December 22, 2014 | 939 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading the reviews here and on MAC's site. I went to the MAC store in the mall and was matched to NC37. It's like the perfect color. I am so pleased. I have not had the best luck finding foundation, it always seems to leave my face way darker than my neck and I get the "have you been tanning?" question.

Anyway, so I have been wearing this for about 3 weeks or so. I use a Napoleon Perdis skunk brush I got as a free gift with purchase to apply and it really looks great. I haven't used a lot, I don't think, so I hope it will last me at least 2 months. I recommend if you have dry skin you give it a try. I have dry skin with seb dermatitis.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by catah21

i just got this over the weekend and in just 3 days i am completely in love with this product.. it gives just the right amount of product w/o making you look cakey!! it has a slight dewy look. it does run darker so make sure you are matched correctly! the best thing is its Mineral.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by LegalChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this makeup, after using the liquid mineralizing I wanted a change. The only reason this gets a rating of 4 is because it doesn't last nearly as long as the liquid. Having said that, I love the way it makes my 43 year old VERY dry skin look, with excellent coverage. I've never been one to wear a ton of foundation, and in the summer months usually don't unless I'm going out in the evening. The reviewer below me stated she has very oily skin. This product is recommended for those with DRY skin for this very reason. I can certainly understand why oily skin persons would not like this product, but for mine it is wonderful, the best foundation I have found yet, and I have tried many. Just wish there was a bit more per compact. LOVE IT. I also don't see it running darker than the liquid, in fact I used to use NW25 in the liquid and bumped up to NW30 since I was tanning and it's just fine, even as the tan fades from vacation. This foundation is great for those with dry or combination skin. Good coverage without looking like you stepped off Jersey Shore, and leaves a lovely, radiant glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found that this foundation runs darker than other MAC foundaitons (I'm usually an NW20-and I got the NW15 and it was still slightly dark). I didn't like the greasy, sticky feeling this foundation left. I applied with a foundation brush, but had to use a sponge to blend the foundation out. I have oily skin, and the wear with the foundation is not good (even when set with a translucent powder). So I started using this as an under eye concelear during the work week, which works fine for me (as I do not need a lot of coverage). I also don't like that there is not a lot of product for the $33 price tag. I won't repurchase, and have already gone back to the MAC Mineralize Satinfinish foundation ($30---and you get WAY more product).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because my friends were raving about it. I don't think it gives much coverage but I don't put a lot on my face. It does give a dewy look and a sticky feeling that I don't particularly care for but I think it looks great in pictures! My skin looks absolutely flawless in pictures and I get compliments on my skin all the time. I guess if you find the right color it should make you feel like it's your skin but better.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Datplaygurlbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I did not like this product. When I tried it on in the store it looked really good. (Im a NC55, BTW). When I decided to wear it out with friends, it looked HORRIBLE in pictures. No matter how much I tried to darken it it still looked white bright in photos. I will never buy this product again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

Pros:
-Good for my dry cheek--has a slightly sticky finish which I personally enjoy, not to over the top
-Medium coverage for those who enjoy it
-Blends and evens out skin tone nicely
-No sparkles

Cons:
-I wish it was in squeeze tube--I think it could have been done..
-So little product for the price
-Doesn't cover all acne marks (use concealer)

I think using the warmth of your fingers works better for this product to blend out. I used the brush that was meant for this foundation (the little, dense, mini duo-fiber forgot the number) and I absolutely hate getting the black hairs on my face to pick off. The brush made it a little streaky and took longer to swirl, stipple, blend etc. I end up washing my hands, swirling my ring finger and streaking it across twice on my cheeks due to extra redness there, once on forehead, once on chin, and a bit on nose and under eyes and blending it that way tapping and blending, adding more if necessary. Seems to work better for me. Will try with flat top blender from Sonia Kushak next to see if that works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lmuchlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first makeup was MAC Studio Tech. What I didn't like because it was too thick & I didn't like how it was on my skin. And I took the Mineralize SPF 15 foundation at MAC by chance & without any recommendation. I tried it & I enjoyed my first Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation NW50 (it was in summer 2010) & I went to a MAC recently & I told the lady that I was a NW50 she looked at me weird & told me are you sure? lol I'm like yes & she said okay! She tried it & said it's the wrong color for you, it's too dark. At Home (actually at home the light is sooooo bad) & the last time I tried it didn"t seem NW50 was too dark (epic fail) ... lol! And she offered me the NW45 was so much better we can't even tell if I wear makeup. People say my skin look good & blabla & when I told them it was because I wear makeup they sad it doesn't appear at all. The lady who say me to take the NW45 was right & did a good job. My NW50 might be good for the summer when I'll probably take a bit of color. Oh maybe because it was summer she was offered me to take the NW50...but still!! I simply love this foundation & with Minerallize skinfinish in Deep dark is the bomb !! :D xx

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by rsayan00

I went to the SA at MAC in Debenhams hoping that she could give me something to save my dull skin. I had been using my previous summer foundations and they just weren't working for me as my skin had got lighter and dryer in the winter. So I bought this and the 130 brush. The foundation looked flawless in store but as i've been using it, i feel it might be too dark and I can already see the bottom of my container and it's been a month. I don't use it everyday as it's quite thick and feels heavy on my skin. This seems similar to MAC moistureblend which has been discontinued. If you have really dry skin then this is for you.I'm still on the search for my perfect foundation but this will do for now!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i am heartbroken. i thought i had found the one. but it gave me bad cystic acne on my chin :( otherwise, i think this is an amazing foundation! this and the 130 brush is the perfect combination. i def reccomend it because the stiffness really helps to give the coverage you need and an airbrushed finish. i had never seen my skin so flawless and natural looking before! it stays dewy for a while so i would powder after putting this on because it feels kinda odd. i would imagine someone would oily skin would feel gross in this but it is great for dry.