October 21, 2014 | 1709 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok highlighter, but definitely not as nice as NARS Albatross. They're not the same--NARS is a lot better quality, and this is a little more on the powdery side. You can tell instantly by just swiping a brush over the two highlighters. If you're looking for great quality, go for Albatross, but if you just want a cheap highlighter, this one's not bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

nice highlight color when you use sparingly and blend well. Can't say whether I think this is a NARS Albatross dupe b/c I don't have it.

This will last me a long time because you have to use such a small amount.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to be the minority but I can't rave about this item as being a dupe for Nars Albatross. NARS Albatross is a finely milled powder. ELF's Gotta Glow on the other hand has a harder texture which makes it difficult to blend. I give them 2 lippies for trying but if you are looking for quality and long lasting performance I would just buy Albatross which will last you a lot longer than a MAC Blush and help you achieve the look you are looking for! Hope this helps someone! :-)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this!
Imo this is a great dupe for NARS Albatross if your looking for something a little cheaper. The packaging of this is great - I think its really sleek and I prefer having this in my bag rather than other highlighters because they always seem to come in big chunky packaging. It has a small mirror in the lid and doesn't come with any sort of cheap, wierd applicators.

I apply this after my blush on my cheeks and down my nose to give me a nice glow. I think it looks really glittery in the packaging - like chunky glittery. But its more of a really subtle shimmer.

However, I hate the 'formula' or whatever you'd prefer to call it. Its quite messy and when I try to put it on my brush, alot of the time it picks up too much and gets everywhere! But for the price, I'd live with it.

I wouldn't re-purchase because I really do prefere my NARS Albatross, but its a great dupe for someone looking for one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by pinknplush

I just can't tell you how much i love this product!!! OMG the shimmers are so subtle not chunky at all when applied. Really does a good job as a highlighter! It has a perfect shade for that. I was about to buy NARS' albatross but then I saw this. So I went ahead and got this one and visited a NARS counter to actually compare :) First of course is the price.. I mean why get a super expensive highlighter of the same effect right? Say this E.L.F one looks chunky when swatched, looks a lot powdery too but when applied with a brush either a small e/s brush for brow bone, any powder brush for highlighting your cheekbones or any area you wish to highlight for that matter.. it just goes on perfect. The shade and the finish are the same with Albatross. The packaging, well it's not bad at all. Almost the same size and look at first glance but yes, it looks kinda cheap compared to NARS but hey, you paid for the product and for me that's more important.

I totally recommend this! Will definitely repurchase!
-Happy customer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by sasami999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love! Perfect golden glow on my NC35 skin. Shimmery, but not over the top "in your face" type. Just lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ILUVMU

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great as a highlighter. This blush will brighten up any face. I really like it.

Reference- NW45

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by lilmissyblee1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this....it looks stark white/cream in the pan but goe on a golden shimmer. It's not too obvious. I love using this in conjunction with blush and bronzer and I think it looks great as I tend towards blushes with a golden sheen as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Michelle3147

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It has allowed me to try an inexpensive highlighter without breaking the bank. I was going to get NARS albatross but there is really no need because this is a nice dupe and super cheap. I don't apply this alone. I use it over my blush for a nice highlight and warm glow. This is going to last me along time. I am thinking about buying a backup of this just in case ELF decides to not carry this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by brigid711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighter! I had been wanting to try Albatross, and I am so happy I found this before I spent the money on Albatross - even the packaging is a dupe for the NARS product.
This powder highlighter gives a subtle but beautiful glow. It is a bit chalky in the pan but I have not encountered any issues once applying it on my face. The price is great. I will definitely repurchase.