E.L.F. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 3/20/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Imparts a luminescent golden, soft shimmer. Lovely.

on 3/18/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like this highlighter, but I don't love it because it doesn't have the best texture. I find ELF blushes to fade quick during the day because of its less fine texture. It's a great product for the price though, and if you're looking for a cheaply priced dupe of NARS Albatross and don't mind a slightly chunkier textured product, this is exactly what you're looking for.

on 3/16/2011 4:02:00 PM

I like this highlighter, it's just OKAY.....easy to blend, easy to apply. The only reason I would not repurchase is because I use so little on the cheekbones I think I will never run out~ I do have and LOVE all of the ELF Studio Blushes, I think tey are amazing quality and such a great price~

on 3/12/2011 6:51:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Sorry, no love!
It is a very dusty product, even when just carefully swatching with fingers it dusts all over the packaging, which overall makes it very easy to overdose.
There are gold sparkles in it, and an intense yellow golden pearl.
And let me stress _yellow_ again, because despite my golden skintone which can handle warm colors very well, even in very small amounts and used only on a very small area of my cheeks, this is just plain yellow shimmer on my face. It looks bizarre.. but actually suitable for the current carnival season.
At first it seemed ok in the bathroom and indoors lighting, but as soon as I got closer to a window.. Oh my!

When I use it it is mainly to highlight my cupids bow, on this tiny area it does a very nice job. A little could be dabbed on the center of the lips over a lipstick or gloss, but I haven't tried that yet.
Beyond that, the dramatic sparkly yellow golden shimmer would, to me, probably only be good when doing theatrical make up. Bright yellow golden shimmerpowder with lots of glitter in the face is just not for everyone.. and definitely not for me.

on 2/11/2011 4:32:00 PM

First off, Iīm a highlighter person- I love them & I got quite a few, from Benefit to Armani, so I know about the differences in certain price categories a.s.o...
Iīve bought the ELF "Gotta Glow" Highlighter because Iīve heard so many good things about it & wanted to give it a try - and what can I say: IT IS LOVELY !!!
I absolutely LOVE this highlighter as it shimmers golden & I think this is absolutely flattering!
In opposite of some other reviewers, I think it gives you a nice subtle glow that you can regulate,of course.
The price is unbeatable & the product itself is the best golden shimmer powder that I know.
Just go for it, you canīt go wrong! If you want to spend more money,invest in Armani Sheer Fluids, they are unbelievable but I donīt think thereīs really a need for it. Try this & you will love it!

I was so eager to use this when I purchased it online. I was disappointed when using a fan brush to highlight my face bc the product is chalky. It isnt at all similar to Albatross bc i swatched that in stores. This is a cheaper alternative, but not comprable. I do use it, but Im wary on the fallout that follows. Id rather use my Benefit High Beam orr MAC Soft & Gentle MSF.

on 12/16/2010 2:14:00 PM

Super chalky and powdery, and not at all comparable to NARS albatross. The shimmers in this is not very finely milled, so whatever product you end up applying to your face, your face ends up looking dirty. I blame it on the visible shimmer chunks. Its too powdery so that when you apply it, the product goes everywhere but your face, and you end up wasting a whole lot of product just trying to get it to show up. The price is cheap and the packaging is great. But its essencially a waste of my $3. Will not repurchase.

quite chalky and hard. doesn't last very long (as far as hitting pan goes). a bit too yellow/golden for my taste- but really it's the chalkiness that does it in for me. the lack of quality here really has an impact.

on 11/3/2010 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Look, I'm going to be honest here. I love my beauty products and all, but highlighters just aren't ones that I can see myself spending ridiculous amounts of cash on. If I had the money, yeah, I'd probably buy Albatross. But let's be serious here. It's not like we're talking about concealor or foundation which I AM willing to go over the top for, but there are plenty of highlighters that work well and if not exactly like high end products, they come pretty darn close. ELF's Gotta Glow happens to be one of those products. I would say it's for sure worth a shot if you don't want to spend money on a high end product but a cheaper one with pretty good quality.

on 11/2/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've never used Nars Albatross so I don't have that to compare to. I have bought the highlighters from the regular elf line and I like this one a lot better. The regular elf highlighter is very glittery and has a lot more fallout. This comes in a slight black package, and it is a light gold shimmer. It is not glittery at all. It has a little bit of fallout, but I use a fan brush and lightly swipe across it. I love the glow it provides, very subtle, and not at all fake looking. I use a little of this for everyday and more for going out. I'm very happy with this and will definitely repurchase.