April 21, 2014 | 1360 users online

Lip Gloss - Rimmel - Stay Glossy (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by melheartsmakeup

I love this lip gloss, it looks gorgeous in the sun. It clearly doesn't last 6 hours, maybe 30 mins to 1 hr. I still love it, even though it has a weird smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know many rave about Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss as the best at the drugstore. I prefer Stay Glossy to Revlon's. I will warn you: Rimmel's claim that this gloss will wear for 6 hours is false. If you are lucky, you might still feel it 3 hours later, max. The product feels fairly creamy on the lips as opposed to sticky and tacky. I like the fact that it's not too thin or thick. Color selection is impressive. They even have a black, goth shade. I am partial to "Stay Rosey", a light to medium pink. For the money, you can't beat this line at the drugstore for a reliable, non-sticky gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not gonna lie, I was kind of disappointed by this. I picked this up in "Non-Stop Glamour", which is a pale peachy-pink with gold shimmer.

The good: The formula leaves my lips soft and doesn't dry them out, it has a nice shine, and the texture is slippery, but not sticky. The shimmer is subtle and not too glittery. It doesn't leave any weird residue behind as it fades, no white ring around the inside of my mouth, and it seems to wear evenly. I do think it's fairly priced for the quality.

The so-so: It's got the same squared off spongy-type applicator that the Revlon Colorburst glosses do, which gets the job done but I'm not crazy about it. It also has a distinct sweet/floral scent to it, and I noticed a slightly bitter taste to it, so if you're sensitive to fragrances and flavors you may want to steer clear.

The bad: It's much more sheer than I was expecting, so the shimmer is pretty much all that shows up on my darkly pigmented lips. It also doesn't last anywhere near 6-8 hours, on my lips without eating or drinking it lasted about an hour and a half. The first time I tried it on it slid around my mouth, but I had also applied it pretty heavily because I was trying to get the pink to show up. Normal application doesn't have this problem.

These would be nice to pick up for experimentation or for trendier colors that don't get worn much, since it's so inexpensive, but I won't be repurchasing. If you were also disappointed by how sheer Non-Stop Glamour is and are looking for a similar product, try Revlon Colorburst gloss in "Bellini" - it looks warmer/peachier, but because of the gold shimmer in the Rimmel version I think they're comparable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Ashleyx

I like this product. The packaging chips off and falls off after a bit and I don't know what colour I have anymore. But I like this product it doesn't dry out my lips the colour stays on a bit more than just a regular gloss which I like.. but it doesn't stay on 6 hours maybe an hour and a bit. It has a nice smell and it feels moisturizing. I would recommend it. Mine is a pink/red colour I get compliments wearing it so its a keeper. Worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkky

I don't stick to one brand of makeup for long, nor do I usually buy repeats of products. If I do find something I love I will repurchase. Rimmel products are inexpensive and a few items i will definitely be buying from this line. They stay glossy lip gloss is one of them. I have this in "immortal charm" which gives a natural colour (me being fair). It looks fresh and healthy. Not to mention that this lasts quite a while. I also have bought this in "all day seduction" and "timeless allure" . All these colours look great on and for the price you can buy a good variety.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have 3 of these and I love them. Seduce Me is clear and wears great over any lip pencil. All Day Seduction is a peachy rose with gold shimmer...this is a nice daytime look. Captivate Me is a medium mauve with subtle shimmer that is not too gold or silver. These really do wear very well for a gloss. They are a tiny bit sticky but not uncomfortably so. A clear lip pencil keeps the gloss from sliding outside my lipline. I usually do not like lipgloss because it never lasts more than 30 minutes but Stay Glossy really does stay on and keeps lips soft never grainy or dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's perfecto. The neck of the tube has enough of space, it it long staying, comforting, mosturizing, and long lasting. All night long is my favorite shade, a plum (burgundy) type, tthis gloss definatly rocks, wkth a HG high shine, Rimmel makes good stufff that rocks

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by cfortune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: inexpensive, gloss doesn't leak out of the tube, moisturizing
Cons: does not last 30 minutes, let alone 6 hours as claimed

If you're looking for a regular gloss in a pretty shade at a great price, this is the gloss for you. However, if you're in the market for a gloss that lasts longer than 30 minutes, keep on looking- this isn't it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what color I bought because they don't print it on the tube for some reason, but I think it's "All Day Seduction" which is a pretty pink color with some shimmer. If you swatch it on your hand, it looks like it might be more opaque, but it goes on sheer. This one does have a pretty shimmer to it, applies smoothly, and is not sticky. I think it has kind of a weird smell, but I don't smell it after I put it on my lips. From the name, I thought this might last longer than other lipglosses, but it doesn't. It seems to last just as long as any other lip gloss. It's nice enough and doesn't cost too much, so I might repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Emmiloves

The name of this product is a joke

Pros: non-sticky! slides smoothly on. Not highly pigmented but nice colour
all the same

Con: massive con - this does not stay glossy. Without drinking anything, this dried out on my lips within 30 mins - 30 minutes!!!!

Not long lasting, not a special lipgloss except I do like the constistency
but not good bang for your buck.