November 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hype... I gave it a try used for a week and ZERO results. I also am never buying a double ended Mascara again with one side being white and whatever!... Its just too silly and gimmicky.
Kept original packaging and receipt for full refund.
With the credit i bought my good ole Voluminous!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

I'm using this mascara in combination with the standalone lash-boosting serum. The standalone serum tends to irritate my eyelids so I'm using this a lot more. The serum part of the mascara works well and it easy to apply; the mascara part is not that great. It takes several coats too look good, and there is a fine line between good application and ending up with your lashes all stuck together. After a few tries I mastered the knack of it. It's an OK everyday mascara. I wish they'd combine the serum part with L'Oréal's awesome Collagen mascara, that would be 5 lippies in my book. Even better, they should put the serum IN the mascara formulation to save time. Oh, and the serum works - my lashes are a LOT longer and I am not losing as many. I will continue to use this as an everyday mascara because of the serum formulation. You're probably wondering why not use the standalone serum under your regular mascara? - well no, the standalone serum makes your lashes hard and tacky which doesn't matter at night, but unfortunately it sucks under regular mascara. You need both the standalone serum and the mascara with serum if you're going to commit to the lash-boosting effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sincerely hope this isnt discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this, just for the serum. The serum part isn't like other lash serums I've tried. It's thick & white. It's very sticky & messy to put one. I can't imagine putting mascara on over this. It's very clumpy & spiky. I'm going keep using the serum at night & will report back in a few weeks,

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by hjohnson21

I just bought this at target the other day, the package that has the overnight and the mascara.

I have tried soo many mascaras, and this is by far one of the worst. The primer looks amazing, but the mascara isn't fully black, its very liquidy and gave me about 3 eyelashes. I can't believe how awful this stuff is!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by esd500

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ohhh how I LOVE this mascara. I am a mascara junkie! It's my all time make up obsession. I love my eyes and I want my lashes to really make them stand out and this product did JUST THAT. I would recommend this to everyone!

When I use this mascara it makes my lashes extend to my eyebrows and I naturally have medium length lashes. If it is put on correctly you won't be able to see the white base coat. I really don't have much to say except that it is purely amazing although if you do use the lash boosting serum before the mascara, I would recommend putting it on sparingly cause it does have a tendency to clump the lashes and make it hard to put on. It's very much worth the price. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product solely for the lash boosting serum. I haven't seen it sold separately anywhere much to my chagrin. The serum is actually pretty nice but it makes your lashes look pure white like you have icicles on your eyes. Even when applying mascara over the primer it makes your lashes feel brittle and it's hard to apply another coat onto your lashes afterwards. I only wear the serum at night and it's actually a decent product. The mascara on the other hand is way too thin consistency wise and did nothing for my lashes whatsoever. I had to apply another mascara over it so I could get the results I was looking for. I don't know if I'll purchase this product again unless I can buy the serum separately. The mascara is a total rip off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Lovethemlashes

For a drugstore mascara this can be a little pricey, however it is L'Oreal. I really enjoyed this mascara, for once i actually felt that the primer had a purpose and really did help extend my lashes. The actual mascara is just ok. I usually prime, use the mascara, then put another coat of mascara on and this does the trick turning my thin lashes into think, dark, long ones! I would purchase this again however this is onlhy because I've figured out the technique to really make my lashes pop with this, and it involves lots of curling and using another coat of a different mascara. I was happy with this, and again, i really love the primer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I really should have read the reviews on this before I bought it- particularly one of the previous posters who said not to use it in conjunction with Lilash. I bought this mascara particularly because I was using Lilash, and thought that the serum would care for my lashes while Lilash was growing them :)

Cons:
This is obscenely priced for a ds product... maybelline, covergirl, etc have mascara for NZD$19-25. Beauty Tubes costs $31, and this one cost $39. Diorshow at the same store cost $49 on special. So this one is actually closer to a high end price than it is to a DS price. That alone made me almost unwilling to buy it, but I had to try!

This mascara leaves my lashes straight and clumpy. They look gorgeous for the first hour or so, then they straighten out completely and clump so I end up with 4 spikes over each eye.

When you combine the primer and mascara, lashes end up a greyish tinge as opposed to true black. I didn't want grey lashes.

2 lippies because A. it comes off easily, and B. the packaging is pretty and it doesn't smell as bad as Beauty Tubes.

EDIT: This stuff is useless, I can't justify even giving it 2 lippies.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by skimbo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara in conjunction with the lash serum for a few months now, and I really, really like this mascara. I think that the primer really boosts your lashes but without making them clumpy or overloaded with product. When I'm using regular mascara, I generally use 2 coats anyway, so the extra priming step doesn't bother me at all. My lashes are definitely longer, but I'm not sure how much of the result can be attributed to just the mascara/primer. I tend to believe the lash serum was responsible for most of the improvement.

This is a great product for long, natural-looking lashes. My only wish is that the mascara formula was blacker and more volumizing. (I have black hair and very short, sparse lashes, so I need all the drama I can get.) Overall, I would definitely recommend this.