July 23, 2014 | 1201 users online

Eye Primer - Palladio - Herbal Eyeshadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was excited to try this on the recommendation of emilynoel83. Alas did not work out well for me. tried it three days under outside and indoor settings, all three days my eyeshadow creased. fyi my eyelids are extremely oily so in the morning i use blotting sheets and wash the extra oils off,pat dry and apply primer etc. on third day i even used mattifying lotion than this primer, still creased. Eyeshadows used were 1st day covergirl, 2nd day clinique, 3rd day toofaced. returned.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jenjen80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I can't believe this has as good of reviews as it does! This is the worst eye primer I've ever used! I have dry lids, so I don't have creasing issues even if I go without an eye primer, but I like to use one so that I have a base for shadow to stick to. Sadly, this didn't help one bit. I wore MAC Family Silver, which is very shimmery, and just over an hour later my lids looked really dull and there was barely any shimmer left. By the end of the workday I looked like I hadn't slept at all last night. I'm returning it to Sally's and getting my $6.49 back!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by EllieAppleSauce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

okay so i got this from sally's for about 7 dollars. it's great. it keeps my shadow on all day. but the way i do it is since i have slightly oily lids i actually put the face primer i use on them to help control oil. then i put this. then a base. i usually use just any liquid foundation as a base. the only thing that i noticed though is that its SOOO hard to blend colors together. i had a harsh line. i don't mind the harsh line cause i like REEALLY intense makeup but i wasn't going for that particular look when i tried this. but i will defiantly buy again. oh! and i absolutely hate this packaging. it looks nice and all... but i can't get enough out in on try for my lid cause i have pretty round/ big eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by LEVMEALONA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off I have really oily eyelids, so even UDPP does NOT hold all day for me, i do get creasing with it. In comparison to UDPP, UDPP keep my eyeshadows from creasing alot longer. Also, if you do the math the amount you get in this package is 0.17 oz for $7-$8 , where as with UDPP if you get the XL one you get 0.55 oz for $23, so you get more for your money with UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by TIA1127

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this primer quite a bit. The only other primer I've tried is L'Oréal Decrease and is sucked. I've never tried UDPP or TFSI so I can't really compare it to anything HE. I have hooded eyes and this keeps my shadow in place quite well. I have a minor complaints against it. It is a little hard to blend eye shadows on. I have to be careful to apply this just where my creases are and no where else other wise it is hard to blend. Luckily this isn't too big a problem for me because I have a lot of skin between my lids and eye brows. It loses one lippie for blendability. The price is average for a DS product, about $10.00 but I got mine on sale. The packaging will make it hard to get the last little bit out so product will be wasted. I will buy this product again at least until I finally break down and buy UDPP or TFSI or I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is really good! I tried it thanks to EmilyNoel83 on Youtube and she was so right about how good this stuff is! Comparable to a more expensive primer. However, I wish the packaging were different. I can see it will be very difficult to get most/all of the product out since there is a very small opening that the wand goes through. So very good primer but not so good packaging. Love this! Brings out the color of your shadows and makes them stay all day- plus no creasing!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

cons:

one it lasted for 4 hrs tops.
the packaging is horrible
you have to use a ton for it to even last for 4 hrs.

pros:
the only good thing is that this lasted longer the TFSI and it was only 8 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

YouTube Guru EmilyNoel83 was absolutely right on with her review of the Palladio Herbal Eyeshadow Primer. For me, this ranks up there with the likes of TFSI or UDPP. It goes on smoothly, really pops the colors of my eyeshadows and lasts all day with no creasing. My eyeshadow looks as good when I go to remove it at 11pm as it did when I first applied it at 7am. I also like the fact that it is herbal, as it makes me feel like I am doing something good for my eyelids. The $8 price tag at Sally Beauty Supply is nothing to sneeze at either. My only complaint with this primer is the Urban Decay-like packaging. The product comes in a mascara-like tube with the doe-foot applicator. Whereas UDPP can be depotted to insure that you are able to use all of the product, I don't see that being the case with the Palladio primer. The tube itself is very hard (not unlike a mascara tube) and I don't see how it can easily be cut open to remove all of the product. I think this would be much better served in a TFSI-like squeeze tube. However, I am extremely happy with the results I get from this primer and will continue to repurchase.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by socigrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I would (and do) recommend this product to EVERYONE! I thought I would have to spend a good chunk of money on a good eyeshadow primer - and then I found this. I have been using it straight for a month now and my shadow never creases - and I've worn my makeup (I almost hate to admit this) for 14 hours in a row - and it still looked good! For a 8 dollar eyeshadow primer - I'm converted for life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Where have you been all my life!? Finally! A primer that actually works on my greasy-greasy eyelids! I tried UDPP, TFSI, and Monistat to keep my shadows from creasing.This is very similar to UDPP. It applies with a little wand. Monistat *helped* but i was still creasy by the end of my work day. Popular primers were great for better color pay off, but that's it. So when I saw a review for this on YouTube by EmilyNoel83 and for the price ($8) I had to try it. I am SO glad I did.

Great color pay off with this. The only issue with this is that when it sets it becomes a tad tacky to the touch which I guess is what grabs onto color so well. Because of this it can make shadow hard to blend when applied alone over primer. I found that just sweeping powder over my lids takes care of that issue, though. (I guess a wash of a neutral/base color would work, too). I do my foundation and apply this primer and then set my foundation and this primer with powder.

This does not crease whatsoever. Even after a good hot sweaty workout, nothing budges. This was my test, actually. I wore it to the gym to see how it would perform under some seriously sweaty conditions. Didn't budge so that means it won't after a long night out!

1 lippie off only because of the packaging. Wish it was a squeeze tube or even that you could see how much product you have left.

I hope they never stop making this.....or it's back to creasy-greasy lids for me :(