September 22, 2014 | 1927 users online

Eye Primer - Etude - Proof 10 Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by zsarago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow..This primer is superb. Etude just opened here in the philippines and i really love all their makeups. Their packaging is sooo cute! I bought this primer coz i heard lots of great reviews. Anyhow it indeed hold my eyeshadow inplace and gives vibrant color of my eyeshadows and eyeliner . This is cheap and the quality is like urban decay! will surely buy this one again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by kis0099

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As I only had ten dollars to spend and wanted an eye primer (my UDPP was in my purse when it was stolen from the woman's bathroom near the intensive care unit! I mean, I didn't know people went that low!) I read a few really encouraging reviews for this product and decided it was the way to go. The verdict is in: I LOVE UDPP but I actually like this better! UDPP worked so well for me; my shadows and liners were more vibrant, went on more smoothly, and lasted forever! Etude House Proof 10 does all these things just as well, but the little vial packaging is a little more practical... But the big winner for me is that the consistency is even lighter and smoother than UDPP and I can get it for half the price.You really can't go wrong with this and I'm so surprized that it doesn't have more reviews!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by sheila2806

This is my first eye primer.. i bought this after i saw some perfect review here...
So I use it on my upper eyelid, put some eyeshadow and mascara in the morning.. and they still last like that in the afternoon.. I usually have oily eyelid, any eyeshadow will not long last on it and even got disappear because of the oil.. I also have a big problem with mascara.. it always give some smudge after several hours.. but with this.. it's just give a perfect effect...
No more oily eyelid.. Definitely will buy this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by larojiblanca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Can someone say WOW for this product?! (Almost) everything about this product is amazing. The price is great; I get it at a price close to retail ($4.50 US) because I have business connections in Korea. This is way cheaper than UDPP. It works wonderfully. I dab a tiny bit on my upper and lower lids, gently smooth it out with my fingers, then apply eyeshadow and liner. It definitely makes the eyeshadow colours more vibrant, as well as my black liquid liner darker and denser. My shadows don't crease for the entire day, and my liner stays on without transferring as well. When I smooth out the primer on my lids, I do it in a circular motion over my entire eye, so I end up coating my lashes with it as well. It works wonderfully as a mascara primer.

The bottle is not big, but it's enough to last for an entire year (or more). I've been using this for half a year, and there's more than 50% remaining.

My only gripe is the packaging. Like UDPP, the bottle is a pretty, curved little vial. The wand won't reach into the little crevices, so I will need to saw it apart to get at the last dredges of this great product.

Definitely will repurchase!

-------------------------------

UPDATE: I've been using this product for nearly 3 years and I find it still as amazing when I first started. Do be aware though that the product can get drier and thicker as time goes on. I usually chuck mine after 5 months because I'd rather use a fresh product that can spread easily. Since it's priced less than $7, I don't really mind this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by tinybunny

Ok. this is my 1st eye primer, and I must say.. love it!! I have oily eyelids, and this just save me from have raccoon eyes. It makes the eye shadow looks stronger and lasting. I wear from morning till night, and there's no creases, oiliness or smudges. When I worked, in the air-con room, go out with the humidity and everything, comes in again and out, it stays on. Even when I go for a trip with the heat all day, it stays on.
I would highly recommend it.. especially for oily lids.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by blackmumboe

Prior to this, I have never used an eye primer before and so this is my virgin eye primer product. Hence, I cannot compare to the other highly raved UDPP or the Two Faced Shadow Insurance. The product comes in a transparent small bottle reminiscent of the UDPP. It is in a nude color, has a wand applicator and is more of a sticky/glue-y consistency. It dries to a translucent finish and a little product goes a long way.

I have to admit that I have a love hate for this primer. I love how this primer (at a low price of USD$10 on an online site in my country) works so magically. It has amazing staying power as my shadow did not crease or fade ALL DAY. It definitely prolongs the life of your eyeshadow and you don't feel as though you have caked on too much stuff on your lids.

What I hate is that as this product is of a stickier formula, it isn't easy removing it with cleansing oil. It annoys me slightly as I'm the lazy type who prefers using one product to remove everything. Also, as I tend to use it under my eyeliner daily, I feel that when you slap on too much product, it gives you this blotchy finish on the lids. It's definitely a keeper for me as it's inexpensive but it'll take a few tries before you can successfully blend it out. If you find that UDPP is pricey and hoping for a cheaper alternative, you can consider getting this on ebay or gmarket.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Pufferfishjan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard about this online, and I must say I'm so glad I bought it.
First of all, it's really affordable (about RM26) and the bottle shape is simple, yet cute (I think they tried to make their own version of UDPP, just no frills) It is a transparent glass bottle, which I like cause I can see how much product is inside. I wonder why they made the handle so long though..

I've used it about three times and the texture is somewhere between sticky and creamy (feels a bit like mousse sometimes) and it's not difficult to apply with the wand. The colour is quite light but it doesn't look weird on the skin cause it becomes slightly transparent. So I'm not sure if it neutralizes eye colour.

But my eye shadow really looks great with this, vibrant, and doesn't fade/smudge. It took some time for me to re-learn how to blend as I never used primers before, but I managed to find a method.

Is there anything I dislike about it? Just the fact that it's harder to remove eye shadow at the end of the day. It becomes quite waterproof!
But nothing too difficult, just takes more time.

Overall I love this! I dunno if I'll have problems getting the last bits out of the bottle when it starts to finish, but that's a long way more to go :)

EDIT: I am LOVING this! Went out for 12 hours and it was so humid, I sweat a lot today, sprayed my face with water, and used two oil blotting sheets for my oily face, and my eye makeup looks like it was just put on! :D