July 28, 2014 | 1973 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Brulee

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great great base color! Applies like a dream, really natural but brightens up your eyelid. Pigmentation is superb. Definitely want to stock up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

A bad highlighter shade can make an entire look fall apart. On the other hand, a great highlighter shade elevates it, like a cherry on top of a sundae. I have hooded eyes, and I need that pale neutral shade to create as much space as possible between my brows and crease. So for me, a great brow bone shade is not optional: it's absolutely essential.

I have a million palettes, and they don't have the best offerings when it comes to highlighter shades. Either they aren't pigmented enough, and I'm going back over and over again to get enough on my brow bone. Or they're too sparkly, or too white, or too something. And often there's only one or two highlighter shades in the entire palette.

So when I saw this little Wet'n'Wild shade, I thought: Perfect! It's the perfectly subtle cream shade, that's just light enough without being chalky. It blends well with all my other shadows, too--Urband Decay, LORAC, theBalm, etc. It doesn't have the silky feel of high-end brands, but it applies beautifully, and doesn't look chalky or powdery. If you haven't heard, Wet'n'Wild's Color Icon eyeshadow line is incredible. It's not just great for drug store: it's great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

The ONLY eyeshadow I've ever hit pan on (that is saying a lot). The quality is superb, it has such a buttery smooth texture and is very pigmented. I prefer this to MAC Brule eyeshadow. I use this everyday, paired with a matte brown in the crease, and liquid liner in a cat-eye shape, for a classic old school glamour look. Will repurchase forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I love this color, I use it on top of Urban Decay's primer in Eden almost every day as a neutral base color. Pigmentation is great, not chalky or transparent such as MAC's Vanilla. Great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by itza28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing product! Exact dupe for MAC's brule eyeshadow. Great pigmentation, the only problem was that it is a bit chalky, but then again it was only $2 so you can't argue with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

Beautiful colour and so smooth!! Nice if you want to do a red lip and black eyeliner, although I had to take a lippy off as everytime I go to open it I have to pull so hard and my thumb ends up smashing into the product..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Marywanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Use it everyday as an all over lid colour. Kind of chalky, but applies nicely and lasts all day. It was about two dollars Canadian and I'll re-purchase as soon as I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by beauty1204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture of this shadow is superb! It's far more rich and creamy than any of MAC's matte (and even matte2!) eyeshadows. Brulee reminds me of MAC's Bisque eyeshadow but with less pink undertones and greater pigmentation. I use this all over the lid and normally pair it with something in the crease and/or outer corner of my eye. My only issue with WnW eyeshadows is that they're really fragile. Just carrying them around in my purse can cause them to shatter or chip. (And don't even think about dropping them!) Nevertheless, I love this shadow and would repurchase over and over again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by frecklesrock

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Thank you for this review and the gal who mentioned using this as a under eye circle cover! I have this color and after reading the review immediately tried it under my eyes. SHAZAM it worked. Who would of thought? I have a ton of different cover creams/powders/concealers in my arsonal and am always looking for a better one for my heriditary under eye circles. Never would of thought of trying this eyeshadow as a cover up. Now I am going to stock up on this color.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by next1

Wow its amazing what your learn while reading makeupalley reviews. I would never have thought to use this as a setting powder for undereye concealer but dayum this works wonders, it def gives a Kim kardashian effect without the mounds of concealer that make me look cakey. Now I will say I am hispanic so I have to dust over everything with a more yellow toned setting powder but its amazing. Also after all my makeup is on I also use this as a highlighter its more subtle than a shimmery one so it may take some getting used to but def try it, I had to look deep to find these suggestions because as an eyeshadow its a matte cream highlight...big woop I have 30 of them. But give the other uses a try, and if u hate them yes it still is a great highlight shade if u care for the understated look.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No