July 29, 2014 | 1554 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's a reason why Jolen is used all over the world. It's cheap, easy to use and gets the job done relatively quickly.
I'm of South Asian descent have fairly light facial hair due to taking birth control, but I still have some visible hairs on my chin and sides of my cheeks, jaw line and temples.
I use the mild version with aloe vera and it works like a dream. All the places I put Jolen look like there's nothing there. It's all a very faint blonde colour. I just have to be sure to put on moisturizer on RIGHT AWAY and a bit extra than I usually put on because the product can be drying especially if you have dry skin (it is bleach after all)
The smell is annoying, but I think you have to remember ... it's bleach! It's not supposed to smell good. This is less obnoxious smelling than say Nair (which burned my legs and arms years ago). And you can yield various amounts depending on how much you need as long as the ratio is 1 part Accelerator Powder to 2 parts Bleach Cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years. I don't have "sideburns" but my hairs in that area tend to be dark so one time I used NAIR and it grew back thick! Ugh. So since then I use this and It turns my hair to a blonde color. Even though I'm brown skinned (nc44) the blonde hairs match my skintone perfectly. It itches like hell when I have it on but it's worth it. Also be careful when u open the vial with the powder because it pops open and tends to spill.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyHun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would rather rate this product a 4.5 than a 4.

I have been trying to find a way to get rid of my peach fuzz since they are extremley dark, black and visible. I have tried a lot of things. Plucking, threading, trimming, shaving and a NAIR face cream (which was supposed to dissolve the hairs but turned out HORRIBLY).
So I decided instead of trying to remove the hairs, to just try and make them seem less visible.
This product takes the cake. :]

It made my dark hairs turn blond! So now you can barely see them! It's great!
It worked efficiently, didn't burn off my skin and was much more pain-less than trying to remove the hairs.

The only complaint I have is the little tray and spatula thing it comes with. The spatula thing is okay, but the tray is not. It does not give nearly enough space to mix the stuff together. A little measuring cup would have been much better. I don't mind mixing the products but replace the tray with someone more efficient.
Also, the little powder vial has a really hard cap to take off so when you're trying to open it, it's really difficult and you end up making a bit of a mess with the powder.

But overall; great product and would totally buy again. :]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't use this in years but stumbled upon this while looking through reviews. I haven't used this in years b/c I only used this for dying my eyebrows. I used to use this when my hair was lighter. I'm Asian with black hair but had dyed my hair a light brown at one point in my life. It was effortless to use and as sensitive as my skin is, it did not irritate my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this on and off for years to bleach my arm hair and lighten my eyebrows. I buy the CVS knockoff version and it works beautifully. Easy to prepare with measuring spoons and mix in a glass bowl with a butterknife! Very pleased.
UPDATE: still use this stuff, and it still works great! Product lasts forever. Just lightened my eyebrows, using 1/4 tsp powder and 1/2 tsp cream mixed in a small beautiful glass ashtray (don't smoke never have but adore beautiful ashtrays!) with the little spatula it came with. I just leave it on a couple of minutes or less then wipe off with same spatula, check color and reapply if needed. I do not worry about "mixing cream and powder in one direction only" as the directions state. Never had a problem. It's best to use product literally minute by minute because you can lighten gradually and have more control over the results. It would be very bad to apply and walk away! Literally check in 30 second spurts if you are unsure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I took off 1 lippie because I hate having to mix the creme and accelerator together before applying. It gets a little messy if you aren't careful..but overall, I definitely recommend this product.

I'm naturally brunette but have been dying my hair blonde since forever, so I need something to lighten my eyebrows a bit. This stuff definitely does the trick! Just be careful not to leave it on too long or it will turn your brows orange..at least if they're naturally dark like mine. Have been purchasing and will continue to purchase for quite some time..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Kay789

Overall Rating: 4, it works
Price: 2, it's fairly cheap but you get very little in a box
Packaging Quality: 3, it's not fancy but it works
Would you buy this product again? Yes, because I need it

Jolen for me is like pads or tampons, I hate it but it's a necessity and it does the job it's supposed to do. Although sometimes if you have used it repetitively for a long time, the hair stays dark and resists for some reason. It happened to both me and my friend. I use Jolen because I find its a necessity for a woman with dark hair, just like shaving or waxing. I use the Aloe vera formula but it still hurts like hell everytime. I use it about once every 3 weeks and it takes 10 min, but I often have to redo it because it does not completely bleach the first time. I find it expensive since you need to buy it over and over again, I tried other brands for the same price which had bigger quantities and delivered similar results. It's basically cream peroxide.I don't mind the simple packaging, it's purely functional.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant believe I havent reviewed this product. I have been using this for 16 years. I have always had dark fine hair around my face ever since I was a teenager. I didnt know what to do at that age, wax, thread, pluck, or shave!!! I just used this bleach and it helped lighten up. Later in my life I found out that I have been suffering from a hormone imbalance which caused facial hair to be become dark. I have gotten laser hair removal several years ago, and now i only use this one or twice a year. This stuff helped me save my face from embarrassment from the facial hair at such a young age. I recommend to young girls who are not ready to start waxing yet is to try bleaching first. Of course, hair is not gone, its still a 'peach fuzz', but it is lighten up quite a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by topsyturvy26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

yesterday i went to shoppers drug mart to look for bleaches. i was originally looking for the sally hansen facial hair bleacher, but they didn't have it at the store, so i bought jolen instead, since i've heard good things about it before. it was 8.99 CAD including tax, which i guess isn't so bad. the packaging is average, and whether or not it's good i still have to continue buying it because i can't walk around with a girl 'stache.
last night i tested it on my inner elbow, since my allergic reactions would always occur there. it seemed alright, it was a little red, but that settled down a few minutes later. then i realized that the patch of skin where i tested it was lighter than the other skin. but that was gone by the morning.
an hour ago i attempted to bleach my upper lip. i mixed the powder with the cream 1 to 2, and applied it to my upper lip which was kind of hard for me since im not so good with that kind of stuff. it wouldn't spread evenly on my skin, and i had to lie down to prevent the mixture from sliding down onto my lip. about 5 minutes later my lip felt like it was on fire. when the 10 minutes were over i scraped it off with the spatula and then washed my upper lip with a washcloth. that was when i realized some kind of zit-like thing growing on my lip and some red bumps on my cheek, and my hairs were still dark so i reapplied the bleach for 7 minutes, and the burning returned. 7 minutes later i scraped it off again and rinsed the area. my hairs were almost blonde, but the red bumps had multiplied and there was another zit-like thing on my upper lip, but now it's beginning to disappear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Briggitte

The reason why I initially chose to purchase this product over others is because there was a NO ANIMAL TESTING sign right on the box thats really important to me when I consider buying products esp. bleaches that are frequently tested on animals. Anyways I have dark brown hair and very fair skin which of course means that i have darkish body hair so I use this on my thighs, tummy, upper lip and so far it has worked great! Next time I plan on leaving it on a bit longer but it hasnt broken out my sensitive skin at all so I will def. buy this again!