October 22, 2014 | 1845 users online

Blush - Cargo - Catalina

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I've decided that I can't do cream blushes since applying the creams tends to mess up my concealer and they don't last as long as powder blushes. But I love the dewy cheeks they give you. I despaired of finding a compromise until I started trying Cargo's line of blushes.

"Catalina" is a shocking, cool-toned hot pink in the pan, but turns out to be perfect on my cheeks. I have light skin with decidedly yellow undertones. When I first applied Catalina, it looked a stitch too pink and obvious, but after a few seconds of sitting on my cheeks, it morphed into an enormously flattering, natural wash of light, vaguely peachy pink.

The blush's texture is brilliant too, melting into the skin rather than sitting on top looking powdery and makeup-y. I also love the fact that there are no obnoxious glitter particles. I used to adore NARS blushes, until I tried Cargo--NARS' "shimmery" blushes like Lovejoy, Orgasm, Madly, etc. tend to have rather large shimmer particles that look obvious and fake in comparison. Cargo's blushes have a glowy sheen rather than shimmer or glitter. Catalina is not as glowy as some others (like Louisiana). Instead, you get a very natural-looking, satiny finish. And the best thing of all, Cargo blushes last much longer on my combination skin than any other powder blushes I've tried.

I have three Cargo blushes so far (Cable Beach, Louisiana and now Catalina) and am thoroughly sold on the line. I have ordered Tobago and arranged a swap for The Big Easy based on how positive my experience has been so far. Do yourself a favor and try these blushes!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by jcbaxter04

I think this is the perfect blush - gives a great flushed look on my face. I love that I can sweep it on once or twice for a subtle look or put a few more stokes on with bronzer for a more defined look.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2006 6:28:00 AM More reviews by chesca

Cargo's Catalina is a nice matte baby pink color that would instantly liven up the face... Pink blushes usually look good on me, but this one didn't so much... Probably not a match with my skin tone. *sigh* I so wanted to like this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting this forever and was finally able to swap for it. It's a cool matte pink, not as bright or fuchsia as Nars Desire but with more punch than Mata Hari. Very pigmented too, I have fair skin and have to apply with a light hand so I don't end up looking like a clown, but that's okay. Since it's so pigmented it'll definitely show up on darker skin tones. Overall a great pink to have on hand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is light bubble gum pink, and it goes on as it is. On my light warm skin, it looks cute but rather fake. I agree with the baby doll cheek description, but unfortunately I'm not a doll. The texture is nice though. I think I'll try other shades. The tin takes up a lot of space especially if your makeup organizer is already quite full.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This color is a matte bubblegum pink that applies sheerly for a girly, innocent look. I'm a yellow-toned MMM and have no problems getting it to appear on my skin (though I do use a denser blush brush--no skunk action for me). The texture is strangely "creamy" for a powder blush and it lasts pretty long once applied. As for the packaging, there are good and bad points. The best good point is that the flat, aluminum canister (very utilitarian!) that houses the blush is almost 2.5" in diameter, which leaves you a nice surface area over which to swipe your brush. However, I can see it getting dented easily. Also, the lid of the canister can either be too tight (making it hard to pry open), or else too loose (making it fall off). Mine is on the looser side, so I'm kind of paranoid that the lid will fall off if I store it on its side. As for the price, I think it's a really great deal. You get 8.9 g of blush for $22, as opposed to NARS' 4.5 g for $25. I think if you do some per unit research, you'd find that that's a comparable price to some drugstore products (?--I haven't actually done it myself since I haven't bought a drugstore blush recently).Some side notes: the first ingredient is talc and the measurements of the blush are as follows: 2.5" in diameter, ~0.75" in height...yup, it's that big... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 4:16:00 AM More reviews by filmgal66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how large these tins are! There is a lot of room to swirl your brush around and pick up the color. It gives me a really pretty, natural flush. It looks a lot brighter in the pan than it does on the skin. I do prefer powder blushes to cream, so this suits me just fine. The packaging is really unique and cute. I have only ever used Cargo blushes, but if all the products are as good as this, I will definitely be trying others out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2005 10:49:00 PM More reviews by trempot

Happy to be piling on my Cargo collection, since we don't have it here in the Philippines! Catalina is a pretty pink blush for a pop of color. I find this lighter than NARS Desire, more of a brighter Mata Hari shade. I like the matte formulation since I tend to look oily with shimmery blushes in our hot weather. It's now my fave pink blush among my collection! A good blush for an innocent, girly look. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love pink blushes and Catalina is one of my favorites. The pigmentation is wonderfully dense and the application is very smooth. The color is a beautiful light pink that's actually a bit lighter than MAC Pink Swoon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 7:02:00 PM More reviews by DaYzIePiX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect pink blush I have found. It is best when its paired with Benefit Hoola (or any bronzer that you may use). Cargo gives you a ton of product which is nice for a change. I have pale skin, and thought this would be to obvious for me, but it gives your skin that porceline doll look. Love it!!