Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro

4.4

on 9/7/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Best brand of nail polishes- ever!
yes this is better than o.p.i! Well.. somewhat.

These nail polishes are amazingly amazing. They drive very quickly, the consistency is smooth, creamy, opaque, and streak free, the brush is the kind I personally love (rounded and flat) and I really like the color selection.

They run around $4.00 a bottle at wal mart, which is half the price of o.p.i yet the SAME QUALITY! Actually, this brand's nail polishes are actually better than some of the o.p.i I own.

I have two colors,

Steel Grey: A popular greyish purple mauvey color that's gorgeous. It's a great color for fall if you don't want to go too dark.

Sunset Orange: A red coral color that is absolutely divine. I just recently bought this and I'm just squeezing it in for now till fall to wear it since it's not a fall color.

For the price, these polishes can't be beat. $4 for O.P.I quality? WOW! I hope they come out with more colors of these (:

on 8/29/2010 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i think i paid $4-something for this.

i bought the 200 Bare Naked shade, which i think is intended for french manicures, as it was pretty sheer. to get an opaque coverage i had to use 2 thin coats and 3 pretty thick coats.

i like that it's a matte color-- not frosted. but it DOES have shine. the color goes on mostly evenly. shape of the brush= REALLY awesome.

i only applied it today, so i'll update later to say how long it lasts

UPDATE:
this polish ended up lasting a decent amount of time-- 4 or 5 days without any chips, with a top coat. i'm still in love with the color, but its a shame it takes sooooo many coats to get it opaque :/

on 8/27/2010 12:31:00 AM

This is my favourite nail polish brand/line YET! Surpasses OPI, China glaze, Essi, Salley Hansen in sooo many ways. First of all, the applicators are awesome. The brush is a flat, sturdy paddle shaped brush that makes application a breeze. Secondly, the quality of these polishes are VERY GOOD. It's way up there with the highend brands. The consistency is smooth, creamy and opaque which is why the result is streak-free. Thirdly, they go for about $3.50CAD at Walmart so the value you're getting for your money is amazing. Everything about this brand/line is perfect, right down to its packaging.The drying time is quite average, not exceptionally fast, but not too slow either. I'll update on the wear of this in a week to see how long it lasts without chipping.

Currently, I own English Rose, Crushed Pearl and French White (the French White's applicator is an exception because it's actually very thin and pointy for precise french tip). I give this product 5 gold stars!

on 8/19/2010 6:57:00 PM

I bought this in French Lingerie, and what a disappointment =(...

PROS:
- inexpensive ($3.99)
- Big-3 Free

CONS:
- soooo streaky (and multiple coats make matters worse)
- teardrop-shaped brush is horrible (unwieldy, too wide, too thick)
- chips after a few days
- neck of polish bottle is too long and narrow

French Lingerie looks like an opaque milky pink in the bottle, but ends up looking like White Out. I don't know if it's the formula, or if the horrible brush has something to do w/ it, but this is undoubtedly the streakiest nail polish I've ever used - regardless of what base coat I use and regardless of how thick or thin the layer. Plus, what's odd is the bottle doesn't list ingredients, so I had no idea if the polish contained DBP, Toulene, and/or Formaldehyde. Luckily however, Rimmel's website indicates it's free of these chemicals. But no matter, this polish is going back, and I will not buy again.

on 8/16/2010 3:50:00 PM

I bought this one in Steel Grey.

The wear was acceptable for me - as my nail polish rarely lasts more then 3 days.

What I HATE - the brush. I will never again use this polish (actually bought a similar shade in OPI so I would'nt have to) entirely because of the flat brushes. I hope this trend in brushes goes away soon!

on 8/9/2010 12:25:00 PM

I bought the steel grey and stiletto red. I love both colors but it takes about three coats to get the maximum impact. They dry relatively fast and hard. I felt like the Stiletto red chipped way faster than the grey. It was coming off in layers I don't think it had anything to do with my topcoat or base. I love the bottles- they are really cute and easy to handle. The red was definitely a red apple red- slightly retro. Personally I go for the darker colors so its not really my style but it was nice to switch it up. The steel grey was more of a taupe. I love it. I stick to dark polishes but black can get boring. Its a really versatile polish- totally reccomend it.

on 8/9/2010 11:59:00 AM

I bought the clear coat and tried it on the other day. I love the applicator, however I found that the clear coat to be on the dull side. No sheen to it whatsoever. I'll probably try other colours based on the reviews here, but will not purchase the clear coat again.

on 8/5/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this polish in Stiletto Red because it was bright and 50% off at Walgreens, and I was really surprised at how much I liked it. The wide brush really covers the nail, and it only took one coat to get the bottle color. With a base coat and top coat the polish lasted for a good week before it started chipping. Overall, I'm very impressed with this polish, I went back to get it in Black Satin and am planning on getting some more colors.

on 8/4/2010 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love the packaging, and love the brush. I have this in midnight blue and base coat top coat pro. The midnight blue is, trust MIDNIGHT blue. It's pretty dark. Under the light, it has these beautiful light blue shimmers and a nice shine. But in dim lighting, it looks black. I've only tried the base coat top coat pro as a clear coat, and trust me, it doesn't work. It just peels too easily.

on 7/21/2010 2:36:00 AM

Purchased this in a variety of colours, everything from metallic teal, and purple shades, to soft nudes and pink. The forumla is great; long lasting, high shine and great consistency. Nice colour selection as they have everything from basic pinks/reds/nudes to wild neon oranges and vivid blues (though I've only seen those on LE displays and not with the permanent line). Good price point and can be found at any drugstore or chain grocery store, and usually on sale twice a month. The only downfall is that even though it has a great rounded brush tip, wiping off excess polish on the side of a bottle with the flat wand is a bit awkward.

Popular Polishes