July 29, 2014 | 1681 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by deborah274

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this palette isn't getting as good a review! This is my first WnW e/s that I purchased and used today. I'm a fan of subtle eye makeup when I head to work or school, so this shows up perfectly on my lids giving me a contoured look that's just nice.
This is one of the best drugstore eyeshadows I've ever had! This in comparison to the Japanese brand Majolica Majorca that's supposedly a drugstore favourite in Asia is MUCH MORE WORTH IT. On top of that, the quality is superb. Colours show up, no fallout.
I'm suprised some people mentioned fallout, what you can do is use a powder brush with a bit of loose powder and swipe gently under you eyes or wherever the fallout may be. It's a fuss free way of getting it out without ruining the rest of your makeup.
I must say however, that the highlight/browbone shade is significantly lighter. It's a very good shade, comparable to Benefit's High Beam, for highlighting.
The brown's good as well, it doesn't look muddied on me nor does it eccentuate the slight darkness around my eyes. However, the pink is a tad disappointing, but I never had pinks show up good around my eyes yet.
The packaging is not that excellent and I rated it a 3/5 as my brushes popped out when I tried opening them.
Other than that, I'm really excited to try out more WnW e/s palettes after this good experience!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great trio. I normally attempt to use the trio as marked but after I finish the crease I feel like it needs something and always end up swipping on satin taupe.

Colors are great. Awesome price. Great everyday kinda trio.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ericamarie3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to take this pallet home and try them out. The colors are beautiful in the pan. Unfortunately, this product didnt do much for me. These colors are extremely pigmented, but they do not apply very easily for me. The brow bone colors is extremely too light for my skin tone, and the brown does not even show up on my skin. I would not purchase this product again, sorry to say. :o(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautifully pigemented eyeshadows! I love the crease color, I use it everyday. I usually wear all three together, which gives me nice everyday pink eyelook, which I love! These shadows are shimmery, so if you only like matte or another finish, pass on these!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

very pretty colors loving the pink. all have shimmer and are labeled so you know where each one goes. i also have this in walking on egg shells and their great trios for the price. totally agree with vanillarush that it does look like Neapolitan ice cream :) looks pretty with a soft touch of my NYC pink blush and revlon wink for pink lipstick. sounds like pink over load but the lipstick and blush can be toned down so everything looks vibrant and healthy instead of clownish. would recommend these to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by tweetybird101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These eyeshadows are so gorgeus!:) Love them so much! it actually really looks like you are eyecandy! LOL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Love this for brown or hazel eyes. It goes on smoothly, colors are great, nothing not to like about this shadow. great eye look when you dont want to think about combinations of colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom recently bought this and I had the chance to try this trio out. I don't like this trio. It's because the browbone color is barely visiable. Same goes with the eyelid color. The crease color has quite the oigmentation though. I was hoping all three shadows were pigmented like that. I think it was a waste of money even though it was cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by VanillaRush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this, great for the price. This is my first Wet n' Wild purchase and I want to get more of these shadows already. I like the cute color scheme, reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream.

Color/Pigmentation: The cream color was true to the package, the pink came out a little more subdued than in the pan, the brown is a lovely matte-ish brown. They're all a bit shimmery.

Staying power: Very good. Rubbed my eye a bit, didn't budge. Stays put well enough.

Price: Super cheap, 3 bucks at the Dollar General.

Packaging: Nothing fancy but it does the job and doesn't break so... good.

Would repurchase. Especially if on a budget.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually love the Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadows and they have become a daily makeup staple but surprisingly this one was a dissapointment.My mom got this at the dollar store and as soon as I saw it I wanted to give it a try. I dont know whats wrong with this trio of shadows since I have had such a great experience with other WnW shadows. These did not go on smoothly like the other shadows and was very chalky. This looked very uneven and I ended up removing it. I will deffinently reourchase other WnW shadows but this trio was rather disapointing.