August 1, 2014 | 1224 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by mspaigie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEWARE super pale skinned beauties! I bought this after seeing how brightening it was on other girls on youtube. I have fair skin and this product only added darkness to my undereyes. It was cooling, which is why I gave it 2 stars, but I can not use this product because it is too orange. I can't even use this when I am tan. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
- non-creasing (doesn't require powder to set; doesn't migrate into lines)
- medium coverage
- easy-to-use, clean rollerball applicator
- buildable coverage
- long-lasting
- blends easily
- non-drying
- no mica or "sparkles"
- no obvious scent

CONS
- can be expensive
- only two shades (restricted to fair-skinned people only)

Truthfully, I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I received the Light shade for free with customer points from Shoppers Drug Mart, at which this concealer normally retails for CAD $15.99 (though I have seen this retailing in other stores for as much as CAD $19.99). Aside from the expensive price tag, I was a bit put off by the warning on the warning label on the back of the bottle that cautions users the product is flammable until it dries. Can't say I've seen that one on too many products before...

As someone with hereditary dark circles that are a light reddish-mauve with a blue tint to the skin in the inner corners of my eyes, I didn't actually expect this product to diminish my circles in any way. They're there, and there's no getting rid of them no matter what I might wish. So this product's claim that it will make the eyes look brighter in one week? That's definitely a claim to be taken with a rather large grain of salt.

Aside from the doubtful claim above, is the product actually effective in concealing? Definitely. I was impressed with how well it actually concealed my circles using a small amount of product. I apply it to the entire under eye area, as well as to the inner corners of my eyes. It blends into my skin easily and matches my skin tone rather impressively without making the area under my eyes look too light. And although it dries and sets soon after applying, it stays put and doesn't migrate into my under eye lines over the course of the day. (I have always had lines under my eyes, and ANY product will settle into those lines to some degree, though this concealer has a better ability to stay exactly where I applied it compared to the dozens of other concealers I've tried). The pigmentation isn't heavy, but this actually makes the coverage buildable (I've actually applied two to three thin layers and still not had an issue with it gathering in my lines too much).

The texture seems almost watery at first, which made me think it might not be easy to blend. But it's surprisingly fluid when applied and when patting/pressing it into the skin, making it easy to blend. There is no scent that I could detect. I also didn't find that it irritated my eyes in any way, despite the odd warning on the bottle.

Where the packaging is concerned, I can see how the rollerball applicator could be annoying to some people. If you prefer to use a brush to apply your product, the package design is not going to make that easy. Also, I could see how the design with the rollerball might make the bottle prone to leaking if taken aboard an airplane, which I've seen happen with perfumes in rollerball bottles.

I would buy this product again, but only if it's on sale. As effective as it is in terms of concealing and ease of use, I don't think it's worth the higher price, especially for a down-market drugstore concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me just start by saying WOW! I love the maybelline dark circle concealer, (with the puff applicator) well, I thought I loved it until I got this!! This is AMAZING! Something that finally brightens and conceals. It's totally skin like, no caking. A dream. I am in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is almost identical to Dermablend's $25 Quick Fix Illuminator click pen.

Dermablend Quick Fix Illuminator (0.5 ounce):
Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone,Squalane, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Dispdium Stearoyl Glutamate, Maltitol, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate. May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride.

Garnier Undereye Roller (0.5 ounce):
Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Talc, Nylon-12, Maltitol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Caffeine, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract. May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by alinalxndon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this every day as soon as I clean my face. The light color is great and I use it below my eyes at an angle to my cheekbones and between my brows. Since this has caffeine I put it on and let it set for a while so it can get to work. Also, since this is a gel it takes a minute to dry enough to set. I do caution that if you take too long to work it in it will become hard to do, but in that case just put more on and it will loosen the drying gel.

I like the light tint so it does more than repare my dark under-eyes but also covers it. I use to use this as a primer and without concealer and it worked pretty well. The ball roller sometimes doesnt work and you have to shake the liquid down to the bottom, so I store mine upside down in a makeup caddy.

The price is good (usually $8-$11), the smell is nice, and this is the only drugstore brand that makes an eye roller in color for less than $25 (sorry Olay!)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

IF YOU HAVE BAD UNDER EYE CIRCLES YOU NEED THIS!

*CONS:
-NONE

*PROS:
-love the packaging. I really like the roller ball concept. Very easy to apply. Not messy at all!
-gives a nice cooling sensation to the under eye area. Not tingly or annoying. It's a nice cool feeling. Like placing cucumbers on your eyes.
-Unscented as far as I can see.
-Covers under eye circles BEAUTIFULLY!
-Now comes in another color! Before there was only one shade which was a bit too light for me but now theyve come out with a medium skin tone colored one!
-Liquid-y texture. Not dry, not sticky, not chalky. Applies very easily.
-Price was what I expected considering it's like a treatment and concealer in one. I got mine for 10 bucks.
-Easy to find. I've seen it at walmart, target, cvs, walgreens, ulta ect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by AmandaG1395

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Overall, I really did like this product. However there are a few downsides. The coverage is poor and the shade choices are even worse. It definitely does help brighten under the eyes and the metal ball roller really does make my eyes feel more awake! However, I haven't noticed a significant lightening of my under eye circles. I recently ran out of this product and have decided to try a few more concealers but I'm definitely not opposed to repurchasing this in the future!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So after reading the reviews on MUA I decided to give this a whirl and I have to say I love it. I knew when I started using it that it was a maximum concealer so I didn't have unrealistic expectations as to what it would cover. I applied by base as usual, then did my regular MAC concealer, set everything with powder then used this right under my eyes. I loved the effective it gave, made the area brighter and gave everything a soft glow. Also loved the cool feel right under my eyes. I would definitely recommend this but advise that it's an eye treatment not a true concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product overall. It really helps to brighten around the eyes, conceal a bit, and reduce the look of dark circles without being super thick or heavy like many other concealers. It really cancels out the purpley/blue tones of dark circles, and I even use it around my nose a bit to cancel out some redness as well. The only con is that it's pretty expensive for a drugstore concealer. More expensive than some of the drugstore foundations I purchase. But I still love it enough to repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

THE BEST CONCEALER FOR UNDER EYE CIRCLES. I am anemic, and the really dark black/purple large under eye bags/circles are hereditary in my family so I was very unlucky and wound up getting pretty bad/dark under eye circles. I've tried so many concealers and this is a miracle. It covers up my whole problem. It applies easy and stays on all day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No