Revlon Minted #85

3.1

on 3/4/2011 10:08:00 PM

i LOVE this nail polish!! I'm not a huge nailpolish fan but i really do like wearing nice colors every once in a while. I honestly don't believe in buying $8+ nailpolishes just because the formula is a little bit better, if it's a good color for cheaper that may take a few more minutes to dry, then i'm all good with that. Yes, this does usually take 2-3 coats so don't use this when you're running out the door. The color is BEAUTIFUL and great for spring, I think. I've gotten soo many compliments on it. It's a blue-ish green, more of a light green. It looks like the color of stride sweet mint gum, lol.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i have been disappointed with REVLON nail polishes in the past, but this has to be the worst. The color is beautiful, but it applies so streaky! Yuck! I love the color though.

*edit- tried using on my finger nails and i tried to apply about 5 times. it was streaky and wouldn't dry and kept smudging! yuck....i have Revlon's clear polish and it does the same thing. the quality is awful. i'll use this only on my toes

on 2/15/2011 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The color of this polish is beautiful! I really love the pastel mint green. It's sooo gorgeous, but I wish the formula quality was better. It's extremely streaky and I needed to apply 3 coats for the color to be opaque. and to try to smooth the streaks. I bought this on a whim during a Revlon sale but would never have looked twice at this polish. If Revlon changed the formula to be less streaky than I would looove it!

on 2/5/2011 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is beautiful -- cool, pastel minty green. The brush is too thin by far, but for $3.00 I can make do. Second coat evens out all streaks from the first coat, good quick dry top coat perfects the whole look. Toes look beautiful.

on 2/5/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this colour! I have medium yellow-toned skin and wouldn't recommend it for people paler than me as it might make you look like a zombie. It's a bit of a pain to apply as the brush is very thin and the formula is streaky and uneven with the first coat, but by the second or third it's opaque and good to go. It lasts a long time and doesn't chip off my nails as easily as other polishes. I would buy again unless I found the same colour from another brand with a better brush and formula.

on 1/17/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This color reminds me of that Chanel color that was all the rage a couple of years ago. This color is chic. It's a very true mint color. I didn't have much streaking upon application of this as other reviewers have noted. Pastel shades are always thicker and harder to work with than other polish shades. If you aren't a pro at doing your own nails, I suggest you take this shade to a manicurist. It's semi-glossy looking once it dries which is nice, as matte pastel polishes give off an unfortunate easter egg effect. I only put this on last night, so I cannot yet assess the chipping on this one. However I recently had on Lilac Pastelle by Revlon and chipping was quite minimal with that. Hopefully this one will stand up well too. I don't see why I wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/6/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE the color of Minted - a beautiful light mint green creme. So pretty! The formula is bad however. It takes 3 coats since it's so streaky then it doesn't dry fast. I don't think I would repurchase - would move onto something that does on better.

on 1/3/2011 4:37:00 PM

I'm glad i bought a back up for this. It's the perfect pale minty green color. Yes.. the first coat is streaky.. but a lot of drugstore nail polishes are like that.. so I'm use to it =P. I love the results for the second coat. It wasn't streaky and was opaque. Love it.

on 12/22/2010 8:34:00 PM

This is a decent mint green. It was pretty cheap, like $2.50 when I bought it! Application isn't the greatest - it's streaky (evens out by the 3rd coat) and takes awhile to dry. However, I found that it lasted a fair amount of time with minimal chipping! It's a color that looks good on my skin (yellow-toned medium) so I'd buy it again... but you could probably find dupes of better quality!

on 12/21/2010 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty colour, especially for Christmas-time. I bought this for spring and when I tried it I was appalled at how streaky the application was. With each coat, it creates different streaks even on the second coat, after the first one is dry. There have been other drugstore brands that have performed better as far as the application goes. If it wasn't for the application, then I would recommend, but in this case, I don't recommend this product.

Popular Polishes