Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl jkDiisopropyl Propionamide, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glucdonolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance. hh

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I haven't tried other makeup setting sprays to compare, but this stuff works great for me so I probably won't explore others. I spray as directed on the package (across the face in an "X" and "T" formation), and my makeup looks fresh all day. I used to look tired by the end of the day after my concealer and eyeshadow wore off, but this spray keeps it looking fresh. They have travel sizes usually in the sample size sections at sephora and ulta, which I bought first to try it out.

on 1/16/2015 12:07:00 AM

I ended up getting a bottle of this for free during an offer. It's alright, definitely helps with my makeup but I don't use it every day as I'm scared it'll make me break out. It smells exactly like hair spray and leaves your face feeling tight.

As far as settings sprays go, this is pretty good. Probably one of the best out there. I really don't use makeup setting sprays very often because I don't believe they're necessary and I never see a huge difference/improvement with the use of them. However, I do like this one and have repurchased a few times.

on 1/13/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love the All Nighter setting spray. I have oily skin and large pores, so even light foundation can look cakey on me. This spray gave me a very natural and glowing finish. I used this while on vacation in Florida last june, and despite the humidity my makeup looked great all day. It doesn't prevent oil, so I would just touch up with blotting paper.

After I ran out I purchased a sample of the De-slick spray, but I much prefer the finish of the All Nighter spray. Both help make-up last longer, but the All nighter also enhanced the overall look.

on 1/8/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My skin profile: Sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin

Pros:
+Very effective in prolonging staying power of foundation, especially in very hot and humid tropical weather (Singapore!).
I cannot begin to describe how revolutionary this is to me, because most foundations only last 4-6 hours tops on me. With this,I can skip powder and look immaculate for >10hours even running outdoors!

+Available in sample size
+A little goes a long way

Cons:
-The spray is not fine enough and this results in dripping on my foundation, shifting it slightly. So I use this spray after foundation and before concealer. It still works,but I'm deducting one star for the inconvenience.
-Does not prevent skin from oiling up,but this is NOT what it claims to do anyway.
-Packaging is not as pretty as typical UD products

Conclusion:
I've read that this spray is manufactured by Skindinavia,which has its own product line at a much cheaper price and ships worldwide, so I'm trying that once my current spray runs out.

on 1/5/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this setting spray. Well in honesty it's the first I've ever used but I've never had my makeup last so well over such a long period. I sprayed this about 4 times on my face on Christmas and my foundation hardly budged for the day despite the mania of the day. The price is high. Perhaps a little too high. But I feel like there is plenty of product in the cans (I have both a full-sized and a travel-sized can). I love it... It's great. Urban Decay have yet to let me down.

on 1/4/2015 2:45:00 AM

My thoughts are mixed on this product - after having it for over a year... I'm still not sure whether I like it or don't like it!

This product on the other hand, does what it says it will. I've noticed that my skin has become less oily and it is pretty lightweight (that is if you spray it on the right way - not too close to your face and not too many sprays). Spraying too close has made my skin too 'wet' and not only caused some of my mascara to clump and smear, but also resulted in a sticky film being cast on my skin. It does have a really nice cooling effect when you spray it on - which I do like :)

I have not noticed any miracle work of this product, although I do not have super oily skin where my makeup doesn't last long and just slips off my face. I also always use a primer for my face, an eye primer and then I set my foundation with powder, so this may be why I'm not seeing a huge difference when I use the spray.

I also found that the packaging surface which has a silicon-y/ matte feel tends to get quite dirty with makeup over time; however that might just be me it happens to.

I would still repurchase regardless.

on 12/28/2014 2:31:00 AM

Used this recently til it ran out. It didn't really make a difference in my opinion. The mist isn't as fine as the MAC one, and you need like 5 sprays to get all the parts of your face cause the mist doesn't cover much. Luckily I bought the travel size, but it ran out in about a month. MAC is way better imo

on 12/23/2014 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is amazing stuff! For a while i was using a cheap version by Kiko which did the job but last for a few hours before it wears off. This is amazing stuff! So i was in Debhanams looking and browsing the Urban Decay Range when the MUA explained the deal which was two for £20 which is a total bargain, she asked if she can try it on my face and i said sure. I explained that i have a oily t zone and i like the dewy finish but i also like it slightly mattiefied lol if that makes sense! So when she sprayed shes like i know! It feels wet but it will dry up and it dead and it makes my makeup look sooo fresh. No cakeyness. It does not cling to any dry patches or run down you face or ruin your makeup it is just perfect. Absolutely love this! Urban decay you did good! Hope this helps x

on 12/20/2014 5:07:00 AM

The very best setting spray ever!!! I have oily acne prone skin. I also have melasma and acne scars (pitted and discoloration) that requires that I apply multiple layers of foundation and concealer on trouble spots and then set with a powder to set. Oftentimes, the layers result in a cake face appearance. In the past, I would just deal with the dry cake face for a few hours until my natural oilyness started coming though to give me a bit of luminosity. About an hour of the luminosity, my makeup would just start to melt off. Then I discovered the All Nighter. :) It takes away the cake face appearance, helps my makeup to last all day and gives me that healthy glow appearance back to my skin. The mist is superfine and doesn't disturb foundation or concealer at all. It has a light fresh scent that doesn't overpower when applying and disappears quickly. My only con is that it is so expensive.

Popular Primer/ Correctors