July 30, 2014 | 1577 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am searching for a replacement for Alexandra deMarkoff Disguise for Eyes, the ne plus ultra of eyeshadow bases. After searching I tried this out in a Sephora today and was impressed enough that I bought it. To my disappointment, when I got it home and tried it myself, I discovered it went on really nicely, but then had the same problem I have with Urban Decay's primer: it is so tacky that you can't swipe color on smoothly. You can pack it on, but you can't swipe it, and once a glob of it gets on your eyelid, there it stays, in one big lump. It's not like I need to glue the shadow to my eyelids to get it to stick. I just need an evening base that holds and brightens the shadow. So bummer, back to Sephora it goes. And the hunt continues . . . . .

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very oily lids and deep set eyes. Without primer, eyeshadow and even eyeliner creases in an hour. This primer works great and makes my eye makeup last all day long until bedtime! It's easy to apply and blend with my fingers, and is invisible on my pale, warm skin. My only complaint is that the tube has started to crack and I've only used about half the product. It's not leaking yet but I'm worried it will later, especially since I have so much product left to use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Color: Off-white in the tube; colorless when blended on to lid
Fragrance: None noticeable
Formula, wear, consistency: This stuff is AMAZING. It is thick and creamy but still easy to spread over the eyelid and less drying than UDPP. It is, thankfully, also much less prone to separation than TFSI (no more squeezing out clear goop from your tube) and I find that the staying power it lends to eyeshadows is on par with UDPP and better than TFSI. It is less "grabby" than UDPP which makes shadows much easier to blend but they stay on just as long. I like it better than UDPP (my former holy grail and still in rotation in my makeup bag) for that very reason. The one thing I can think of that it isn't so great at is holding on to chunky glitter because it does not dry to a tacky finish. In terms of glitter hold, Too Faced Glitter Glue has it beat.
Packaging: An elegant gunmetal grey squeeze tube with a slant tip applicator (think of juicy tubes). I never apply straight from the tube; I always apply with my fingers.
Pricing and Availability: $21 or so at the time of this writing; available at LORAC counters and at Sephora and Ulta, etc. Note that you do get quite a lot for your money-0.47oz (13.3gm) vs the 0.37oz (10.5gm) in UDPP and 0.35oz (10gm) in TFSI.
Bottom line: My new fav eyeshadow primer :) I still love UDPP and I'll use TFSI if there's NOTHING else but I do prefer this over those other two.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ashleyyyxo0o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! This is by far the BEST primer ever! It lasts all day, and has no creasing what so ever. Even after a long day it still looks like I had just applied my shadow. The small tube actually lasts a lot longer than you would think. Strongly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by nickitraylor

I had bought a LORAC palette that had a sample of this in it. The palette (unzipped) is meh, but the primer is da bomb!

I was using UDPP, but ran out and didn't really love it. So I hadn't used a primer in awhile, and tried this LORAC stuff- it's so great! It makes my shadow stay on really well all day (even through zumba!) and my shadows look more vibrant. I don't like the hard slant applicator- I squeeze some out and use my finger, but the product that stays behind on the applicator dries out- but it's a small thing. It is expensive (wish I'd seen it on the 21 days of beauty), but I think worth it! I bought the full size after my sample ran out, and I'll keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, it is definitely one of my favorites. The texture is really creamy and it has a nice nude tone to it that blends nicely. It holds my eye shadows in place with zero creasing all day and well into the night. The formula also does not dry out my lids, which is a problem that I have had with even a few high end primers. It's a little pricey but definitely does the job beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this has replaced my UDPP that stopped working as the new formula sucked. This was on sale at Ulta for $10 and I've been using it for a few weeks. My eyeshadow has looked perfect every single day for the ENTIRE day. I actually went to sleep and woke up the next morning with smeared foundation on my pillow, smeared eyeliner, lipstick on my cheek, and perfect eyeshadow. I would repurchase. A little goes a long way. I fund that if you use too much your lids will look a little chalky

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Very good eye primer!! Up there in quality with UDPP! Performs just as well. I thought primers were just suppose to make your shadow last longer (or more than 30 minutes if you have tiny creased oily eyelids like mine), but this one actually makes the colors of the less pigmented shadows more vibrant. And I like how it's less dry than the UDPP, but still works just the same. Plus you get more product for your money! 0.53oz for around the same price as UDPP I think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A few reasons why I have tried them all and settled on this: first, it really, really works. It is as good an eye primer as they make, though I like Nars just as much. However, this one is almost half the price if you look at how much in oz you get AND the container for Nars seems to almost make the product disappear, it is the wand. The Lorac container is more like the too faced one where it seems to last forever, you squeeze out what you need. If you have dry eyelids like mine this will, like all primers, exacerbate that problem but your shadows will STICK.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by carissarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at Ulta on sale for $10!!! It's 50% off for the 21 days of beauty....and since I work at Ulta I got a discount off of that so I ended up getting this for $7. Amazing deal! I was in need of a new eye primer since my Benefit and Urban Decay primers just suddenly stopped working on my lids...now I've only used this a few times, but I will tell you why I already love it. I put this on at 9am yesterday morning, worked a 9 hour shift, went out after work and ended up sleeping in my makeup (yuck) and just woke up a little while ago to take it off and can I please tell you, my eyeshadow hadn't creased AT ALL. A little fading, but surely that's warranted as I had it on for literally 24 hours exactly. NO CREASING!!! I am over the moon right now, as with my Urban Decay PP which used to work alright, suddenly I cannot even wear liquid or cream eyeliner without getting smears all the way past my crease. The tube is great too, this will surely last me forever. If you really want to try it, get it at Ulta now because it's an amazing price!! I'm always on a hunt for a bargain, and this proved to be such a gem :)