December 21, 2014 | 997 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jessica2015

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have VERY oily eyelids. And I have tried different primers, and each one I tried , within 4-6 hours, my eye shadow creased.But once I tried this one, my eyelids do not get greasy, or crease. It DOES NOT CREASE for 12 hours I kid you not. So if you have really oily eyelids, buy this! It is absolutely worth every penny!

**I also put this on my under eye, and it keeps my concealer right where I put it.**

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried many primers including MAC's paintpots, UDPP, too faced shadow insurance but this was the best one!

It keeps my eyeshadow intact all day long and I like its texture!

However, I'm not a fan of the packaging...wish it came in a tube :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I got this in one of the Sephora 500 pts packages and I know this will sound silly but I just had a feeling that this would be the one product that I did not like. Lo and behold, it is the one product that I don't like. I have really oily eyelids and have been very loyal to the Urban Decay Primer Potion since it has worked amazingly for me since day one. I used this primer under a black and silver smokey eye that I wore to a New Years Eve party and I went to the washroom about halfway through the party, looked in the mirror and to my horror, my eyeshadow was all creased and has moved all over my eyelid. I tried it as well at a party on New Years day and the exact same result. I never have had this problem using UDPP. I definitely would not recommend, nor would I purchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

I purchased this to replace my Urban Decay Primer Potion based on the wonderful reviews. I am very disappointed in this product and will not repurchase. My eyeshadow creases horribly by the afternoon, almost as if I weren't wearing primer. I've tried using different amounts on my lids thinking I was using too much product, but nothing helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by soybones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this eyeshadow primer. It kept my eyeshadow on all night and through the morning on New Years. My eyeshadow looked practically new after I woke up in my makeup (I know it's bad to do, but it was New Years haha), with only a tiny bit of intensity lost. I have quite oily lids and this product really helps preventing any movement of eyeshadow that would happen if I didn't use a primer.

For the quality of this product, I really don't mind the price. It's AU$39 but I got it from Sephora through a shipping company for the American price of US$24 (AU$26.85). If I were desperate and couldn't wait to do another order from America, I would possibly spend the full AU$39 - it's that good of a product.

I don't entirely like the packaging, or just NARS packaging in general, because of the matte finish; it makes it super easy to get grubby. It could also be better if it were in a squeeze tube instead so you can get every drop possible. Other than those two things to say, it's not bad packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

I love this primer! I was using the UDPP for years but found my shadows were creasing after 4-6 hours. My eyelids are super oily so I had kind of given up. I figured I would try this stuff and I'm in love. My shadows don't move after a full day of work and going out after work. The texture is very silky and it dries completely clear. It is pricey so I will still use my udpp for shorter days.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Meh.

Without primer, my eyeshadow just disappears slowly. It doesn't crease, just slowly fades.

I bought it after reading Temptalia rave about it for so long and I'm super meh about it. It's nothing special - no extra long lasting eyeshadow power, doesn't give a white base so doesn't make eyeshadow pop more, etc. UD eye primer works much better on my normal eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is noticeably better than elf and urban decay. A little goes a long way! This keeps my lid and brow makeup unsmudged and uncreased for the long haul (I work 12 hour shifts). I got the deluxe sample then bought full size right away although the sample looks to last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

I love this primer! I even prefer this one over the Urban Decay primer potion. It's super creamy and blendable.

Check out my tutorial using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by misspeke

Tried a few primers including urban decay and that failed on. Really happy that I only have a slight crease after a long hot humid day. This will be my go to eye primer for sure.