NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 3/5/2014 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Love this eye primer. This is my HG product. I'm on my third tube of this. Love how smooth and velvety the product is. Highly recommended this eye primer. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This product is the shiz-nit!!! Hands down, best eyeshadow primer I have used to this day. (I've tried urban decay primer potion, too faced shadow insurance, Laura mercier eye basics and prestige primed eye primer).

This product comes in a tube with nars' rubberized matte packaging. Applicator is a doe foot wand. Formula is white and silicon-y. It glides on sooo smooth. Even when you apply eyeshadow right after, you can blend your eyeshadows without any problems.

A little goes a long way. I only use one swipe for each eye. I applied my eye makeup around 930am, worked an 8 hour shift (I work in a restaurant so I do sweat and I do also have oily lids/skin), went to the gym, did my usual 1.5 hours of cardio with running and bicycling..... And my eye makeup is still intact with no creasing!!!!

It is a pricey product but I definitely would invest money in my face and eye primers because longevity is what I look for in my makeup routine. Definitely would repurchase! :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Its OK. I wouldn't consider it my HG because if I use it every single day my lids become irritated. But for those times that I do use it it definitely keeps my shadows from creasing and fading. Definitely will not repurchase as I don't use it on a daily basis.

on 2/15/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!
I've been using this eye primer for almost a year now and don't understand how I lived without it previously. My oily eye lids no longer suffer with eyeshadow creases or eyeshadow just melting away and disappearing from my face. The beauty of this product is that once it's on underneath your eyeshadow, not even sweat will budge your eyeshadow, it's literally that good of a product.

You don't need much of the product, just a tiny dab on each eyelid, then give it a rub in and you're good to go. This means the product will last you a while as well!

I can't fault the product, however I can question the packaging. I love the design of NARS packaging, but with this product I can see people having issues with not being able to see how much product is left, and questioning if the doe foot applicator is the most hygienic design.

Price wise I'm a bit iffy on. I'm Australian, so instead of paying $25 for this product, I forked out $39 at Mecca Maxima. If I lived in the US
I wouldn't be iffy on the price at all as $25 seems completely reasonable for a high end product!

on 2/14/2014 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was torn between giving this primer a 3.5 or 4 lippies. The first thing I don't like about it is the container because there is no way for me to know when it will be running out. The second drawback is it leaves a white cast on the lid if you don't glide it carefully enough on your lid. Some would think it is not a problem because you will cover it up with shadows anyway. But it still can leave a white trace, a gloppy one at that, if you don't pay attention or if you have creases on your lids.

Updates: after using it for a month and getting used to its thick and gloppy white consistency, I found that it works better than UDPP in 2 respects: it is easier to blend the shadows and the shadows last longer (with no smudge as it clams) than the UDPP. I guess I will have to stick with this one.

on 2/11/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this primer. I've used this primer with cheap eye shadow and it prevents it from creasing! Worth every penny.

on 2/10/2014 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I'm on the fence about this primer. This is going to sound bizarre, but I have really oily eyelids but also get really bad eczema on my eyelids. This primer feels silky on application and settles into this lovely powdery texture. It helps my shadow last without creasing for most of the day, but I do find that if I'm going from day to night, eye shadow creases in the evening without a reapplication. Unfortunately, if I use this on a regular basis (rather than only on special occasions, which is what I've started doing) it exacerbates my eczema.

on 2/5/2014 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is one of those products that is a life changer. I have oily eyelids and it doesn't take long when I wear eyeshadow for there to be a crease. Every time I use this, my eyeshadow stays intact until I take it off! It's amazing! Even if I accidentally rub my eye, my eyeshadow stays on. Fantastic product :) The only, very very slight downside, is that it's a little more difficult to blend eyeshadows when applying. And I question the sanitary aspect of it being a a lipgloss-like container.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it a lot on her videos and she swears by it. I however wanted a different use for it. I currently am using a combination of MAC Studio Finish Concealer (Shades 35+42) and Giorgio Armani Color Corrector (Orange)...to conceal my dark circles and naso labial folds. These two are not holy grail material but I have been using these two combination for years and have gone through many concealers and I stick by them for now. Anyway, the problem I have is I usually end up with concealers fading close to my tear ducts and also slight creasing in some areas that I end up lookin like I have more makeup than I actually wear and have a dark ring on my lash lines. I love my makeup looking natural fresh and the whole no makeup makeup look. So I resorted to using NARS primer in hopes that itd reduce the fading and creasing... after all if it can do that to a very mobile eye lid why not the less mobile under eye area. Long story short... it did absolutely nothing for creasing and fading. The packaging is lip gloss like and it can be a bit unhygienic Id much prefer it a squeeze tube where I dont end up digging for products when its still pretty brand new. There doesnt seem to be much inside a tube of it. Its a bit pricey for what I use it for. I yet have to ask my sister to try it for its intended purpose of eye shadows but for now... Im not too keem in repurchasing this.

on 2/1/2014 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm sold on this stuff. I used a teeny bit, with some cheap eyeshadow from ELF to really test it out, and it went on so nicely. It brought out the pigment so well, that even my husband noticed how purple my eyeshadow was. You know it works when even a guy can spot the difference.

It's pricey. No doubt about that. But you can go cheaper on eye shadows because the primer gives them more pigment and staying power (ie: Wet n Wild, ELF, NYX all make excellent low-end eye shadows). It all evens out (or even saves you money!) in the end. So you can save the MAC and NARS shadows for special occasions ;)

Top Rated NARS Products