November 27, 2014 | 1634 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I lighten my medium brown hair to medium blonde and use this to lighten my dark eyebrows. Works like a charm! No orange tint. I personally use1/8 tsp. powder and 1/4 tsp cream, leave on for 2 min., rinse off and mission accomplished. If you have not used before start with one min. intervals so that you don't overdo it! Highly recommend. It's cheap, quick and very easy. Using such a small amount, I would repurchase but will probably never need to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this bleach for several years now, mostly for my upper lip hair and occasionally for hair on my stomach (if it's summertime). While the product itself does do the job, it does have some flaws.
1) It smells
2) It stings my eyes
3) It stings my skin
4) The preperation is annoying
5) The spatula and the little plate are pretty flimsy
6) The bleach vial is hard to open.

I don't know why but it only lasts a week for my upper lip hair but it'll last for a few weeks on my stomach hair. It's a hassle having to re-bleach every week. However all these problems are worth it for hiding facial hair! Waxing is 10x more painful and rips off my skin. Threading and tweezing takes too long. This Creme Bleach is still the best bet for taking care of unwanted embarrassing hair. The price is decent too, less than 10$. A jar lasts me about 3 months, maybe more. I would defintely be repurchasing this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's a reason why Jolen is used all over the world. It's cheap, easy to use and gets the job done relatively quickly.
I'm of South Asian descent have fairly light facial hair due to taking birth control, but I still have some visible hairs on my chin and sides of my cheeks, jaw line and temples.
I use the mild version with aloe vera and it works like a dream. All the places I put Jolen look like there's nothing there. It's all a very faint blonde colour. I just have to be sure to put on moisturizer on RIGHT AWAY and a bit extra than I usually put on because the product can be drying especially if you have dry skin (it is bleach after all)
The smell is annoying, but I think you have to remember ... it's bleach! It's not supposed to smell good. This is less obnoxious smelling than say Nair (which burned my legs and arms years ago). And you can yield various amounts depending on how much you need as long as the ratio is 1 part Accelerator Powder to 2 parts Bleach Cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years. I don't have "sideburns" but my hairs in that area tend to be dark so one time I used NAIR and it grew back thick! Ugh. So since then I use this and It turns my hair to a blonde color. Even though I'm brown skinned (nc44) the blonde hairs match my skintone perfectly. It itches like hell when I have it on but it's worth it. Also be careful when u open the vial with the powder because it pops open and tends to spill.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyHun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would rather rate this product a 4.5 than a 4.

I have been trying to find a way to get rid of my peach fuzz since they are extremley dark, black and visible. I have tried a lot of things. Plucking, threading, trimming, shaving and a NAIR face cream (which was supposed to dissolve the hairs but turned out HORRIBLY).
So I decided instead of trying to remove the hairs, to just try and make them seem less visible.
This product takes the cake. :]

It made my dark hairs turn blond! So now you can barely see them! It's great!
It worked efficiently, didn't burn off my skin and was much more pain-less than trying to remove the hairs.

The only complaint I have is the little tray and spatula thing it comes with. The spatula thing is okay, but the tray is not. It does not give nearly enough space to mix the stuff together. A little measuring cup would have been much better. I don't mind mixing the products but replace the tray with someone more efficient.
Also, the little powder vial has a really hard cap to take off so when you're trying to open it, it's really difficult and you end up making a bit of a mess with the powder.

But overall; great product and would totally buy again. :]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't use this in years but stumbled upon this while looking through reviews. I haven't used this in years b/c I only used this for dying my eyebrows. I used to use this when my hair was lighter. I'm Asian with black hair but had dyed my hair a light brown at one point in my life. It was effortless to use and as sensitive as my skin is, it did not irritate my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this on and off for years to bleach my arm hair and lighten my eyebrows. I buy the CVS knockoff version and it works beautifully. Easy to prepare with measuring spoons and mix in a glass bowl with a butterknife! Very pleased.
UPDATE: still use this stuff, and it still works great! Product lasts forever. Just lightened my eyebrows, using 1/4 tsp powder and 1/2 tsp cream mixed in a small beautiful glass ashtray (don't smoke never have but adore beautiful ashtrays!) with the little spatula it came with. I just leave it on a couple of minutes or less then wipe off with same spatula, check color and reapply if needed. I do not worry about "mixing cream and powder in one direction only" as the directions state. Never had a problem. It's best to use product literally minute by minute because you can lighten gradually and have more control over the results. It would be very bad to apply and walk away! Literally check in 30 second spurts if you are unsure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I took off 1 lippie because I hate having to mix the creme and accelerator together before applying. It gets a little messy if you aren't careful..but overall, I definitely recommend this product.

I'm naturally brunette but have been dying my hair blonde since forever, so I need something to lighten my eyebrows a bit. This stuff definitely does the trick! Just be careful not to leave it on too long or it will turn your brows orange..at least if they're naturally dark like mine. Have been purchasing and will continue to purchase for quite some time..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Kay789

Overall Rating: 4, it works
Price: 2, it's fairly cheap but you get very little in a box
Packaging Quality: 3, it's not fancy but it works
Would you buy this product again? Yes, because I need it

Jolen for me is like pads or tampons, I hate it but it's a necessity and it does the job it's supposed to do. Although sometimes if you have used it repetitively for a long time, the hair stays dark and resists for some reason. It happened to both me and my friend. I use Jolen because I find its a necessity for a woman with dark hair, just like shaving or waxing. I use the Aloe vera formula but it still hurts like hell everytime. I use it about once every 3 weeks and it takes 10 min, but I often have to redo it because it does not completely bleach the first time. I find it expensive since you need to buy it over and over again, I tried other brands for the same price which had bigger quantities and delivered similar results. It's basically cream peroxide.I don't mind the simple packaging, it's purely functional.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant believe I havent reviewed this product. I have been using this for 16 years. I have always had dark fine hair around my face ever since I was a teenager. I didnt know what to do at that age, wax, thread, pluck, or shave!!! I just used this bleach and it helped lighten up. Later in my life I found out that I have been suffering from a hormone imbalance which caused facial hair to be become dark. I have gotten laser hair removal several years ago, and now i only use this one or twice a year. This stuff helped me save my face from embarrassment from the facial hair at such a young age. I recommend to young girls who are not ready to start waxing yet is to try bleaching first. Of course, hair is not gone, its still a 'peach fuzz', but it is lighten up quite a bit.