find that these bristles are too harsh then there must be something wrong w/the package you bought. If you go to Walgreens they have the brushes on display for you to feel how soft they are. I do wish the crease brush was a a bit smaller, but overall all of the brushes were perfect. I especially love the smudging brush because it makes creating a smokey look that much easier. I do like Mac brushes, but they're too pricey. These brushes are so affordable. The price of one pack is still cheaper than buying one expensive brush. I know good brushes are suppose to last a lifetime if kept well, but these brushes work really well for a fraction of the price. Hopefully this review helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a noob so this brush set is just great for me. I LOVE the angled brush, I always wanted one and it's so easy to use and works just how I imagined it would.
The crease brush is kind of awkward for me, then again this is my first REAL brush set so I have a lot to play around with.

They're very soft, easy to clean and clean well, haven't seen any shedding and dry well.
I really like how each brush is labeled, though I figured them out on my own without seeing the labels.
They seem to pick up color rather well and apply it without fuss. No fallout of color due to the brush at all, which is really nice.

I'd buy them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes! They're great for a beginner or anyone looking for a good travel brush set! I use these as everyday brushes, not travel ones and they are so soft! I love them. My favorite brush is the thick, dense blend brush which blends like a dream! The only brush I don't like/use too much is the angled crease brush because I love my Urban Decay crease brush more! EcoTools' crease is just too big for my crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by taliacrayon24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, for all of you who say these brushes don't apply pigment well - with these brushes, you have to PAT the shadow on. Swiping doesn't work. It took me a couple days to figure this out. Once I did, I completely fell in love with these brushes. They're soft, they're not too pricey, they don't shed, they're eco friendly, and they work well. What's not to love? Just use the brush right and you'll be A-OK.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
Eco Friendly
Very soft
Sturdy
Cons:
Doesn't apply color well
Shapes of the brushes aren't ideal for implied application
Would I buy again?: Nope; there are other cheaper alternatives that work better.

after all the great reviews here... i really wanted to try these out and stop spending a lot on MAC brushes. these cannot compare. They just don't apply my shadows well. I liked the big fluffy brush best, the angled/outer corner shadow brush was ok/different... but i didn't reach for it much. The 'blending' brush was NOT blendable... but rather good for packing on a darker color in your outer crease (which is not what i bought it for). and the smallest 2 brushes were pretty worthless to me - maybe ok for small concealer application. but whatever. giving these to my 21 yr old sister who is just starting to get into brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by smn93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great set! It's cheap and you get 5 wonderfully crafted brushes. All of them apply pigment really well, and because it comes with the case, it's great for travel. I would recommend this to everyone, but especially to people just getting into makeup because you get 5 basic brushes that help you create some gorgeous eye looks really easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by ValerieFlowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like these brushes. My favorite ones are the blending one, the crease one, and the smudge. It is unbelievable to me how for less than 6 dollars I can have such good brushes. Also, I like that they are eco-friendly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

meh. just okay. i actually regret buying this, simply b/c i don't use it. the brushes were all about too stiff, and i need to "enjoy" the softness of a brush to keep using it. but i love the look...just not the brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm always a little nervous to try out synthetic hair brushes because I feel like they don't pick up powder well enough, but these brushes are amazing! I've been needing some new brushes, especially a new crease brush. This set is perfect, especially since I bought it as part of a BOGOF deal at RA a few months ago. It's the perfect size to take with me if I ever travel, and it has every brush i need to create an eye look.

I use the big fluffy brush to place my highlight and for a wash of color on my lids. It holds powder eyeshadows very well, and blends them smoothly. I don't really use the angled eyeshadow brush very often, but when I do, I use it to place shadow on the outer half of my lid. This brush also picks up powder well, but it's just not a must have. The crease brush is my favorite since it can blend eyeshadows, be used to put shadows all over the lid, and for only putting shadows in my crease. It's extremely soft, and blends everything together. The powder also adheres well to the brush, something I was concerned about when I first bought the set. The dense eyeshadow brush is very small, but it's great for detail work, such as applying colors to the outer V, which is what I use it most often for. It's very firm, so it applies color precisely. The small smudger brush is a brush I reach for everyday to apply shadow on my lower and upper lashline. Since I don't like to use a lot of eyeliner, this is perfect for applying darker shadows as my liner. It doesn't create any fallout when i brush it under my eyes, and it creates a perfectly smudged, but precise line.

All these brushes are excellent quality. They pick up powder well, an important quality to me, and they are extremely soft. I haven't had any problems washing them either! I was skeptical about buying synthetic brushes, but I will definitely pick up more now.