October 21, 2014 | 2040 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by aelskar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I work in a hot and busy restaurant so a great place to test out this product! ;)

Normally after a few hours my make up has completely slided off my face, and when trying to fix it with pressed powder I end up a cakey mess!!

With this setting spray, I don't get any of the usual cakey-ness and my make up stays put! Amazing!

It loses one lippy as unfortunately it does nothing to alleviate oiliness, and I still need to top up with pressed powder throughout the night.

But overall I am pleased with how much better my make up looks at the end of the night after using this setting spray!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A couple of months ago I bought ELF's makeup setting spray after hearing/reading about how makeup setting sprays make your makeup stay on & look good longer. I could tell a little bit of a difference, but not anything substantial.
A few weeks ago, Nordstrom Rack had the mini size of Urban Decay's All Nighter, so I bought a bottle to see if it was better than ELF's.
For 4 days in a row, I did my makeup (I also tried it with two different foundations) & sprayed one side with ELF, the other side with UD. The UD spray goes on in a nice fine mist, & the ELF spray goes on much wetter & takes a few minutes to dry. But the end result was the same for both sides of my face. Neither product made my makeup last longer than the other, & neither product caused my makeup to oxidize.
The bottom line for me is that even though I like that UD's spray went on in a finer, drier mist, in the end, it didn't work any better than the $3 ELF spray. But ultimately, neither one made my makeup last so much longer that I feel the need to incorporate using a setting spray into my makeup routine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

Pros: I really like the product. It makes a HUGE difference in how much my make up breaks up as the day goes on. I love the way it make the make up look like 'skin' instead of just sitting on it.

Cons: It's expensive the spray is not well controlled, so that is kind of wasted. I have a combo skin, mostly just my TZone and this does VERRRY little to help that. Just enough were I could go with out a powder midday but I would not be looking fresh faced by the end of the day.

I think the packaging looks kind of tacky and cheap though. If there are going to charge 30 for a bottle I would like the bottle to not make my shelf look ugly. Just saying lol

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by kamilamik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cycle everyday and end up a little sweaty after and this really helps with keep my makeup on my face. I also tried it on a night out and was so surprised when I saw my face in the mirror and everything was still intact! Will definite repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a good setting spray. I have oily skin so next time I might buy the de-slick one, but not until I used up this one. It does nothing to keep my skin matte, but it sure helps with keeping the makeup looking good longer and making it stay on and not gliding. I use this as the last step when I've finished doing my makeup, I know some people use it before putting on makeup too, but I didn't see any difference when doing so. It lasts long, I think I've had my bottle for at least 6 months and I use it almost every day. It is now half-empty. Had to buy it via the internet since Urban Decay products does not retail in Sweden where I live. Good buy, will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Review: I really like this setting spray! It made my makeup stay on all day and I didn't even have to touch up until the end of the night. This is a miracle because without it, I usually had to touch up every hour or so. I think that the best way to use this product is to spray each quarter of your face so that the product is evenly distributed. I found that if you overspray then that makes your makeup really oily and it's just not pretty. I hard to learn that the hard way, lol.

Packaging: I generally like the packaging, except for the fact that it has two caps, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Price: The price is understandable because it's a higher end product and it actually works. This is much more worth your money than the travel size. It was 4 oz for $29 vs 1 oz for $15, so you choose. Initially I was gonna buy the smaller one because I didn't need that much setting spray, but to be honest just get the original size and buy a small spray bottle or something.

Overall I would buy this again. I think it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by simplysarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It feels like it works! But I do notice my makeup runs a little. I use it mostly to make my makeup not look too cakey. But I do notice it works a bit and I can't help but keep buying it. It works way better when wearing urban decay products!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'd heard and read some pretty positive reviews about this spray, and needing my makeup to last all day for my wedding, I decided to give it a chance - I'm SO glad I did! I applied my makeup in full and gently misted my face afterwards, and that was it - my makeup was flawless all day (it lasted 10am-11:30pm with no touch up). I was so impressed with it that I thought I'd put it to the test and wear it over my makeup on my busiest workday (Friday, I work in a bar) - despite running around and sweating like anything, my makeup stayed pristine! I honestly can't recommend this enough! As a side note: I have extremely dry skin, and this didn't cling to or highlight any dry patches, nor did it give out as the day wore on and I was sweating loads - normally the makeup on my forehead, nose, and chin would melt off under such circumstances. VERY pleased with this spray, and will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jesscvz88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on the Urban Decay website when it was on sale. Its the XL bottle and i got it for $20. It works great!! I put it on after i have done all my makeup and it make the powdery dull look go away after about 4 mins. It helps my makeup last longer and i dont get oily as fast. I have tried the UD oil slik setting spray but that one didnt work for me. This one is amazing. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well, for starters, the exorbitant price is a MAJOR turn-off. Especially for what it is, and the fact alone that it gets used up so quickly, no matter how much I tried to ration my uses of it. When I first bought this I only used it strictly for humid days if I was going to be doing outside activities and had a 'natural full face' on (which I usually do anyways, no matter how much I try to go minimal on the products :D). Or for occasions such as job interviews where I needed my makeup to stay on point and my face to stay alive and not turn into a dull mess by the time I got there (happens with nerves lol, the blood rushes from my face). This worked beautifully, and my makeup stayed put and stayed looking fresh (without primer!) for 10+ hours every time I used it. I would say this at least doubled (dare I say tripled) the staying power and vibrancy of my blush and even bronzer, both of which my skin tends to eat up after about 2 hours, and that's WITH powder. I do regret not getting this in the mattifying formula though, as my makeup did look a bit dewier than usual by the end of the day, whereas if I hadn't used this my makeup would be a cakey hot mess, but still more matte than it would've been.

However, I began using it more often, because it was the only product I had that calmed and soothed my crazy inflamed skin down after a bout of acne I had to deal with for a few months. Not only that, but it can also get a bit dangerously addictive because of the cooling sensation lol. Let's be honest, when we spray stuff on our face, it makes us feel like big-girl professional makeup artists, am I right? No? Well, maybe it's just me, then.
The $29 pricetag makes me cringe, and I would only buy this again if I had a coupon code, because the price just can't justify the functionality of such a simple product. Something that you can make at home, even, and get the same results. I think the majority of the cost was put into the design of the outside sticker on the bottle (haha that sounds silly), a city-scape skyline theme. I don't really care for the OTT packaging, but I digress. It has never leaked, so the packaging serves its purpose in that respect.