April 24, 2014 | 988 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG foundation brush, really excellent for applying liquid foundation. Buffs everything in smoothly without any streaking or lines. It's great for creating natural coverage. Does not shed - I've had mine for more than a year and I don't think a single bristle has dropped, even with frequent washing. I use brush cleaning spray to clean it after every use and deep cleanse once a week.

The only caveat is that this brush isn't so good for applying powder foundations. I find that it creates a lot of wastage. My powder foundations seem to go very fast when I use this brush. Perhaps it's because it sheers out the coverage and I always feel that I need to apply more to create my desired look. Hence, I would prefer to use a smaller brush for powder foundations.

Also, due to the density of the bristles. the brush takes a long time to dry. I use it with the Sigma Dry N Shape (this is a brush holder for expediting drying after washing) and it still takes about 12 hours to dry completely.

This is an awesome brush with a low price (US$18) and I highly recommend it to those who regularly work with liquid foundation. For powder foundation, you might wanna try RT's Expert Face Brush which is also really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I bought this brush after read tons of positive reviews about this brush.
This brush is so so dense but really soft. It is so lovely. I also love the finish that it gave me. Flawless and natural.
Unfortunately enough, this brush feels so big on my face, I found it quite difficult to really blend the foundation. And because of that, sometimes it gave me a cakey look.
I probably should use the F82 since it's smaller. But for now, I stick with my Chanel Foundation Brush no 6.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Asmamuhammed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my beauty blender but I was super curious about this brush. I frickin love it!! It's dense yet soft enough to blend any foundation or powder across your skin without hurting yourself. I prefer this over the real techniques buffing brush and the elf studio powder brush for applying liquid foundations. I use this with my revlon colorstay and it gives me an airbrush, flawless finish! With this brush, i find that i tend to use less foundation as well. Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite foundation brushes that applies flawlessly. Buffs perfectly onto my skin and absorbs all of the makeup onto the brush. There is not any left over or wasted makeup after applying. In other brushes ive used the makeup gets stuck in the bristles and creates a huge mess which also reflects in my makeup application. No complaints here! I'm a happy gal when using my synthetic flat top kabuki

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by SkylineGtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE best foundation brush of all time! I cannot believe how long it took me to find this! Evens out foundation perfectly, and you wont be wasting product. It buffs out makeup perfectly and doesn't leave any streaks. The quality is perfect. Hairs don't fall out. I've washed it a million times and still haven't noticed any shedding. There's a great YouTube video review on this brush compared to other foundation applicators. After watching it I was immediately SOLD.....And I GUARANTEE you will be too. Skip to 4:30 and watch until the end where she does a demonstration on a mirror.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

My favorite foundation brush, it blends out your foundation perfectly. It is perfect for cream/whipped foundations it is one if not the best foundation brushes I've ever had. It does take sometime to dry and it a brush guard will help it keep its shape. It is great quality, relatively inexpensive. I'd probably pay more for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetestsin

This brush is very soft. I use it mainly to apply my MAC foundation. It is so easy to apply, and leaves a flawless finish. I bought the 5-brush synthetic set, and this is the only one that I really use on a daily basis. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by letsnotbesilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Definitely my favourite brush of all time. This was one of my first brushes from Sigmas, further down the track I now have all the other Sigmax brushes in this range, and though they are all great, nothing beats my old faithful F80. This is my staple for foundation, I couldn't imagine using anything else. Though the F88 is similar and does a great job, I still prefer the flat top of the F80 to really buff in product. I have occasionally used it for cream products but it really is best for foundation, whether it be liquid, cream, gel, bb creme etc.

Foundation will never look the same after using this brush, it applies easily and flawlessly. It perfectly buffs into the skin leaving a natural and perfect finish without wasting any product.

A great quality product for a great price, this will be a forever product in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is amazing. If you are looking for a flawless finish, no streaks, and a beautiful even skin, this brush is for you. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I really don't even know how I lived without this brush!!!