MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

I didn' like it at all. I tried brushes, I tried my fingers, with a primer, without a primer, it just sat on my skin making my pores look huge! I tried applying it lightly, heavily, it just didn't work. I also didn't like the sight of it after a few uses, I clean my brushes allright but the idea of a cream make up exposed like this, it just didn't look very appealing to me.I used it up but will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been wanting this foundation for a long time and today I finally got it :) I love it! It's definetly more for dry skin. I use it with very dense brush, and it does seem a bit 'wet' when I'm done, but it eventually 'drys' and it feels great! It makes me skin look great and I love that it has SPF in it. I'm a NC20 in this and it's a perfect match. I will buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My body is really strange. If I eat junk food, I don't gain weight, I break out. And this summer, I broke out really badly due to eating out of boredom. I've never really used foundation before, only translucent powder to set my tinted moisturizer. I went to the MAC counter in search of the perfect foundation and the nice lady matched me with NC42.

Let me just say that this product's actually pretty good. It goes on nicely with a stipling brush, but it doesn't give a lot of coverage (which I like). It's very creamy (duh) and gives off a nice dewy finish. The only problem I have with it is that it tends to get cakey, especially around my blemishes. My acne isn't severe, but it still cakes up. I'm not sure if I'd buy it again, only because my minimum-wage job at my family restaurant can't afford a high-end foundation. Overall, it's a nice foundation with medium coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was my first MAC foundation, and although I have already repurchased it (in a lighter colour for winter), I am not sure I will stick with it. I bought it when I wanted a long lasting foundation with a natural finish, to be honest, for my wedding day. And it did look very good that day! In summer I am an NW 20, in winter an NW 15. The foundation stays put quite well and had a nice glowing (but not greasy) finish. With my oily skin, I have to blot after about four hours. It seemed to work well with my skin and definitely did not break me out.
The only problem is, I am starting to prefer lighter formulas. This creme foundation goes on pretty heavy; it gives good and natural looking coverage but it does feel sort of sticky on the face and remains so. Also I have come to the conclusion that I do prefer liquid foundations, in application as well as in how they feel on my face.
If you consider this, just let a SA try it on your face at the counter. Next time I want to splurge on a MAC foundation again, I think I'll try something else though.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I bought this after reading the reviews here and on MAC's site. I went to the MAC store in the mall and was matched to NC37. It's like the perfect color. I am so pleased. I have not had the best luck finding foundation, it always seems to leave my face way darker than my neck and I get the "have you been tanning?" question.

Anyway, so I have been wearing this for about 3 weeks or so. I use a Napoleon Perdis skunk brush I got as a free gift with purchase to apply and it really looks great. I haven't used a lot, I don't think, so I hope it will last me at least 2 months. I recommend if you have dry skin you give it a try. I have dry skin with seb dermatitis.

i just got this over the weekend and in just 3 days i am completely in love with this product.. it gives just the right amount of product w/o making you look cakey!! it has a slight dewy look. it does run darker so make sure you are matched correctly! the best thing is its Mineral.

I absolutely LOVE this makeup, after using the liquid mineralizing I wanted a change. The only reason this gets a rating of 4 is because it doesn't last nearly as long as the liquid. Having said that, I love the way it makes my 43 year old VERY dry skin look, with excellent coverage. I've never been one to wear a ton of foundation, and in the summer months usually don't unless I'm going out in the evening. The reviewer below me stated she has very oily skin. This product is recommended for those with DRY skin for this very reason. I can certainly understand why oily skin persons would not like this product, but for mine it is wonderful, the best foundation I have found yet, and I have tried many. Just wish there was a bit more per compact. LOVE IT. I also don't see it running darker than the liquid, in fact I used to use NW25 in the liquid and bumped up to NW30 since I was tanning and it's just fine, even as the tan fades from vacation. This foundation is great for those with dry or combination skin. Good coverage without looking like you stepped off Jersey Shore, and leaves a lovely, radiant glow.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I found that this foundation runs darker than other MAC foundaitons (I'm usually an NW20-and I got the NW15 and it was still slightly dark). I didn't like the greasy, sticky feeling this foundation left. I applied with a foundation brush, but had to use a sponge to blend the foundation out. I have oily skin, and the wear with the foundation is not good (even when set with a translucent powder). So I started using this as an under eye concelear during the work week, which works fine for me (as I do not need a lot of coverage). I also don't like that there is not a lot of product for the $33 price tag. I won't repurchase, and have already gone back to the MAC Mineralize Satinfinish foundation ($30---and you get WAY more product).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because my friends were raving about it. I don't think it gives much coverage but I don't put a lot on my face. It does give a dewy look and a sticky feeling that I don't particularly care for but I think it looks great in pictures! My skin looks absolutely flawless in pictures and I get compliments on my skin all the time. I guess if you find the right color it should make you feel like it's your skin but better.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I did not like this product. When I tried it on in the store it looked really good. (Im a NC55, BTW). When I decided to wear it out with friends, it looked HORRIBLE in pictures. No matter how much I tried to darken it it still looked white bright in photos. I will never buy this product again