Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder

3.2

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyethylene, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Nylon 12, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Polysilicone 11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 8/24/2010 11:31:00 AM

This stuff works pretty well. The applicator it comes with is so-so, I feel like I need to get myself a kabuki brush to apply properly. It goes on well, but sometimes can get a little cakey and powdery looking on the end of my nose. It hides shine pretty well, and I feel like the .5% salicylic acid un-does the pore clogging damage that powders do. It works great over the Neutrogena SkinClearing blemish concealer, and I would recommend it to people who are newer to makeup and need something quick and effective.

on 8/16/2010 5:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product does NOT help fight breakouts. AT ALL! which is why I'm giving it such a low rating. It's also very sheer so it doesn't even out your skin and it looks pretty dry and powdery when it's on your face. It also dries your skin out a lot and it's not worth it since the acne is still there. I really don't break out too bad so I kinda figured that the powder would control the little ones i get but it did not. Especially since it's a mineral powder also, it should blend well into the skin. The color was okay but overall i didn't like the results or the price of the product.

on 8/13/2010 5:31:00 PM

Good on the oil absorbing part and the sheerness of the product. Acne fighting power... not so much. Sure it has the basic acne fighting ingredients, but the sheerness of the application makes it obsolete. Overall, the product is good for girls who go for the natural look and have fair to oily skin. Reapplication throughout the day is a must for this one. Not recommended for people with scars and sever acne break outs as the product will clump and will leave an unpleasant feeling.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was just overall OKAY. it is a bit cakey, and does NOTHING WHATSOEVER to control my oil, in fact i think i get more oily when i use this powder.... but bare minerals does not have a compact powder foundation so i have to have a compact for my purse, so i use this. wouldn't buy again, however.

on 7/23/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've got mixed feelings about this powder. I thought it would give more coverage but it didnt. I like that its sheer and light because i dont really breakout alot so i dont really need a heavy powder. But when i DO breakout on my forehead, I need maximum coverage and this DOES NOT do the job. It says it "prevents" breakouts, but Ive been using this for about two months and my skin still breaks out when it feels like it- just like it used to. And when i try to cover up a pimple- it just ends up looking very powdery and makes my skin look dried out and old. The main reason why I purchased this was because of its oil-absorbing powders which works, but you have to reapply every two hours or so. I like this product because it doesnt make me breakout, i breakout for other reasons but this powder is very gentile and feel light on your face.

on 7/21/2010 4:28:00 AM

I wanted this powder to work well for me.. but unfortunately it didn't. I have pretty fair skin so i got the lightest color. It didn't even look like I've put powder on.. the coverage stinks. I tried the max coverage side of the applicator and it just caked the makeup on way too much. I couldn't even leave the house in this.. I completely took it off. Such a waste of 12 dollars.

on 7/2/2010 1:12:00 PM

I'm pretty fair-skinned and I got this in Nude. I was afraid it might be too dark, but because of its sheer-coverage, it was perfect. (Note: The shades are lighter on your face than it looks in the compact). It smells like a normal compact...no perfumes or plastic-like smell.

I've been using this for a few months and it's been okay! No unusual breakouts, no overdrying of the skin! I don't think it does anything to prevent breakouts, but it doesnt irritate sensitive skin. However, it's only flaw is that you have to reapply every 2 hrs or so because of its sheerness.

Since I have dry skin, I don't know how the oil prevention is on oily skin, so you'll have to refer to the other reviews.

Overall, it's too sheer to provide any decent coverage, and it looks cakey if you start building it up. It's definitely not worth the money and there's way more powders to try before I get this again.

on 6/22/2010 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this powder at Target for $11.99. I've been looking for a good drugstore mineral makeup. It's summertime and I need something a little bit lighter to wear than my usual liquid foundation. I wore it couple times and then returned it. It was a little too sheer for me. I was kind of expecting it to be more like MAC Studio Fix Powder and was disappointed when it wasn't. The coverage, like I said, is really sheer. Sheer to the point where it really doesn't look like you put anything on. It doesn't seem to even out my skintone, well actually it did but after I went over my whole face 3 times. Yeah, 3 times! One good thing about this is that it didn't look cakey after those 3 layers. I managed to get my medium coverage but I really had to work on it. Which is one of my complaints. 3 layers for medium coverage takes time, which I don't have, especially in the morning when i'm in a hurry to get out the door. Also i'm using more product than usual which leads to running out quicker. This is pretty affordable but still on the pricey side when it comes to drugstore foundation. So I don't think it's worth it. I would think a "Skin Clearing" powder would have a little more coverage. A rare fail in my book.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for the last 3 days and I really like it. It's sheer coverage so it won't cover major problem areas. However it does even out skin tone and gives a smooth look to your face. I can't comment on the claim of improving your acne since I've only used it for a few days. The puff that it comes with isn't bad but the product goes on much better using a fluffy brush. One thing I really don't like is the packaging. Quality wise it is made well but it doesn't look sophisticated. For the price I really like this product.

on 4/11/2010 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this product in nude, and its too light for my skin. It looked like it would match my skin, but not really. It does help control shine, which is great!. it does have minerals, which helped my skin! i do recommend this for people with oily skin.