April 19, 2014 | 1844 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Heather Silk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Stacibravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The pigmentation on this s craaazzy! Just tap your brush once for each cheek and I'm still buffing it out! I love it! I got it half off when Walgreens had their most recent sale.I will definitely repurchase, however it will be FOREVER before i have to bc this is gonna last a loooooong time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ClassicGlamour813

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a bit wary of the Wet 'n' Wild blushes because I hated the one in Pearlescent Pink, since it was so shimmery. This one, however has almost no shimmer, which I love because I prefer matte products. It's very pigmented, too. The only con about this product is the packaging, but that takes nothing away from the wonderful quality of this blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by cattyblue21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this blush and two others from this line. Amazing! is all i can say. Ladies go get it, for $2 you can't beat it. Sometimes the drug stores has it for 50% off and u can get it for $1. This blush can compete with my Clinique blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by MissCanuck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Colour me surprised! I bought this on a whim, and frankly didn't expect too much out of it. For the price, though, I wasn't too nervous about taking a risk. The shade is well-suited to my skin tone, and I can't believe how pigmented it is! I barely need to dab my brush into the powder to pick up quite a lot of colour, and you can build it up easily. It also lasts a long time on me.

The packaging is nothing special and the brush is awful. The one is my compact was actually cut unevenly..it literally looks like someone took scissor to the bristles! I wasn't expecting to get an awesome brush, though. I just use my regular blush brush (I ditched the one it came with)

I will be experimenting with other shades in this range. For the price, it's easy to play with all of them. Quite impressed for such an inexpensive product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by mistylovesnikras

This is the first WnW blush I have bought. I typically will not purchase DS cosmetics. However, I gave into curiosity and boy was I blown away! I could not wait to compare this with one of my NARS blushes. The texture, pigmentation, and how long these last is parallel to a NARS blush. The colors are not the same as NARS, at least this is not the same as any of my NARS blushes but this is a real gorgeous raspberry blush that looks lovely on me when applied with a light hand. I think on darker skin tones this blush would be beautiful also. Great blush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I have the newest version, in the black packaging that was released this year. I think the color is different now because the one I have is much darker/more red then the picture posted for the origional heather silk in the silver package.

I picked this up because of all the raves, but it just didn't work for me. yes, it is super pigmented and the texture is great but i couldn't make it work. I barely touched it with my blush brush and swept it on me cheeks and it was way too dark. I even tried it with a duo fiber brush, and it still looked awful. I was hoping I could blend it more to soften he look - nope. The only color it goes on is super super red. The color makes me looked sunburned. I am NC20 and there is just no making it work for me, which is a shame.

I will not try and rate this too horribly though, because I think it is good quality and it would probably be beautiful and dark-skinned ladies.

The packing sucks, but it is better then they used to be...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by jess1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This blush is very nice and very cheap. I do find that you have to be gentle with your brush as it is pretty soft and you can make a powdery mess but other than that its fine. I dont use the brush that came with it so I cant comment on that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Okay so this product is not packaged in a glamorous box but it is not that bad. I absolutely love the pigmentation of this blush. The shade is a bright pink that looks very natural on my NC30 color. I had been using a Loreal blush that caused some irritation on my skin so I was really concerned about the quality of this product. To my much surprise, I have not had any problem with this blush. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by soniawoniapart2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is really nice. I'm not very big on pink blushes, but this one is a darker pink, so I like it. Completely matte and soft. Blends beautifully. It's very pigmented, very little is all I need. I was in a hurry one day and ran out the door without putting anything on my lips. I looked in my purse for the usual l/s I keep inside it and It was nowhere to be found. No lip balm either. All I had in there was this blush. So I thought, why not? I put it on my lips and omg. Instant MLBB. It looked so pretty. Like a matte l/s. It didn't dry my lips out and it lasted so long. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by RedJeanie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blush! Very bright and super pigmented but donít let that scare you. Just use a light touch with your brush when touching it to the pan. Blends easily. Not matte or glittery. Smooth silky finish like the name implies. It is the color of Heather - but the Pink kind and not the purpley. Stays very bright for maybe 4 hours and fades a little but never completely vanishes. I have oily skin and it is summer so I imagine it lasts longer in the fall and winter months. Color stays true and doesnít oxidize into something totally different. It stays pink. Great blush for getting that cute doll face look! Iím very pale with blue eyes and red hair.
I don't have a problem with the packaging. I like that its black and not white. Looks cleaner to me. White would show the fallout more. The brush is so so but thats ok. We all know the included brushes are just a courtesy. I do use the brush though! I use the flat sides to put it on and the soft tip to blend it.
I have to add that Wet&Wild has really improved their formulas. I am old enough to have used their products in the 80ís. My very first lipsticks were made by them. I hope they keep the prices low! I think I paid $2.99 for this blush and it was a steal. Money is super tight and if it had cost more I wouldnít have bought it or any other for that matter. Believe it or not I havenít worn blush since I was eleven years old! This was my first adult blush purchase and now Iím hooked. Thank you Wet&Wild!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No