Rimmel Stay Glossy (All Shades)

3.9

on 9/28/2012 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipgloss!! Its the best.. i got this as a gift one time and i fell in love i have almost every shade (exept the really nasty black one! haha)
* first it smells good
* second its bottle is sorta cute
*third its not sticky
* and lastly it really does stay on for at least 4 hours
* and it has a wife variety of colors!

i love this product!

on 9/25/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like these glosses. They are super shiny and moisturizing without being too slick, they don't migrate and pool, and they fade without getting sticky and leaving a ring in the inner corners of my lips. The price is also great, $4.99 where I live. I took off one lippie because the pigmentation isn't that good. These do look nice worn over lipstick, but I prefer to wear them alone. I will repurchase, and who knows, Rimmel may upgrade the pigmentation one day.

on 9/24/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I do not like this product...Its got the most horrible smell, like gasoline in a way. BLEECH! Hardly any color goes on lips but at least it does not dry them out. Thats the only upside.

on 9/19/2012 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got this in the color "all day seduction", a coral red with gold shimmer. Overall it's a pretty solid gloss. Comfortable wear, great shine, and reasonable wear time.
The wear time is definitely not the claimed 6 hours and the gloss is not super pigmented. It also has a scent and a hint of a taste, but nothing really noticeable.
I really like the packaging. There's a stopper, and with the paddle-shaped sponge applicator, it pulls out the just the perfect amount of product each time for me (YMMV).

on 9/7/2012 1:46:00 PM

I got the gold colored one. It's nice but there isn't much color to it. This is an awesome gloss to put over a light nude or pink color because it gives a golden tint. I would buy it again for sure.

on 9/6/2012 12:32:00 PM

I give a solid "meh" to this product. It's not great, but it's not terrible. I would say this for most of Rimmel's line, save their mascara, which is terrific.
This gloss isn't awful, but not awesome either. It's kind of runny, doesn't last, but it smells okay, and applies decently.

This is my favorite drugstore lipgloss. I prefer it to Revlon Colorbust + Super Lustrous lip glosses.

I have a tendency to be irritated or experience drying from lip glosses and balms and I have neither of these issues with the shades I have tried so far from the Stay Glossy line. This is one of the few lip glosses that I can wear without a moisturizing lip balm underneath.

I will say that these are not particularly pigmented, but I find they do wear better than most lip glosses and they fade evenly without that dreaded ring of sparkle or pigment on the edge of your lips. They're not too sticky either, more of a thin, waxy, slightly emollient texture.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip gloss, it looks gorgeous in the sun. It clearly doesn't last 6 hours, maybe 30 mins to 1 hr. I still love it, even though it has a weird smell.

on 8/12/2012 4:25:00 PM

I know many rave about Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss as the best at the drugstore. I prefer Stay Glossy to Revlon's. I will warn you: Rimmel's claim that this gloss will wear for 6 hours is false. If you are lucky, you might still feel it 3 hours later, max. The product feels fairly creamy on the lips as opposed to sticky and tacky. I like the fact that it's not too thin or thick. Color selection is impressive. They even have a black, goth shade. I am partial to "Stay Rosey", a light to medium pink. For the money, you can't beat this line at the drugstore for a reliable, non-sticky gloss.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not gonna lie, I was kind of disappointed by this. I picked this up in "Non-Stop Glamour", which is a pale peachy-pink with gold shimmer.

The good: The formula leaves my lips soft and doesn't dry them out, it has a nice shine, and the texture is slippery, but not sticky. The shimmer is subtle and not too glittery. It doesn't leave any weird residue behind as it fades, no white ring around the inside of my mouth, and it seems to wear evenly. I do think it's fairly priced for the quality.

The so-so: It's got the same squared off spongy-type applicator that the Revlon Colorburst glosses do, which gets the job done but I'm not crazy about it. It also has a distinct sweet/floral scent to it, and I noticed a slightly bitter taste to it, so if you're sensitive to fragrances and flavors you may want to steer clear.

The bad: It's much more sheer than I was expecting, so the shimmer is pretty much all that shows up on my darkly pigmented lips. It also doesn't last anywhere near 6-8 hours, on my lips without eating or drinking it lasted about an hour and a half. The first time I tried it on it slid around my mouth, but I had also applied it pretty heavily because I was trying to get the pink to show up. Normal application doesn't have this problem.

These would be nice to pick up for experimentation or for trendier colors that don't get worn much, since it's so inexpensive, but I won't be repurchasing. If you were also disappointed by how sheer Non-Stop Glamour is and are looking for a similar product, try Revlon Colorburst gloss in "Bellini" - it looks warmer/peachier, but because of the gold shimmer in the Rimmel version I think they're comparable.

Recommended for Medium Skin