E.L.F. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 12/16/2010 2:14:00 PM

Super chalky and powdery, and not at all comparable to NARS albatross. The shimmers in this is not very finely milled, so whatever product you end up applying to your face, your face ends up looking dirty. I blame it on the visible shimmer chunks. Its too powdery so that when you apply it, the product goes everywhere but your face, and you end up wasting a whole lot of product just trying to get it to show up. The price is cheap and the packaging is great. But its essencially a waste of my $3. Will not repurchase.

quite chalky and hard. doesn't last very long (as far as hitting pan goes). a bit too yellow/golden for my taste- but really it's the chalkiness that does it in for me. the lack of quality here really has an impact.

on 11/3/2010 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Look, I'm going to be honest here. I love my beauty products and all, but highlighters just aren't ones that I can see myself spending ridiculous amounts of cash on. If I had the money, yeah, I'd probably buy Albatross. But let's be serious here. It's not like we're talking about concealor or foundation which I AM willing to go over the top for, but there are plenty of highlighters that work well and if not exactly like high end products, they come pretty darn close. ELF's Gotta Glow happens to be one of those products. I would say it's for sure worth a shot if you don't want to spend money on a high end product but a cheaper one with pretty good quality.

on 11/2/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've never used Nars Albatross so I don't have that to compare to. I have bought the highlighters from the regular elf line and I like this one a lot better. The regular elf highlighter is very glittery and has a lot more fallout. This comes in a slight black package, and it is a light gold shimmer. It is not glittery at all. It has a little bit of fallout, but I use a fan brush and lightly swipe across it. I love the glow it provides, very subtle, and not at all fake looking. I use a little of this for everyday and more for going out. I'm very happy with this and will definitely repurchase.

on 9/30/2010 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is an ok highlighter, but definitely not as nice as NARS Albatross. They're not the same--NARS is a lot better quality, and this is a little more on the powdery side. You can tell instantly by just swiping a brush over the two highlighters. If you're looking for great quality, go for Albatross, but if you just want a cheap highlighter, this one's not bad.

on 9/30/2010 10:16:00 PM

nice highlight color when you use sparingly and blend well. Can't say whether I think this is a NARS Albatross dupe b/c I don't have it.

This will last me a long time because you have to use such a small amount.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sorry to be the minority but I can't rave about this item as being a dupe for Nars Albatross. NARS Albatross is a finely milled powder. ELF's Gotta Glow on the other hand has a harder texture which makes it difficult to blend. I give them 2 lippies for trying but if you are looking for quality and long lasting performance I would just buy Albatross which will last you a lot longer than a MAC Blush and help you achieve the look you are looking for! Hope this helps someone! :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this!
Imo this is a great dupe for NARS Albatross if your looking for something a little cheaper. The packaging of this is great - I think its really sleek and I prefer having this in my bag rather than other highlighters because they always seem to come in big chunky packaging. It has a small mirror in the lid and doesn't come with any sort of cheap, wierd applicators.

I apply this after my blush on my cheeks and down my nose to give me a nice glow. I think it looks really glittery in the packaging - like chunky glittery. But its more of a really subtle shimmer.

However, I hate the 'formula' or whatever you'd prefer to call it. Its quite messy and when I try to put it on my brush, alot of the time it picks up too much and gets everywhere! But for the price, I'd live with it.

I wouldn't re-purchase because I really do prefere my NARS Albatross, but its a great dupe for someone looking for one.

on 9/29/2010 2:54:00 PM

I just can't tell you how much i love this product!!! OMG the shimmers are so subtle not chunky at all when applied. Really does a good job as a highlighter! It has a perfect shade for that. I was about to buy NARS' albatross but then I saw this. So I went ahead and got this one and visited a NARS counter to actually compare :) First of course is the price.. I mean why get a super expensive highlighter of the same effect right? Say this E.L.F one looks chunky when swatched, looks a lot powdery too but when applied with a brush either a small e/s brush for brow bone, any powder brush for highlighting your cheekbones or any area you wish to highlight for that matter.. it just goes on perfect. The shade and the finish are the same with Albatross. The packaging, well it's not bad at all. Almost the same size and look at first glance but yes, it looks kinda cheap compared to NARS but hey, you paid for the product and for me that's more important.

I totally recommend this! Will definitely repurchase!
-Happy customer

on 9/5/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love! Perfect golden glow on my NC35 skin. Shimmery, but not over the top "in your face" type. Just lovely.