Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Today I read ALL the reviews before I finally decided to lighten my black eyebrows with JOLEN bleach, and i finally decided to go with it and i LOVED the results!! it did take me 15 mins tho lol, i put it on for two mins, then took it off, then kept it on for 5 then off then again longer and it did lighten up eventually and now they are a nice medium to light brown!
oh and its best if you just scrape it off and reuse the same formula rather than using more and more!!
thanks to everyone here, i now have beautiful brown eyebrows!! :) (oh and no one could even tell that they were lightened because they look so natural! :)

on 4/26/2010 1:36:00 PM

My eyebrows have always been noticeably too dark for my hair/complexion (they're definitely bright black, while my hair is medium auburn and my skin is, well, white) and it's always bothered me but I've been afraid of what I thought was the alternative: orange brows and burned skin. Luckily, Jolene did a pretty good job. I do have these strange instant pimples (ARE they pimples?) near the end of one eyebrow; I'm hoping more don't pop up, but I sometimes used to get the same thing from waxing. I also put it on my lip and it worked very well/uniformly.

You have to be very careful with the eyebrows, though... I think because the little hairs are quite thick, it's hard to spread evenly and I think the "brown" phase is very easy to skip for those of us starting with dark hair. Mine stayed black for quite a long time and then started to lift VERY quickly all of a sudden. They're pretty red now but that's fine with me because my hair happens to be red. (Also, the creme is a bit expensive in Europe... I bought a jar for around 8 euros. It's not that annoying to pay a bit more, though---it's a pretty essential product, if you have insecurites about dark hair, and it's going to last a very, very long time.)

on 4/18/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used this on my stomach since I have some dark-ish hairs leading to my belly button. I really like it, it doesn't always get it 100% but it sure comes close. I will buy this again.

on 4/4/2010 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I lighten my medium brown hair to medium blonde and use this to lighten my dark eyebrows. Works like a charm! No orange tint. I personally use1/8 tsp. powder and 1/4 tsp cream, leave on for 2 min., rinse off and mission accomplished. If you have not used before start with one min. intervals so that you don't overdo it! Highly recommend. It's cheap, quick and very easy. Using such a small amount, I would repurchase but will probably never need to.

on 4/1/2010 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this bleach for several years now, mostly for my upper lip hair and occasionally for hair on my stomach (if it's summertime). While the product itself does do the job, it does have some flaws.
1) It smells
2) It stings my eyes
3) It stings my skin
4) The preperation is annoying
5) The spatula and the little plate are pretty flimsy
6) The bleach vial is hard to open.

I don't know why but it only lasts a week for my upper lip hair but it'll last for a few weeks on my stomach hair. It's a hassle having to re-bleach every week. However all these problems are worth it for hiding facial hair! Waxing is 10x more painful and rips off my skin. Threading and tweezing takes too long. This Creme Bleach is still the best bet for taking care of unwanted embarrassing hair. The price is decent too, less than 10$. A jar lasts me about 3 months, maybe more. I would defintely be repurchasing this over and over again.

on 4/1/2010 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

There's a reason why Jolen is used all over the world. It's cheap, easy to use and gets the job done relatively quickly.
I'm of South Asian descent have fairly light facial hair due to taking birth control, but I still have some visible hairs on my chin and sides of my cheeks, jaw line and temples.
I use the mild version with aloe vera and it works like a dream. All the places I put Jolen look like there's nothing there. It's all a very faint blonde colour. I just have to be sure to put on moisturizer on RIGHT AWAY and a bit extra than I usually put on because the product can be drying especially if you have dry skin (it is bleach after all)
The smell is annoying, but I think you have to remember ... it's bleach! It's not supposed to smell good. This is less obnoxious smelling than say Nair (which burned my legs and arms years ago). And you can yield various amounts depending on how much you need as long as the ratio is 1 part Accelerator Powder to 2 parts Bleach Cream.

on 3/30/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this for years. I don't have "sideburns" but my hairs in that area tend to be dark so one time I used NAIR and it grew back thick! Ugh. So since then I use this and It turns my hair to a blonde color. Even though I'm brown skinned (nc44) the blonde hairs match my skintone perfectly. It itches like hell when I have it on but it's worth it. Also be careful when u open the vial with the powder because it pops open and tends to spill.

on 3/30/2010 12:01:00 AM

I would rather rate this product a 4.5 than a 4.

I have been trying to find a way to get rid of my peach fuzz since they are extremley dark, black and visible. I have tried a lot of things. Plucking, threading, trimming, shaving and a NAIR face cream (which was supposed to dissolve the hairs but turned out HORRIBLY).
So I decided instead of trying to remove the hairs, to just try and make them seem less visible.
This product takes the cake. :]

It made my dark hairs turn blond! So now you can barely see them! It's great!
It worked efficiently, didn't burn off my skin and was much more pain-less than trying to remove the hairs.

The only complaint I have is the little tray and spatula thing it comes with. The spatula thing is okay, but the tray is not. It does not give nearly enough space to mix the stuff together. A little measuring cup would have been much better. I don't mind mixing the products but replace the tray with someone more efficient.
Also, the little powder vial has a really hard cap to take off so when you're trying to open it, it's really difficult and you end up making a bit of a mess with the powder.

But overall; great product and would totally buy again. :]

on 3/12/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I haven't use this in years but stumbled upon this while looking through reviews. I haven't used this in years b/c I only used this for dying my eyebrows. I used to use this when my hair was lighter. I'm Asian with black hair but had dyed my hair a light brown at one point in my life. It was effortless to use and as sensitive as my skin is, it did not irritate my skin at all.

on 3/6/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've used this on and off for years to bleach my arm hair and lighten my eyebrows. I buy the CVS knockoff version and it works beautifully. Easy to prepare with measuring spoons and mix in a glass bowl with a butterknife! Very pleased.
UPDATE: still use this stuff, and it still works great! Product lasts forever. Just lightened my eyebrows, using 1/4 tsp powder and 1/2 tsp cream mixed in a small beautiful glass ashtray (don't smoke never have but adore beautiful ashtrays!) with the little spatula it came with. I just leave it on a couple of minutes or less then wipe off with same spatula, check color and reapply if needed. I do not worry about "mixing cream and powder in one direction only" as the directions state. Never had a problem. It's best to use product literally minute by minute because you can lighten gradually and have more control over the results. It would be very bad to apply and walk away! Literally check in 30 second spurts if you are unsure!

Popular Treatments (Face)