October 22, 2014 | 942 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Mineral Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I bought this powder at Target for $11.99. I've been looking for a good drugstore mineral makeup. It's summertime and I need something a little bit lighter to wear than my usual liquid foundation. I wore it couple times and then returned it. It was a little too sheer for me. I was kind of expecting it to be more like MAC Studio Fix Powder and was disappointed when it wasn't. The coverage, like I said, is really sheer. Sheer to the point where it really doesn't look like you put anything on. It doesn't seem to even out my skintone, well actually it did but after I went over my whole face 3 times. Yeah, 3 times! One good thing about this is that it didn't look cakey after those 3 layers. I managed to get my medium coverage but I really had to work on it. Which is one of my complaints. 3 layers for medium coverage takes time, which I don't have, especially in the morning when i'm in a hurry to get out the door. Also i'm using more product than usual which leads to running out quicker. This is pretty affordable but still on the pricey side when it comes to drugstore foundation. So I don't think it's worth it. I would think a "Skin Clearing" powder would have a little more coverage. A rare fail in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for the last 3 days and I really like it. It's sheer coverage so it won't cover major problem areas. However it does even out skin tone and gives a smooth look to your face. I can't comment on the claim of improving your acne since I've only used it for a few days. The puff that it comes with isn't bad but the product goes on much better using a fluffy brush. One thing I really don't like is the packaging. Quality wise it is made well but it doesn't look sophisticated. For the price I really like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ARIEL17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this product in nude, and its too light for my skin. It looked like it would match my skin, but not really. It does help control shine, which is great!. it does have minerals, which helped my skin! i do recommend this for people with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am using this in shade Nude 40, and it's a perfect color match for my medium golden tanned skin. I'm not sure if it's the formula or the sponge applicator, but this is one of the smoothest, most cosmetically elegant powder foundations I have tried (and I have tried A LOT)! I have a very oily t-zone and large pores in the same area, and pretty much every other powder foundation I have tried have just made my pores look worse, and my face look cakey rather than smooth and flawless. Not this, this one helps perfect my skin, while looking totally natural. AND since I'm breakout prone, I love the fact it has Salycilic Acid in it to help keep my pores clear! Finally...a decent alternative to liquid! UPDATE: I work for a cosmetic brand, and I wore this to work as my foundation/powder and everyone kept saying what great skin I have. This stuff rocks, I always have to touch up my oily tzone a few times a day, and this NEVER gets cakey...I love it!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use MAC as my foundation but I have yet to find a setting powder that doesn't cause oxidation, caked appearance, or oilies BUT I started using the healthy skin pressed powder and pretty much love it. I ran out and decided to try this one instead. The colors run really dark but I found one that blended well. Anyways, the mu ended up making me look orange which I NEVER have had because my skin is far from orange. It oxidized pretty bad. I also broke out with cystic acne on face where I usually never break out. I do like Neutrogena's healthy skin pressed powder a lot more.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by DiAni

Actual rating is 3.5
For reference, I am a MAC NC30-35 with combo and acne-prone skin. IMO, Neutrogena offers some of the best drugstore (DS) fdtns. Their Skin Clearing and Healthy Skin are pretty reliable, and I have the Healthy Skin Enhancer # 30 for daily use. 60 Natural Beige has a yellow golden undertone and matches my skin perfectly, however, the colour runs slightly darker in the mineral powder. I apply the powder with my Ecotools Retractable Kabuki brush and voilà, oompa-loompa in the mirror staring back at me! My face is at least a shade darker than my neck so I have to put some on my neck too and somehow my perfect match Natural Beige is too pinkish and orange.
Now the powder itself, which I am very pleased with. It is finely milled and coverage is definitely buildable but cakey if apply too much. I first try it with the Ecotools Retractable kabuki brush and my skin looks flawless. I only have to use an extra concealer to cover some heavy acne scars on my cheek areas. It controls oils nicely for I can go 5-6 hours without touch ups my T-zone area. After 5-6 hours, the powder starts to feel heavy on my skin, settles into the large pores on my cheeks and accentuates dry patches, but that is warned ahead in the packaging and can be fixed easily with a silicone primer and proper moisturizer. I tried this as a setting powder and it works beautifully keeping oil at bay. I am using several products for acne treatments right now so I do not whether the powder actually prevents me from breaking out, the good thing is it has not break me out yet!
Overall this is a good drugstore powder and I will definitely repurchase again a different shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetumms218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im a teen, and im a girl so of course. i got hormones and acne .YAY. but this make up is pretty good, the color does run darker. I bought the lightest ( Ivory 10 ? ) and its darker than Neutrogena Healthy skin ( liqiud ) in the same color. I like it becuase it seemed to coverup my minor break outs and scars. but it rubs off kinda easy. So in all it depends on what you really want out of it. PLUS the applicator they give you is REALLYY NICE. !!

Buy again ? possibly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by sweetkandi87

This is a new foundation I found in Walmart next to the pressed mineral sheers foundation. It is in a white compact and comes with a 2 sided sponge for two different coverage levels. I bought the color Classic Ivory 10, and these colors seem to run a little darker than other brands. It cost about $12 at walmart, which is a little steep for a drugstore product, but I think its pretty good so far. It has light to medium coverage and evens skin tone out really well. To me it looks like a matte finish, but is more natural looking because it is mineral. I noticed it kept oil away pretty well also, which is a plus! I didnt retouch at all during the day, just in the evening before I went back out. This compact does have a mirror included also, and is 11g of product. It is not chalky looking either, and looks very nice after it sets with your oils on your skin. Very natural.
The package states:
*Blemish treatment with salicylic acid
*Formula with MicroClear technology treats and helps prevent breakouts
*Oil-absorbing powders instantly control shine
*Mineral formula is gentle on skin
*Mirror included
*Two sided applicator for a fresh, shine-free look: Orange side for sheer coverage, and White side for fuller coverage.

*UPDATE: I will not repurchase again, it dried my skin out too much.